It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800 year old cell phone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good thing theres no circuitry inside, though. Dead give.

What if they found it was hollow and inside was circuitry but it was all stone too?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Must be a kids toy cell phone. Cause the real ones were way to expensive back then

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I believe this is one of the contest applicants from the photoshop site, worth1000.com

They do some good (and some not so good) photoshop stuff, and this frequently shows up here as people stumble upon second and third hand copies of the contest photomanips.

Usually it's giant skeletons.

In any case, this is a photomanip. If you bring it up in high detail, you can see the pixelated edges.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Leahn

Ok, can someone confirm this to be real?

Here is a question for you. What type of cellular coverage did they have 800 years ago? 4G? 3G? No G?

That's a bogus question intended to ridicule the discovery.

Is there a problem with ridiculing the ridiculous?
Should serious thought be wasted on such nonsense?
Well, not mine, anyway...

Time travel, like in the movies, is impossible.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

But you are travelling in time now.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Why on earth people fall for this type of hoax, rule of thumb a cell phone is complex technology made up of other complex technologies ,there would have to be numerous plants dealing with other technologies that goes into making a cell phone

You need all this and their supporting technologies and the technologies that supported those technologies that supports those technologies. all that in an age when people were burning sticks and animal fat as a main source of energy , do yourself a favor just bypass claims like these there are enough bogus and salted sites we have to sift through that can throw even expert researchers for a loop for decades, example Piltdown man.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Leahn

Yeah it is.
Expect more little leaks like this in the coming months. This. Is. Just. Bizarre.

The only good thing about me being alive in this time period is that I am at least beginning to witness something outer worldly. Shame I won't get to investigate though. This is my first time posting here in like at least 4 years.
Looking forward to the future
I guess

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Usually it's giant skeletons.

I love the giant skeletons, its always great to show a fundamentalist the actual source of his belief...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Leahn

Ok, can someone confirm this to be real?

Here is a question for you. What type of cellular coverage did they have 800 years ago? 4G? 3G? No G?

I'm sure it was G-string.
Remember that. A piece of string and two girls.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Thank goodness the pic did not come from one of our rovers on Mars.
It is a rock you know.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
Must be a kids toy cell phone. Cause the real ones were way to expensive back then

Imagine trying to buy a working stone cell phone on a goatherder's salary.
The children would have been eating mud cakes for 84 moons.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
geeze, what a brick

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe they wrote messages on the rocks, then threw them at whoever they wanted to talk to.

Thunk! "Can you hear me now?"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Leahn

It screams PHOTOSHOP!!!!...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Good thing theres no circuitry inside, though. Dead give.

What if they found it was hollow and inside was circuitry but it was all stone too?

Well, chips are "all stone" at the bottom of it. But circuitry of any kind requires trace pathways that need insulting so there has to be a non metallic component like plastic.

Or I'd say a cell phone had been dropped into a cave by a tourist where limestone deposits precipitated inside it. Like a stalagmite. Sometimes the claims are made of cave discoveries that have mining tools embedded in deposits of calcite or coal.

Mostly fakes…

Edit: Like Byrd pointed out^^^
edit on 27-12-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Dammit, no signal!

Looks like it could be the world's first selfie.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well, chips are "all stone" at the bottom of it. But circuitry of any kind requires trace pathways that need insulting so there has to be a non metallic component like plastic.

My post was a joke in what if the thing was a complete replica inside and out, but all stone..hehe

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My post was a joke in what if the thing was a complete replica inside and out, but all stone..hehe

I know, I was trying to reflect off it.

Was it Merlin that prophesied about cell phones?

From AD 600, paraphrased:

"At that time shall a man standing on the shore of England speak instantly to a man standing on the shore of France through a speaking stone…"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now it all makes sense!!! After the aliens (the ancient ones) left having created humans from apes/cavemen the humans gained knowledge. All the way through to Atlantis where the first cell tower arose. All the people became addicted to GruntBook and Flitter and neglected their work and their lives. Some even fell off cliffs staring at their communication devices. Eventually, it was the death of the first human race.

But we came back...and in 2012 when the beginning of the end began, cell phones really took off, bypassing desktops for website visits and more. And here we are again...about to die off due to cell phones, their convenience and our laziness.

It's a sign I tell you! A SIGN!!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: namelesss
But you are travelling in time now.

Usually, when I mention how 'time travel' is not possible, I substantiate the statement by the inclusion of "like in the movies'; some machine into which you climb and physically transport you to some temporal destination!

Even the claim that I am 'traveling in time' can readily be disputed, scientifically, philosophically.
What you call 'traveling in time', I call unique momentary Perspectives of the One (UNCHANGING, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!
That is as 'close' to 'traveling in time' that we can come, the imaginary appearance thereof!

Every moment of existence exists Now!

"The Laws of Nature are not rules controlling the metamorphosis of what is, into what will be. They are descriptions of patterns that exist, all at once... " - Genius; the Life and Science of Richard Feynman
All 'eternity' at once; Here! Now!!

There is only one moment (Planck moment; 10^-43/sec; "almost" one billion trillion trillion trillionths of a second!!!) of the entirety of existence/Reality/the Universe!
All existence, ever, is one, literally, 'timeless' moment!
Now!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join