It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-right Israeli leader wants to expel Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, most American Christians constantly claim that Israel is our greatest ally and we must give them lots of money and help defend them. Apparently they're not such a great ally after all, though many of us who aren't blinded by religious mythology knew that already. No Christmas allowed in the birthplace of Christ? Not if this guy gets his way. Oh the irony! I wonder if this will make anyone re-evaluate their beliefs? After all can anyone name anything that Israel has ever done for America?

www.salon.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So what is this mans position in the Israeli government?

Or is he just an Israeli that is head of a private group of people and has absolutely no say in the policies of Israel?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, most American Christians constantly claim that Israel is our greatest ally and we must give them lots of money and help defend them. Apparently they're not such a great ally after all, though many of us who aren't blinded by religious mythology knew that already. No Christmas allowed in the birthplace of Christ? Not if this guy gets his way. Oh the irony! I wonder if this will make anyone re-evaluate their beliefs? After all can anyone name anything that Israel has ever done for America?

www.salon.com...[/quote ]

Read the subtitle: "Benzion Gopstein, head of hate group Lehava, said Christians are "vampires and blood suckers."

Note that he is the head of a "hate group" and has no official standing in the government. Bad people know no boundaries.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So what is this mans position in the Israeli government?

Or is he just an Israeli that is head of a private group of people and has absolutely no say in the policies of Israel?

Well he is the leader of a group that used to - but does not anymore - receive not directly but indirectly support in som unspecified form in an unspecified quantity from an unspecified part of the government.

So clearly he is a powerful man and clearly he speaks on behalf of the entire nation.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

YES...I must now re-evaluate my beliefs now that some nutty guy somewhere in the Israeli gov. hates Christians.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Used to. But not anymore. So he is no longer powerful. Oh and unknown means and quantity of support. Meaning it could have been next to nothing. Nothing I'd worry about basing off the information you provided...

This is actually a reply to the OP.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
Unlike others, I actually read the article. This man is a bit more than a "used to be" or a wannabe. He still holds some sway, and seems to have some support from those who would never admit to supporting him, if I'm reading the gist of the article correctly. Especially when it comes to miscegenation.

I find it interesting that you only mentioned the Christian persecution in the article, but fail to mention he has no love for Muslims either. Christians aren't being singled out. This guy hates everyone who doesn't agree with him equally it seems.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another fascist person who has chosen the 'mammon' instead of Jesus.

Its good to see people showing their true colours now.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, most American Christians constantly claim that Israel is our greatest ally and we must give them lots of money and help defend them. Apparently they're not such a great ally after all, though many of us who aren't blinded by religious

Read the subtitle: "Benzion Gopstein, head of hate group Lehava, said Christians are "vampires and blood suckers."
Note that he is the head of a "hate group" and has no official standing in the government. Bad people know no boundaries.

" Despite its violent extremism and a recent crackdown by authorities in the country, nevertheless, Lehava has ties to the Israeli government."

" Haaretz noted that, in 2011, Israeli lawmaker Tzipi Hotovely — a prominent member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s right-wing Likud party, who now serves as Israel’s deputy foreign minister — invited Gopstein to testify in Israel’s parliament, the Knesset. Gopstein warned lawmakers about miscegenation, and called for them to bring “more talk against assimilation into the schools.”

This cretin may not hold a title within the Israeli Government, but much like the U.S. Individuals that have the ear of Government do sway policy.

www.adalah.org... - 5O Discriminatory Laws Database.

I hold a deep abiding revulsion toward the actions of the Israeli Government. Beginning with the attack on the USS Liberty and their continued influence on OUR Governments Foreign Policy.
www.newsweek.com...

Common courtesy dictates polite behavior that shows RESPECT. The U.S GIVES the Israeli Government Billions per year and they laugh at our stupidity.

But Israel is our ally. REALLY ? ( "One Nation that is in helpful association with another " )

Does this imply I hate Jews ? Of course not ! My college girlfriend was Jewish.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

Wow. You dated a Jewish girl in college? What was it like?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: DupontDeux

Used to. But not anymore. So he is no longer powerful. Oh and unknown means and quantity of support. Meaning it could have been next to nothing. Nothing I'd worry about basing off the information you provided...

This is actually a reply to the OP.

You are trying too hard to reject an opinion or stance, but you haven't done any research on behalf of your own grounds.

It's common knowledge in Israel that Jews consider Christians "Fallen Jews".

You can read some of the history and tension here www.ifamericansknew.org...

Secondly, many Palestinians are actually Christian, and are being oppressed by the Jews who consider them fallen and unworthy as well.

Christian Palestinians who are citizens of Israel suffer from the same widespread official and unofficial discrimination that other non-Jews do, in everything from land ownership and housing to employment and family reunification rights.
There are more than 50 laws that discriminate against Palestinian citizens of Israel, directly or indirectly, based solely on their ethnicity, rendering them second- or third-class citizens in their own homeland.

93% of the land in Israel is owned either by the state or by quasi-governmental agencies, such as the Jewish National Fund, that discriminate against non-Jews. Palestinian citizens of Israel, including Christians, face significant legal obstacles in gaining access to this land for agriculture, residence, or commercial development.

In the occupied territories, Palestinian Christians suffer from the same discriminatory regime and restrictions, including on movement, applied to all Palestinians living under Israel's nearly 47-year-old military rule. These restrictions do not apply to the more than 500,000 Jewish settlers living in illegal settlements in the occupied territories.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: dazbog

Wow. You dated a Jewish girl in college? What was it like?

You'll know it when you experience it. : )

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A small group of people don't like Christians, really.
This small group amongst millions want to oust Christians from Israel

Don't you think you are making a rather big deal out of nothing, sensationalizing a small group of people.

You give these people more exposure than they deserve

new topics

top topics

join