It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aromatherapy.....essential oils

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i have been thinking about getting a diffuser and starting with aromatherapy.
i use incense all the time and dont know much of anything about the oil but it does look like there are endless combos i could try.

does anyone use oils?
where do you get your stuff? your diffuser?
thank you

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

A friend of mine uses oils in her soaps, lotions, unguents and salves. I think her source is....

www.bulkapothecary.com... N2ilsshABfD06RoCDmLw_wcB

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i have been thinking about getting a diffuser and starting with aromatherapy.
i use incense all the time and dont know much of anything about the oil but it does look like there are endless combos i could try.

does anyone use oils?
where do you get your stuff? your diffuser?
thank you

My first thought on seeing this and that you had written it was " sounds a bit hippy girlie!"

Then I remembered that I use them all the time, my ex was an aromatherapist, We make our own cleaning products, incense and candles.

What do you want to know, I just remembered that I know a lot about this subject.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Watch out for the benzene ones. They can be carcinogenic.

"The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is part of the World Health Organization (WHO). Its major goal is to identify causes of cancer. IARC classifies benzene as “carcinogenic to humans,” based on sufficient evidence that benzene causes acute myeloid leukemia".

There is benzene present in many essential oils and resins when burnt. I will not use them because of this.

They smell nice, but I really do not trust them. Long term exposure does not seem like a good idea to me, not to any fumes.

I have forgiven you now for not acknowledging me. It does not matter if you don't want to acknowledge me.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

anything really.
is there a site you would recommend me buying the oils from?

i think i am going to get a diffuser tomorrow and start with this kit.
i get a bit strange with stuff though.

i get into something new and then i have to have everything there is to have.
so even if i wont use a certain scent i will have to have a bottle of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Don't need a difuser - unless to want to spend money. A drop or two on your palm goes everwhere with you. Just warm up by rubbing your hands together and inhale. Simple.

Mountain Rose Herbs.
edit on 26-12-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I use essential oils to scent homemade soaps, lotions, after-shave balms, and for aromatherapy. NOW sells decent quality relatively inexpensive oils. Most of their 1 ounce bottles are under $10. Out of about 20 NOW oils that I use now there is only one I don't really care for - lime. Make sure to get 100% pure oil that hasn't been diluted with a carrier oil. It's better to dilute it yourself if you need to.

This is the only diffuser I have used or owned. In fact I just bought another one and gave it to my daughter yesterday for Xmas.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I get lots of information on proper usages and dilutions and also products here. They have essential oils, carrier oils, diffusers among lots more here,
www.naturesgift.com...
Once you start with understanding the different properties of oils, it's hard to stop. I love creating different mixtures for different things and some oils can be used for a myriad of different uses. Like I have some for pain that also help you to sleep.
Have fun and read precautions!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

As you are over The Pond to me I can also recommend Marge Clarke's Nature's Gifts Essential Oils, and as peppy cat says read the precautions, but I would also add learn the contraindications. As I tell my students, the contraindications are more important than what an EO will do.
Also, Please do not buy your oils from an MLM company.

Happy to help if you have any questions

Jane

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

No, no, no....there are only a few oils that can be used neat on the skin

Jane

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

What is MLM?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

No, no, no....there are only a few oils that can be used neat on the skin

Jane

Thanks always willing to learn. Have you a good source to share?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

anything really.
is there a site you would recommend me buying the oils from?

i think i am going to get a diffuser tomorrow and start with this kit.
i get a bit strange with stuff though.

i get into something new and then i have to have everything there is to have.
so even if i wont use a certain scent i will have to have a bottle of it.

It depends on what you are looking to achieve really.

If you are thinking of incense then you may be better off looking into resins and herbs and using charcoal blocks as oposed to oils.

Buy some dragons blood and copal resin and set them on a block of charcoal and watch your mood improve with the fug.

Or better still splash out on some frankensense and drop some lime or euclaptus leaves on there and see what occurs.

It all depends on what you want out of it.
edit on 26/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7

What is MLM?

Multi level marketing, they are suggesting you buy direct and not from a MLM supplier were you pay over the odds for diluted oils.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Recieved an aromatherapy diffuser from a secret Santa last week and absolutely love it. It came with a lavender essential oil that has a really nice smell, I add 3 drops of it to the filter and the aroma lasts about 1 day. There is a mom and pop shop in town that sells essential oils, they have dozens of varieties. Not sure of any bigger retail stores that sell them but you should be able to find them online.

I burn lots of candles and the diffuser will definitely help save some money as the essential oils last quite a bit longer.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I have been doing the essential oil thing for 8 years now. Tried all companies under the sun and am very knowledgeable. I don't have time right now unfortunately... But send me a p.m. and I'll be glad to help with pros and cons of different ones.

P.S. DON'T fall into the whole multi level marketing schemes (pyramid schemes). They are big for EO companies right now...

Seriously though, do message me. I promise I can help you a lot. Just not this second lol

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Hello, Nadolig Llawen!

I pour patchouli oil all over myself like there's no tomorrow - should I not be doing this? Eeeek.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hello, Nadolig Llawen!

I pour patchouli oil all over myself like there's no tomorrow - should I not be doing this? Eeeek.

Are you dead yet? Do you have unsightly sores all over your body?

Do you talk to potplants?

If not you should be okay but maybe go a little easy on it.

On a serious note lavender oil on the temples with a headache is far better than any pain medication.

other than codine that is. Codine is really nice.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hi FyreBird. Glad to help.
Yes I am a source

I live in the UK and have been qualified as a Clinical Aromatherapist for 25 years. Marguerite Maury is known as the pioneer of Aromatherapy as we know it and I am 4th lineage and my teaching was very much French/Austrian based. 16 years ago I set up my school. It's what I do full time both therapy and teaching.
I have a booklet on the contraindications of over 80 EO's but have no idea how I would put it on here as it's in word format.

Jane

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thank you

Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join