It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An outsiders questions on US gun control.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And again, you misunderstand.

When I talk about their influence, I am talking about reasons THEY might have to also mistrust government ... just like those of us you are talking to, whom you do not understand, not about anything with pro or anti-immigration arguments. *facepalm*

edit on 26-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Lighten up Francis. You asked why, and we are telling you. If you cannot accept the explanation, then your search for knowledge and understanding is disingenuous.

As I said, you cannot understand, isn't that obvious sir?

So your answer is becuse and things that happened a long time ago justifies it then?

Why francis? that is not my name?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And again, you misunderstand.

When I talk about their influence, I am talking about reasons THEY might have to also mistrust government ... just like those of us you are talking to, whom you do not understand, not about anything with pro or anti-immigration arguments. *facepalm*

But who are they in capital letters?

And why the social media facepalm in inverted comma's at the end?

Can we not do better than that?

Really with the facepalm thingy? is that not what idiots do to show distain or is that all you deem me worthy of?

I do not mind either way, it would be nice to know.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Lighten up Francis. You asked why, and we are telling you. If you cannot accept the explanation, then your search for knowledge and understanding is disingenuous.

As I said, you cannot understand, isn't that obvious sir?

So your answer is becuse and things that happened a long time ago justifies it then?

Why francis? that is not my name?

It is the background of why American's hold the 2nd amendment so dear and defend it so vociferously. One aspect of that amendment allows us to CHOOSE to carry a firearm in public. Isn't that the crux of your OP? WE have tried to answer it, yet it does seem like you are now openly ignoring our explanations, and making light of our history.
These are the actions and behaviors of someone trolling and trying to get a "rise" out of ATS members. This is against the T&C's that we ll agreed to uphold.

As for the "Lighten up Francis" remark, it is a quote from a Hollywood film, Stripes. Essentially, it means lighten up because I am not impressed by your false bravado and fake posturing.

NOTE: I noticed in another thread you openly admitted you owe lots of money yet refuse to pay, and even recommended another ATS member run from the responsibility.
Needing help with financial trouble, anyone got any advice?

I understand your inability to grasp our explanations now. Seems you are not one to follow the law or respect others.

This is my last post in this thread...as I only see it as trolling and dishonest discussion from this point forward form a person that cannot grasp the concept of responsibility. In effect, that is why you cannot understand our need to defend our rights, as they are responsibilities we consider important enough to defend.

Just

edit on 12/26/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/26/2015 by Krakatoa because: added link to thread I referenced

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Look, if you used to live in a former Soviet Bloc country with the kind of government they had and you come to a new country, do you just forget about the many and varied abuses a government can visit upon you when you give up your rights to it? When it takes your rights from you and oppresses you?

So why on earth would you think those people would come here and then be perfectly content to forget the hard lessons they had lived with about what governments can do when they hold all the power over you, and turn around and hand another government all that power they had come here to have for themselves?

Come here to have liberty and end up having it all back to government?

THAT is the influence I am talking about.

Why wouldn't you expect those people to be suspicious of government and pass that on to their descendants just like the original colonists did?

edit on 26-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Look, if you used to live in a former Soviet Bloc country with the kind of government they had and you come to a new country, do you just forget about the many and varied abuses a government can visit upon you when you give up your rights to it? When it takes your rights from you and oppresses you?

So why on earth would you think those people would come here and then be perfectly content to forget the hard lessons they had lived with about what governments can do when they hold all the power over you, and turn around and hand another government all that power they had come here to have for themselves?

Come here to have liberty and end up having it all back to government?

THAT is the influence I am talking about.

Why wouldn't you expect those people to be suspicious of government and pass that on to their descendants just like the original colonists did?

So who came from the soviet union? was it you and you moved to the US? sorry but I am at a loss here and appologise if so??

Here in the UK we have a massive population from former soviet nations and they all seem pretty fine just getting on with life in the UK.

None of them seem particularly upset although when drunk they do seem to talk about how it was back in the day but on the whole they seem pretty chipper?

Who or what are these "soviet bloc" types to which you are referreing to?
edit on 26/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Bottom line, it's no ones business what's under my clothes. I have a permit, I carry and no one would ever know it unless I was forced to defend myself.
edit on 26-12-2015 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chefc14
Bottom line, it's no ones business what's under my clothes.

And that I really do not understand.

Not even a little bit but god speed to you sir/madam.

Edit: gotta love that, 5 years on ats, 234 posts but that has to be no.235.
edit on 26/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Dude.

I object to being prevented from walking around the British Isles with a broadsword on my back, a pair of dirks on my hips, and metal mail fists on my hands.

Can you imagine how much worse it would be for someone who only wants to carry a cute little gun around with them?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To have a strong country, one has to put God first, family second, and country last. That said, to help protect each other from muggers, gangs and any other crazies out in public, there must be a good guy with a gun, ready to fight the bad guy with the gun. Otherwise, no one would want to leave their homes. Lest we forget these ISIS thugs, be they from Syria or the CIA...they will be looking for sheep ready for slaughter, but shall find wolves in sheeps clothing.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I perfectly understand wanting a gun in your own home for protection and having a cache stashed for the upcoming civil war but how does carrying a loaded weapon in a shopping mall or pizza joint benifit your society?

Who said it was to benefit society? Constitutional rights are individual rights. They are not communal/civil privileges.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I perfectly understand wanting a gun in your own home for protection and having a cache stashed for the upcoming civil war but how does carrying a loaded weapon in a shopping mall or pizza joint benifit your society?

There's an old saying, and armed populace is a safe populace. If you look at the statistics, the vast majority of the armed crimes that take place here in the states take place in towns or areas where they are "gun free zones".

Chicago and Washington D.C. come to mind.

I lived in the D.C. area for 25 years. D.C.'s laws are draconic vs gun ownership that even if you are driving from gun friendly point A to gun friendly point B through Washington D.C. with a weapon locked and secured in your trunk, it is still a violation of the law and can land you in serious trouble.

Yet D.C. has ridiculous murder rates involving guns

I can feel the heat now...but, I could care less.

I always thought that too, its just like a criminal to think, the next place to steal from.... Hmmm? That town down the road is a very 'no guns' zone, we will go steal from there and maybe shoot considering we are no risk of being shot. Simple math really isnt it.

Guns should be owned and kept safe ready for use, as lets be honest. Where are the police when you 'really' need them.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Minutes away when seconds count.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
would any of you swap gun for this?

Chicago-based startup Salt has launched a crowdfunding campaign for a less-than-lethal weapon designed as an alternative to firearms for home and personal protection. The pneumatic pistol is designed to stop intruders using an incapacitating powder that temporarily blinds them while drastically lessening the possibility of family members being killed in an accident.

or wouldn't this be enough.. if it is not enough then why do you think so

www.gizmag.com...

Edit: sorry they don't make these anymore.. plus sorry for my crapy spelling jez that was bad
edit on 27-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
what any of you swap gun for this?

Chicago-based startup Salt has launched a crowdfunding campaign for a less-than-lethal weapon designed as an alternative to firearms for home and personal protection. The pneumatic pistol is designed to stop intruders using an incapacitating powder that temporarily blinds them while drastically lessening the possibility of family members being killed in an accident.

or still good enough.. if no why?

Will this device be tested on a crack-head (or other heavy drug user, such as PCP) high on that drug that makes them have stronger than normal reactions to non-lethal means? It has been proven repeatedly that tazers (the current non-lethal solution to incapacitate) are not 100% effective in those cases.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/27/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I am not sure what your reply meant

but never mind someone made them go off market they are giving back refunds apparently they didn't pass safety check

but please expand on your answer if you want to (if not .. someone will explain what u said to me so u don't need to reply)

www.gizmag.com...
edit on 27-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

what any of you swap gun for this?

or still good enough.. if no why?

I'd love that! In Canada here, so many restrictions about using a gun, even in self defence in the home. It would be nice to have defence that wouldn't land us in jail.
Crime is up in Alberta this year, I'd like something besides big dogs....crazy thing is that home invasions are usually done by small groups, one person with a gun is almost useless if it's not sitting loaded by your side. We have strict storage laws, the guns are all locked up, in a combination type safe.
I like that Canada doesn't have concealed carry without good regulations, but our home defence laws need a lot of changes.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

I am not sure what your reply meant

but never mind someone made them go off market they are giving back refunds apparently they didn't pass safety check

but please expand on your answer if you want to (someone will explain what u said to me so u don't need to reply)

Basically, it has been proven that people who are high on certain substances do not respond to non-lethal force the same way that non-high people do. So the poster was asking if the non-lethal device in question has been tested against people wigging out on things like bath salts (you know that stuff that makes people want to gnaw off other people's faces), PCP, crack, meth, etc., and did it show the same stopping power that it has shown on people who aren't high out of their minds?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

The home invasion thing is why people here in the states are so against magazine size laws. Not only are you sometimes facing more than one person in your home, but sometimes it takes more than just one shot to put an intruder down.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join