It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unanswerable question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gflyg
I guess I'm scaling it down to the size of my room with the wall's being the 13.77 billion light year sphere I can see if I'm floating in the middle of my room as if it were space. I guess seeing my wall's as the gas from the early universe. If that gas came from a bang. Trying to envision that sphere I see as a flat plane on a balloon is really hard

I think what you really need is to read a book on the subject. I'm not trying to be condescending, but it doesn't sound like you fully grasp what you are talking about. If you had the ability to see all galaxies exactly as they are today, you would not see many young galaxies at all, unless they were the results of mergers. But remember, from where we are, we do not see galaxies as they are right now, we see them as they were millions to billions of years ago because the light takes a while to reach us.

Every time you look into the sky, you are looking into the past. The further away the object is, the older the source of light is so for the galaxies that are really far away, we see them as they were, not as they are. Everything is expanding, and the expansion is accelerating, so it makes sense from the earth's perspective that everything is moving away from everything. The balloon analogy was perfect. The only thing is that you have to account for gravity as well. Gravity is the reason that our local galaxy cluster is merging into one. They are gravitationally locked, but if you compare our cluster to other clusters out there, we are definitely expanding away from the others. They can tell because of redshift.
edit on 12 28 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here is a selection of short videos that explain some of what is being discussed here.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gflyg
I guess I'm scaling it down to the size of my room with the wall's being the 13.77 billion light year sphere I can see if I'm floating in the middle of my room as if it were space. I guess seeing my wall's as the gas from the early universe. If that gas came from a bang. Trying to envision that sphere I see as a flat plane on a balloon is really hard.

My thought is why you are so involved with the conundrums of the physical making of these multi-universes/galaxies instead of how they came to manifest in the first place?

<< 1  2   >>

join