It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fiction handwaving just got real with the world’s first biologically powered chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Snippet:

Readers familiar with 3Jane, Moya, or Locutus of Borg may have wondered about the architectural implications of technology that bridges such disparate systems. How do you go from a biological organism, with its irregularity and its fluid bath, to the silicon paradigm? How does Moya initiate starburst? Researchers at Columbia Engineering have begun to articulate the link between electricity and biology, and their work has implications for medicine, sci-fi, and everything in between.
SOURCE: Extreem Tech

Yes folks a CMOS chip powered by ATP like a biological system. Think BORG Implants, or Moya powering up for a Star Burst. This little step in that direction just got real. We may see a blending of machine, electronics, and living organisms sooner than you might expect. Merry Christmas from science.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is really cool, and I hope it can be useful for humanity and all forms of life found throughout the world. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
This is really cool, and I hope it can be useful for humanity and all forms of life found throughout the world. Thanks for sharing!

I bet its already being shared with white mice, the rats of NIMH and chimps. Ohh, let us not forget the little roaches. I am not sure how "useful" it is to these critters though:

How to assimilate a cockroach into the Borg Collective!

I can picture it right now, torturing the poor little roach,

"We are Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile". Very futile for Robo Roach.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join