It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeking Airliner Missing from Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks like they may strike again,if this is true.......

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is trying to find an airliner that took off from the Angolan capital of Luanda on May 25 and has not been seen since, a State Department official said on Thursday.
channels.netscape.com.../ff/story/0002%2F20030612%2F123191313.htm&sc=rontz

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
He is Russian and has ties to Bin Laden. He is a former Air Force pilot suspected of arms trafficing for the Taliban and Al-Quida. He is supposedly known for trafficing in Angola, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. He is the owner of Air Cess and owns 60 planes with over 300 pilots on his payroll.

I made a big deal out of this guy on my old site Mother Jones but they all ignored me as usual. I wonder if anyone here has any info on this man. I think that this man is probably one of the worst criminals of our time. We need to start asking questions, and fast. It seems that people like him and others I could name are completely overlooked by the so-called fighters on the so-called 'War on Terrorism', for if we were fighting a real war against the terrorists then this guy would be high scale on the black list. How come we never hear about this guy from our governments???

You can only wonder. What do you people think???

And what do you know???

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Never heard of him.But I will look into him.The government has been a bit selective on who they choose to on the war on terror.I was hoping we would be gung-ho and take them all out.But it does not look like it will happen that way.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
AV, please post a link to the info you mention.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And on a related note:

ROME � Police found an alleged explosive device on a plane waiting to board passengers for a domestic flight Thursday at an airport in eastern Italy, officials said.

The device was found under a seat on an Alitalia (search) plane that had flown in to Ancona (search) from Rome (search) and was scheduled to make a return trip Thursday evening.

A fire department official at Ancona's Falconara airport (search) said that police received an anonymous call alerting them to the device. They removed the device and safely exploded it, the official said on condition of anonymity. No arrests had been made.

The ANSA (search) news agency cited investigators as saying the device appeared to be a cigarette pack with electrical cords sticking out. The packet was found hidden in a life vest under a seat, it said.

Since the device was destroyed, experts will have to piece together the remains to determine whether it was a bomb, ANSA reported

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Does anyone know who Victor Bout is??????

sounds like a mission for triple x

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
AV, please post a link to the info you mention.

Sorry but I can't Dragonrider. If you read my post then you would have understood that I have cited that the media ignores this man. This is the reason I mention him, not to mention the fact that it relates to this topic. The information I received on Bout came to me not even 2 months after the 9/11 terror attacks in America.

From the very beginning of the so-called 'War on Terrorism' I had tried to keep up with the status of the offensive against the terrorists. I wanted to keep track of who they were and what was happening to them. I figured that if this 9/11 thing happened once it was bound to happen again.

You see, before this nation was plauged with this horror I was plagued with the worry of potential terror attacks. Believe it or not I had predicted events of this magnitude well before anyone else had suspected them to occur. What opened my eyes to this sense of danger was the first World Trade Center bombing. I thought that it was pretty shocking and not to mention outrageous that someone could just drive up to one of our most prized buildings and blow it up like that. No one else seemed to agree. Everyone else was just passive and forgetful on this matter. I on the other hand never forgot and I knew that in time those buildings would fall at the hands of terrorists.

It doesn't take a genius to tell that their intentions were to make the buildings fall and not to just damage them. So I always expected it to happen again. Not to mention I thought any other building was just as likely to be a target of their's as well.

So when September 11th came I was convinced that America was blind. Therefore I took it upon myself to have the eyes we so badly needed. So I started tracking these terrorists and recording all the info I could gather on them. Cause lets face it, someone had to do it and it was obvious that our government was not up for the job. So I took their place.

I started making lists of terrorists with their track records and ties to groups around the world. I have given up on that task due to the fact that it became a full time job that I had no time for it and no means of doing so with accuracy.

Anyways, along my search Victor Bout came up. Like I said earlier, the media ignores this man and I had better ways of getting my info then through Fox News and CNN. I started researching anti-terror groups because I wanted to work for them. I didn't really find any ways to do so, so I took on the task by myself.

I couldn't possibly tell you where I received my info on Bout from because I did this type of stuff everyday and cared not to keep record of all my sources, I just wanted whatever info they could provide me and then I moved on. The only thing I can suggest you do is to do what I did. Look up the anti-terror task forces and find out what they have to offer. That is what I did.

Unlike many others here I don't keep tally on EVERY SINGLE SOURCE I FIND. Life goes on, you know what I mean????

The only thing I can suggest is for you to try searching for him on search engines. And believe it our not I don't have some secret elitist news group or search engine with some sort of ordained knowledge on terror. I just followed the yellow brick road. You know what I mean. The only thing I can tell you is to do as I did. I haven't really gone on a crusade over this guy but I do understand the importance of his role. Because I understand his importance I sought out other ties to his nexus. Along my way I was lead to many roads and even more dead ends.

If you want to join me on this journey then by all means do so, but I cannot carry you along the way. You are going to have to put in some work too if you want results. That is the way these things go.

If I had a link I would try and prvide one, but even then I am too computer illiterate to even post a link so I couldn't give you results you need. Since I am reminded of him again I will futher seek out his name, but since the last time I was seeking his name I have been lead to many others and distracted by many other issues revolving around terrorism. I was especially distracted by the overwhelming amount of terror that occured in Israel in the year of 2002. So my crusades on Al-Quida were altered by that aspect.

Sorry if I cannot be of any help. I will once again seek out this man and will come back with any info I can. Those that help me in this mission will receive my thanks and praise. So let the search begin.

Any questions????

Abraham

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here's a link with some info. on Victor Bout.

www.ruudleeuw.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
sounds like a mission for triple x

Hahaha

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealFlight
Here's a link with some info. on Victor Bout.

www.ruudleeuw.com...

Thanks a lot for taking the time to search for info on this man. I am very grateful for your work in this matter. I have not had a chance to look him up yet and I will be busy throughout most of the day, but later on I will try to find some more stuff on him as well. I may even be able to find the original source I had found a few years ago. If anyone else can provide us with some sources on Victor in the mean time then that would be great.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ostend Airport arm's connection
Fatal Transactions
Victor Bout Issues Statement on Arms Trafficking Allegations
gangstersinc.tripod.com... a profile
(Victor Butt) Arms and Conflict in Africa

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Victor Bout........A little off topic,but what the hell
in "Gunrunners," unprecedented U.N. investigations have begun to unravel the mystery of these broken embargoes, many of them imposed on African countries involved in bloody civil wars. At the heart of this unfolding detective story is the identification of a group of East European arms merchants, with Victor Bout the first of them to be publicly and prominently identified. The U.N. investigative team pursued leads that a Mr. Bout [pronounced "butt" in Russian] was pouring small arms and ammunition into Angola, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and the Congo, making possible massacres on a scale that stunned the world.
www.pbs.org...
New York -- For the third year now the American special

services have been hunting the man who in Washington's opinion heads
the world's largest illegal arms trading

network. The Washington Post reports that the "king" of the criminal
arms trade is former Soviet Air Force Officer

Victor Bout. Investigators involved in his case call their quarry a
"lone wolf" because of his fondness for doing

without middlemen when concluding illegal arms deals.
www.nisat.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here you go got some other resources on this guy.

Link

In February 2002, Belgian authorities issued an international arrest warrant for Russian arms dealer Victor Bout on charges of money laundering and conspiracy. Days later, Bout - who allegedly also supplied weapons to the Taliban in Afghanistan - sauntered into the studios of a Moscow radio station a few blocks from the Kremlin to protest his innocence.

Link

The masked men fled with $6 million dollars in cash, but left paintings and expensive artifacts untouched. A message had been sent to Victor Bout.

Link

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have read up on the link on Victor Bout that Real Flight has provided. I haven't read it all because there is so much to read. It seems as if this trail goes on and on. There are many other people that are linked to him that need to be looked up on too as well. So this is going to take a long time. I would have to say that this may be one of the biggest tycoons in arms trafficing that the world has seen. The links this guy has are endless and one could read up on him for days. I still have not looked up info on him myself and probably won't do so until I am finished with the links and reads that others have so faithfully provided. I would like to thank everyone for their efforts and to keep up the good work.

If someone would like to start researching Bout's partner and owner of the Flying Dolphin, Sheik Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Saqr Al Nahyan then I think that would help us tie together some crucial pieces to this horrific puzzle. Once again I thank you all for your work into this matter.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
By Declan Walsh
20 June 2003

Lost property rarely comes as big as this. On a sleepy Sunday evening, a Boeing 727 suddenly fires its engines and jerks out of its space in the Angolan capital, Luanda. Shocked airtraffic controllers frantically radio the plane to call it back.

The pilot, a mystery man who boarded minutes earlier, ignores them. Roaring up the runway, the plane soars into the African night. Since then, as one American official put it, nobody has seen "hide nor hair" of the missing jet.

It could be a spectacular theft or simply a financial scam. But the disappearance of the aircraft almost four weeks ago has alarmed the US, which fears it could be used in an 11 September-style attack on American targets in Africa.

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Didn't they close the US embassy in Nairobi yesterday?

the war in Liberia is kicking off again at the moment, if ever there was a worthy case for US intervention it is Liberia today! i'll post up a couple of lonks tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join