It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian reformists cannot be stopped...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The students and other intellectualists of Iran are going to win this war against the corruptors of humanity. Against those religious fanatics who corrupt the civil order of men and women as we know it. If we allow the religious freaks to win this battle then we will have given up on true freedom and justice.

It is my opinion that the US and other freedom loving nations should take the position against these high cabinet officals that control the religious system in Iran. If the Iranian government puts down this rebellion then the world as we know it is offically corrupt and full of fools.

So what can we do to help them???

What should we do???

When and why will we do it???

These are questions that we must pose to our leaders. To ignore this situation is criminal in my opinion. Just imagine if the intellectuals win. That would mean that the Iranian people went from extreme radical religious fanatism to rational idealism in just under 25 years. To me that is amazing. This would be a victory for humanity and for the will of Allah and his teachings.

What does everyone else have to say about this???

Abraham

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The youngs Iranians are now in the Teheran streets and demonstrations against the actual Iranians Gov are running in the country.

Backing them is an obligation but I doubt our gov will help them.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Both the previous posts are excellent and right on. The "government" of Iran is backing Islamic terrorism and probably Hamas, Al Queda, et al.

But they do have a democratic movement and I hope we (United States and its allies) help it along. The Islamic countries are beginning to realize that there is an alternative to the Fundamentalist way of government. They can have a democratic government and abide by Islam and also be tolerate of other religions, even other religous sects within Islam.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The history of American foreign policy is like a rollercoaster.It darts between Isolationism and Interventionism.The rest of the world just wonders when it will settle down.

This particular story about student protests over privatising university education in a democratic country would not normally cause any consternation,however,the democratic country in question is Iran and some elements of the US Administration appear to want to ratchet up tension further in the region.

This story doesn't even feature on the BBC Teletext.

Similar protest are happening over in Britain.I don't hear the hawks crying for intervention here.

1 million took to the streets of London to protest against the Iraq war.Didn't hear you defending my democratic rights then either.

If the USA are going to attack Iran then that is their problem.The other "Freedom Loving Nations" won't be with you I'm afraid.You see they still haven't legally justified your last junket to their populations.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What are you talking about???

Since when do democratic countries have political prisoners???

Some one please explain to me how Iran is a democratic country.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
What are you talking about???

Since when do democratic countries have political prisoners???

Some one please explain to me how Iran is a democratic country.

Iran is NOT a democratic country. It is a fundementalist country with Islamic laws, governing it. Hopefully the Bush Administration will actually do something smart and support the students. Unfortunately though, I think this has a small chance of happening.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If supporting the students is a good thing, why would Bush be unsure about supporting them? How would the U.S. support them and what are the good and bad things about supporting them?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They can be stopped very, very easily. Don't be under any illusion about that.

A regime that has held power with an iron fist for almost 25 years is in a position to stop a few student demonstrations if it wants.

The problem that the Iranian government now has is that it can't be seen beating down the first stirrings of democracy in today's political climate.

Militarily though, the students are outgunned and can easily be outmanouvered. Give it a week or two and the situation should become clearer, but at the moment I don't see a fullscale revolution in the works.

The government still has full control of the army and it's highly doubtful whether they would disobey any direct order to quell any uprising in the near future.

I see this more as a relaxation of the law by the ayatollahs. It's probably been done to offer some sort of appeasement to those who see Iran as being the next target on the list.

It will be very interesting to see just how far these demonstrators can push before the regime decides enough is enough.

top topics

join