It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Louisville hiring for Assistant Professor - Whites and Asians need not apply

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So apparently it's ok to discriminate against any race but Blacks Hispanics and Native American Indians - All in the name of diversity of course!

At the University of Louisville back in October, a job listing was posted that specifically excluded anyone not apart of the above mentioned groups for a Tenure Track position at a freaking state university. Of course the ad was yanked for them to save face, but it doesn't remove whats done. The University broke the law and should have the # sued out of them. It's pretty clear cut that the University violated the law by posting this job opening with the intent of it being filled "by an African American, Hispanic American or Native American Indian" Imagine the lawsuits if it instead said for the job to be filled "by a Non-Hispanic White American or Asian American". I'm sure BLM would be there in half a heartbeat demanding black only spaces, the President to be fired, enforced re-education of the entire student body and staff etc.

www.progressivestoday.com...
www.courier-journal.com...

This case pretty much exemplifies what "Affirmative Action" and Equal Employment Opportunity has become in America. I don't deny that it was needed immediately after the civil rights movement to enforce the laws, but, as with virtually everything that time period fought for, it has now went way above and beyond what the goals were. Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity laws and enforcement have went past fighting for equality straight to punishing White people (particularly White Males, born two generations after the fact who had absolutely nothing to do with what went on fifty years ago) because Democrats and Progressives need to justify their existence. They push for things that cannot be advanced with laws. Another example is the Feminist movement. It's true 50 years ago raping your wife wasn't techincally illegal and far to many women suffered. Then the feminist movement happened and laws were passed to protect them. Now, California has jumped into me and my girlfriends bedroom and every time me and her consume alcohol and have sex after a night out, I'm technically raping her. Forget the fact we've been together for 2 and a half years. Forget the fact that we've been living together happily for the last year and a half, IM RAPING HER GOD DAMMIT! This case here in University of Louisville is the same thing, except with the civil rights movement as it related to racism. Again, 50 years ago it was technically legal to discriminate against people because of race. But then the civil rights movement happened, laws were passed that barred the practice, in order for everyone to get an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. It's in the name for Christs sake, OPPORTUNITY. Everyone should have the OPPORTUNITY to compete for the same job based upon their merits. Now here we are where Opportunity is no longer the end goal. Instead of Equal Opportunity it has become Equal Results, Whites and Asians in particular be damned. If there is a shortage of African Americans, Indians or Hispanic Americans in the field of Astrophysics, the goal shouldn't be to bar Whites and Asians from the job, it should be pushing for the exposure of these sciences to those communities. Like it or not, sometimes certain people aren't interested in certain things. It's the same reason why the NBA is ridiculously Black. Where is the barring of Basketball Player positions on NBA teams to Blacks, to be filled by Whites and Hispanics? I'll give you the answer: Whites are much less interested in Basketball than Blacks. The answer wouldn't be to bar NBA positions to Black people, it should be the exposure to White people of Basketball more. The end result isn't where the problem needs to be addressed, it's the root of the problem. I could go on, but I'm creating a wall of text now.

It's cases like these that make me want to go into Law. If I Could just win the lottery and start a national law firm . . . . .

What are your thoughts ATS? Anyone want to try to justify this one?

And as always, keep it civil.
edit on 26-12-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You know what the opposite of diversity is?

University.....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, I do not know about suing the school as that only penalizes the tax payers of that state who had nothing to do with this posting. How about disciplining/terminating that moron who posted the job description?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
So apparently it's ok to discriminate against any race but Blacks Hispanics and Native American Indians - All in the name of diversity of course!

At the University of Louisville back in October, a job listing was posted that specifically excluded anyone not apart of the above mentioned groups for a Tenure Track position at a freaking state university. Of course the ad was yanked for them to save face, but it doesn't remove whats done. The University broke the law and should have the # sued out of them. It's pretty clear cut that the University violated the law by posting this job opening with the intent of it being filled "by an African American, Hispanic American or Native American Indian" Imagine the lawsuits if it instead said for the job to be filled "by a Non-Hispanic White American or Asian American". I'm sure BLM would be there in half a heartbeat demanding black only spaces, the President to be fired, enforced re-education of the entire student body and staff etc.

www.progressivestoday.com...
www.courier-journal.com...

This case pretty much exemplifies what "Affirmative Action" and Equal Employment Opportunity has become in America. I don't deny that it was needed immediately after the civil rights movement to enforce the laws, but, as with virtually everything that time period fought for, it has now went way above and beyond what the goals were. Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity laws and enforcement have went past fighting for equality straight to punishing White people (particularly White Males, born two generations after the fact who had absolutely nothing to do with what went on fifty years ago) because Democrats and Progressives need to justify their existence. They push for things that cannot be advanced with laws. Another example is the Feminist movement. It's true 50 years ago raping your wife wasn't techincally illegal and far to many women suffered. Then the feminist movement happened and laws were passed to protect them. Now, California has jumped into me and my girlfriends bedroom and every time me and her consume alcohol and have sex after a night out, I'm technically raping her. Forget the fact we've been together for 2 and a half years. Forget the fact that we've been living together happily for the last year and a half, IM RAPING HER GOD DAMMIT! This case here in University of Louisville is the same thing, except with the civil rights movement as it related to racism. Again, 50 years ago it was technically legal to discriminate against people because of race. But then the civil rights movement happened, laws were passed that barred the practice, in order for everyone to get an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. It's in the name for Christs sake, OPPORTUNITY. Everyone should have the OPPORTUNITY to compete for the same job based upon their merits. Now here we are where Opportunity is no longer the end goal. Instead of Equal Opportunity it has become Equal Results, Whites and Asians in particular be damned. If there is a shortage of African Americans, Indians or Hispanic Americans in the field of Astrophysics, the goal shouldn't be to bar Whites and Asians from the job, it should be pushing for the exposure of these sciences to those communities. Like it or not, sometimes certain people aren't interested in certain things. It's the same reason why the NBA is ridiculously Black. Where is the barring of Basketball Player positions on NBA teams to Blacks, to be filled by Whites and Hispanics? I'll give you the answer: Whites are much less interested in Basketball than Blacks. The answer wouldn't be to bar NBA positions to Black people, it should be the exposure to White people of Basketball more. The end result isn't where the problem needs to be addressed, it's the root of the problem. I could go on, but I'm creating a wall of text now.

It's cases like these that make me want to go into Law. If I Could just win the lottery and start a national law firm . . . . .

What are your thoughts ATS? Anyone want to try to justify this one?

And as always, keep it civil.

There is nothing sinister going on here. This falls under the minority provisions/guidelines put in place to give others a fair chance (much in the same way women owned business get cuts and tax breaks + other amnieties).

But hey, if it makes you mad

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Can't wait for the NBA to enact this policy for their players.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Black-Hispanic and Aborigens masonic followers are welcome!

Discriminate humans

edit on 26-12-2015 by iamslaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamslaro
Black-Hispanis and Aborigens masonic follwers are welcomed!

Discriminate humans

Hmmm. Thinking I may apply....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Can't wait for the NBA to enact this policy for their players.

The difference is the NBA is a private sports organization, it's a profiteering business, where as the University (although we all know they make profit) is a non-profit state sponsored education organization - notice STATE SPONSORED, and since the same state ( with consent of the people ) sponsored laws for women and minorities to take more initiative in acquiring services offered to them. You might wonder why the government would try to persuade people to use services, well it's simple really ~

The state requests funding for a certain cause, along with a detailed budget. Once this money is granted, it has to get spent, and the spending gets audited - which means that if the program/service does not attract clients, the state will receive less money and resources when they apply for more funding the following year.

And the bill was originally enacted as a means to not only provide equal opportunity for women in epmoloyment/business fields where infrastructure is sponsored by state (as is this university) - but also as a means of attempting to do something about the disproportionate crime rates and poverty happening in minority areas. This law was not made as a means to give away free money or jobs or anything of the sort - it was meant to enact positive change.

It's ashame that the media has shaped even the most awoken areas of society - because everyone is picking a side in this brewing race war now and it's having an impact on critical thinking abilities.

I wish it would

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

There is no rational justification. It's the pinnacle of hypocrisy. It's racist and sexist. It has no positive result.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Gotcha! So it's A-OK for the state to use my tax dollars to discriminate racially and along gender lines if they determine it's for the greater good?

Somehow, I think your attempts to rationalize this are a bit weak.

(post by tinner07 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I guess hiring the most qualified and able person for the job is racist.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You know, my younger brother is a bad ass SAR dude. he is white, like me. If anytime I needed a team to help me his would be it. They have been deployed to the pentagon on 9/11 and countless emergencies since then.

I remember him growing up in S. Cal.... I lived in Michigan. He did everything right. Our dad was firefighter, he was top cadet , my brother gave something to Ronald #in Reagan at the opening of his library but could not be hired as a fire fighter because no white guys would be hired.

Now he is still the bomb. Lt. He has a black man on their swift water rescue team that cannot swim.

every FF had to qualify for EMT.... none of the blacks passed so they stopped requiring it.

tell me again how affirmative action is good?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How is it okay to use skin color as a basis for making a hiring decision in 2015? This "university" is still living in the stone age. How is this legal?!?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

There is nothing sinister going on here. This falls under the minority provisions/guidelines put in place to give others a fair chance (much in the same way women owned business get cuts and tax breaks + other amnieties).

But hey, if it makes you mad

Racism is racism.

If a applicant can only get the job because of their race and would not be able to be able to compete against whites and Asians on their own merit the they shouldn’t get the bloody job!

There is no such thing as "positive" discrimination! Just discrimination!

edit on 26-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gotcha! So it's A-OK for the state to use my tax dollars to discriminate racially and along gender lines if they determine it's for the greater good?

Somehow, I think your attempts to rationalize this are a bit weak.

Yeah....but but....Slavery......Entitlement....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is what happens when you bring hundreds of thousands of slaves. Karma is a bitch. No amount of affirmative action will make up for this:

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thejeremybenthem

Yeah cause a white person has never been lashed. *rolls eyes*

The past is the past, go far enough and not a person alive today is without some kind of travesty in their ancestry. If we allow the past to define us, we can never move past it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Welcome one and all, to yet another administrative and political gaffe, projected into the limelight to control the masses.

Its damned atrocious, the wording and intent of the document involved with all this mess... However, its source is blatant as it could be, and that is the same source that places your congress and its aims, before the aims of the people.

Stand up together and ignore it. Take from it, its most advantageous weapon, and defeat it by so doing.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thejeremybenthem

Affirmative Action wasn't about any kind of retribution or revenge. It was about bringing about equal treatment and ending discrimination. When Affirmative Action becomes discriminatory in its own right, then it has outlived its usefulness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join