It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Issac Newton Vs The Vatican

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
How silly can you get. Work of fiction does not mean, it cannot contain radical truths

That's true. However, a work of fiction is just that. Fiction. Fiction allows facts to be stretched and even made up in order to suit the plot.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

How silly can you get. Work of fiction does not mean, it cannot contain radical truths

That's true. However, a work of fiction is just that. Fiction. Fiction allows facts to be stretched and even made up in order to suit the plot.
Just google' issac newton vs the church vatican' . You will see what I am talking about

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
Gosh your thread is the only thing that comes up which has bearing on your claim.

Can you provide a link which shows that Newton confronted the Vatican or that:

Newton had to endure the wrath of the Church till his dying days, simply because he formulated some laws of gravitation oor was delving into the nature or cause of gravity.

edit on 12/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Well stated.
I also add that the fool character was also written to physically look like the pope.

Talk about poking the bear!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Gosh your thread is the only thing that comes up which has bearing on your claim.

Newton had to endure the wrath of the Church till his dying days, simply because he formulated some laws of gravitation oor was delving into the nature or cause of gravity.
Its not my claim, but a claim made in the movie. watch the movie.
for links google is your friend.
though in recent times, it is a well known fact that, the Vatican had told Stephen hawking, not to enquire into the big bang

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

OK, then it's easy. The movie is fiction and the claim is fiction.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The movie and book are fictional, but perhaps it was a reference to Newton's original calculations of the moon/earth mass ratio. Newton later revised those calculations, but not before Edmond Halley used them as a basis for his hollow earth theory. Since there have been some theories that the Garden of Eden was actually inside of a hollow earth, maybe that's where the vatican comes in.

^^Or something like that, I am working from memory here.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

OK, then it's easy. The movie is fiction and the claim is fiction.
No not necessarily. Did you google like I told you to?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I didn't say it was your claim. I asked this:

for links google is your friend.
The search you suggested provided nothing. Can you provide a specific link?

it is a well known fact that, the Vatican had told Stephen hawking, not to enquire into the big bang
Ah. And I suppose Hawking will now endure the wrath of the Vatican.

Hawking quoted the pope as saying, "It's OK to study the universe and where it began. But we should not inquire into the beginning itself because that was the moment of creation and the work of God."

The scientist then joked that he was glad John Paul did not realize that he had presented a paper at the conference suggesting how the universe began.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See, I could find a link about that. I can't find one about the Vatican having any interaction with Newton, much less subjecting him to their wrath. So, unless you can provide a link it would seem that, if that claim does appear in the movie, it is without merit.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Without merit? Not necessarily. You are only posting without having watched the movie. The movie also claims, The Pope attended Newton's Funeral.
While it is easy for shills to have links handy, I found this with bing answers.yahoo.com...
Besides I watched a BBC documentary on tv a few years ago, where Newton ( actor ) says something to the effect, I will make no attempt to describe the cause of gravity. so it seems gravity has been a taboo subject all along. I have asked several phd's in unis about gravity or anti gravity and they raise their hands sayin, sorry not my subject.
a reply to: Phage

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I found this with bing
And?
I rather liked this response:

(Four thumbs-up for the person who doesn't know the difference between Newton and Galileo...amazing...the above answers are definitely going in my "Idiots of R&S" file.)
answers.yahoo.com...

The movie also claims, The Pope attended Newton's Funeral.
I really don't care what a movie claims.
I just watched a movie which claims that Han Solo was killed by his son.

edit on 12/28/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20195541]Phage

The movie also claims, The Pope attended Newton's Funeral.
I really don't care what a movie claims.
I just watched a movie which claims that Han Solo was killed by his son.
Lol, who cares what you care about

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join