It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS choir beats X factor and beiber to uk Christmas number 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The UKs NHS choir beats beiber to Christmas number one.

Now I know the cynical will say it was PR ploy by beiber, but it was still a good gesture to ask his fans to buy the NHS choirs song to get to number one instead of his own. It was great to see the support that exists for one of our biggest public services who work tirelessly all year with no pay rise for nurses in over 3 years. I have spent the last year in hospital with surgeries and treatment so it was just good to see a bit of a change from the usual X factor winners song. I'm sure I've personally used up any profits made from the song already, but I will one day make it up one way or another when I can. My family owes this institution my life so excuse me for the gushing thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Another lovely post today to join so many good ones. ty
The song is so nice. It is a breath of fresh air to see posts like this.

edit on 26-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Omg I can't beliber I will say this but good on Justin
As a person also saved by a special NHS baby unit as a child I better go out and buy it.
Any bit helps.
If any government said to me right 5p more tax just for the nhs I would agree any time.
edit on 26-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reminds me of this one

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Had to stop it.
Cried

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: reldra

Had to stop it.
Cried

Yes, good on Justin! And the one I put up is difficult to get through.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hats off to Beiber for asking his fans to support the record.

Thumbs up to the choir for their efforts and for bringing a bit of good publicity to the NHS.

Thumbs down to the government who want to run it into the ground and privatise it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Omg I can't beliber I will say this but good on Justin
As a person also saved by a special NHS baby unit as a child I better go out and buy it.
Any bit helps.
If any government said to me right 5p more tax just for the nhs I would agree any time.

The problem with that is the way medicine is going they would need another 5p tax, then another and another and soon your tax is £500 more. And that will likley not be enough, because as medical science makes progress the costs get higher and higher.

NHS in its current form is not unstainable in the long term.

No one is saying go to a US system but there are better healthcare systems that provide universal healthcare we may need to look at.

I can in 50 years time see people in Japan or France living to 200 in good health and with 90% of cancers easily treated and us in the UK still stuck with life expectancies in the 90's, mediocre cancer survival rates and none existent social care because the costs of new treatments are sky high .
edit on 26-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Hats off to Beiber for asking his fans to support the record.

Thumbs up to the choir for their efforts and for bringing a bit of good publicity to the NHS.

Thumbs down to the government who want to run it into the ground and privatise it.

Not sure anyone actually knows that the proceeds don't go to the NHS, they go to medical related charities.

NHS privatisation has risen by approximately 2% since labour were in government, but it's always a good soundbite to use isn't it?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Not sure anyone actually knows that the proceeds don't go to the NHS, they go to medical related charities.

I'd rather the money went to charities , it's a charity record.

NHS privatisation has risen by approximately 2% since labour were in government, but it's always a good soundbite to use isn't it?

That was under a coalition government , we now have a Tory government so I'd expect those figures to rise.

edit on 27-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join