It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali Minister: No Ban on Christmas, New Year's Parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.hiiraan.com...

A Somali government minister said there is no ban on Christmas and New Year's Day celebrations in the country, contrary to earlier reports. The minister of religious affairs, Abdikadir Sheekh Ali Ibrahim, told VOA's Somali service Thursday that the director of his ministry announced a ban at the urging of religious scholars, who warned Christmas or New Year's parties could be targeted by al-Shabab militants.

Looks like there isn't a war on Christmas in Somali and they weren't banning it because of Sharia Law, they're doing it to protect Christians from the terrorists who are actively seeking out and killing them. There is a war on Christians but at the hands of terrorists, not Islam.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is that just a PC excuse? I mean which story is correct?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Why does everything gotta be PC these days?

Well, this is straight from the nations govt who was accused of banning Xmas because of Sharia Law. Is it hard to believe western news outlets didn't get their facts straight?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"A Somali government minister"

Definitely 100% credible.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You rock

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's funny what you consider credible and what you don't. If it swings all the way to the Right, it's totally credible, everything else isn't.

But honestly, the fact you don't buy this is ignorant. That terror group is targeting and killing Christians, as seen in my thread here Kenyan Muslims shield Christians in Mandera bus attack, and the Somalian gov't is doing what they can to protect Christians. But since that doesn't fit into the narrative that Islam is bad and Sharia Law is taking over the world people like yourself refuse to believe anything else.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Only credible when it paints all muslims in a bad light isn't it?.
Just got a Xmas kiss under the mistletoe...from a very lovely Yorkshire lass who happens to be muslim.
I think I'm in there

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's it exactly. They didn't question anything when they were told Sharia Law banned Xmas...

Good luck

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL ... not as credible as this typical no-information post though, amirite?

Got facts?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

" xuenchen doesnt believe everything he is told - but what he does believe supports his confirmation bias "

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well, that makes sense if true.

But I think it is up to Christians to decide if it is worth the risk or not and not for the government to blanket ban it.

Countries and groups like Al Shabab need get over this kind of nonsense. Jesus is am important prophet in Islam and they should welcome the opportunity to celebrate the day - it is mostly a non Christian even here in the west now anyway. I'd be more than happy to have a holiday for Eid even though I'm not Muslim nor ever want to be.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The current regime in Somalia is allied to Kenya and the USA, Al Shabab is likened to ISIL and Boko Haram in it's targeting and killing of Christians, what sense would it make in pissing off it's allies who are battling the same enemy, I find it likely that they were trying to find a way to avoid having soft targets, if a credible threat on soft targets say like countdown celebrations in Big cities in the USA and the govt still allowed for business as usual would that not be plain incompetence?? come on Xuenchen do better, or is the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join