It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 billion light-years in diameter and only 13.7 billion years old????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Why would the expansion of the universe need to abide by the laws of physics within the universe?

question is is the universe truly expanding. or are the bodies just moving apart in an ever-large container of sorts. in this light.. the edge will simply be relative to the radius of light travelling towards us. over time this radius will increase.. naturally because there was always more there, but light just didnt include us in that radius yet.

let me try to clarify...

they say its 90 billion light years in diameter.. and example of what im proposing.. is that RIGHT NOW.. there are bodies existing up to 140billion light years away. we just cant see them.. yet. so our border is currently theoretically set at 90 because light hasnt reached us from the further regions yet. making the limitations set by light a restriction or border within this universe. we have to wait until light allows us to see.
edit on 25-12-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This explains it quite well.....

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
It's all a fake, a hologram, the entire "universe." It's the most intricate simulation that will ever be observed. It only exits because we can observe it.

The real question is why are we here and how can we escape it.

Let's say, for arguments sake you're right, what would be the point of such a grand deception? Why not just have a vast expanse of nothing as far as the eye can see, what better way to discourage our race from expanding beyond our little blue ball?

I still like the theory that we, as a race were so war like that other races wantes us destroyed but, rather than commiting genocide on us, we were banished to this backwater galaxy until we learn to stop being aggressive little twats...
edit on 25/12/15 by djz3ro because: I used the wrong "you're"

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
This explains it quite well.....

www.space.com...

im just saying.. according to this article. the bible was perfectly accurate in its prediction of the start of the universe.

but i have a question. is what theyre saying that darkmatter was also a product of the big bang? because it sure seems that way. and that my friends is an issue. darkness of nothing exists always and does not need an observer. where there is nothing there is darkness. this is why the displacement theory is rubbish. the universe isnt churning out dark matter. it's churning out matter and light. Dark energy, was always there.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: John333

so the matter moved at regular.. matter moving speeds. it only covered such large distances because darkmater is manifesting between solar systems and galaxies right?

That is not at all what I said. "Dark matter" is completely irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

so the matter moved at regular.. matter moving speeds. it only covered such large distances because darkmater is manifesting between solar systems and galaxies right?

That is not at all what I said. "Dark matter" is completely irrelevant.

im sorry but according to these words

"it experienced an incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded faster than the speed of light."

that is what i gather.

what do they mean by "space itself"? arent they talking here about dark matter? what is space? isnt space the absence of any detectable mass? id appreciate if u could clear this up for me.

from what im seeing.. the bollocks was sewn in here to justify the displacement theory. by that wording i dont know how anyone can disagree with me.. it seems to say that "space was being manifested.. expanding. space doesnt do that.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Okay, how big is big. How old is old. We place finite limits on these concepts because we can only see so far. Well then thats as far as it goes then isn't it?

Except if you imagine for a moment stretching out your hand past the moon the sun the galaxies, as far as we can see…

…there is no barrier out there for your hand to bump up against… and if so, whats beyond that?

The Universe is infinitely big, that means it goes on forever, and if thats true then it has always been there and if thats true then it has had an infinity to develop life and said life is pretty much everywhere it can exist.

They put the darkest patch of sky into Hubble's eyepiece and looked as far as they could. Except for a few stars in this pic known as the Hubble Deep Field, all the objects herein are galaxies. If you could put a Hubble on the farthest one of these galaxies and look still further, guess what you'd see, in every direction?

Another Deep Field.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In my opinion the universe both "is" and "isn't" at the same time. Space is black because we are inside of something...a spirit....In order for there to be opposites, gravity, electricity, creation, etc it means that it must exist at some level in space. Space seems/ might be infinite because it's a spirit and that spirit possesses the potential energy for anything to exist under the right conditions.

My 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
If the universe started with a Big Bang then that started at the center (in theory). The observable edge is 46bn ly. That would make it roughly 23bn ly from center. Big Bang happened 13.7bn years ago.

According to the theory, there is no "center" in which the Big Bang occurred. The Big bang was not an explosion of stuff "in" space. Rather, it was an expansion of space itself. That expansion happened everywhere in space simultaneously, so there is no "center" of that expansion. The big bang happened everywhere.

Consider the surface of a balloon as being the universe (not the volume, but the surface). Sure, the balloon surface is only 2D and the universe has 3 spatial dimensions (it's not 2D), but it works as an analogy. When a balloon is inflated and the surface expands, it all expands evenly over the entire surface -- there is no center of that surface. The same may be true for the expansion of space.

Additionally, the Big Bang theory speaks of an inflation of the universe that happened in the first few milliseconds after the Big Bang. In that time of inflation, the fabric of space (i.e., all of space itself) is thought to have expanded much faster than the speed of light, so that's how the universe can be larger in light years than its age would allow, if it was only allowed to expand at the speed of light. There was no such limit on expansion in the early universe.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

"it experienced an incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded faster than the speed of light."

That is one possible interpretation for that data which suggests a period of rapid inflation early in the universe's history. Dark matter is simply an hypothetical form of matter and is generally accepted as explaining why spiral galaxies retain their structure. You may be confusing it with "dark energy," which is an unknown quantity that mysteriously explains why the rate of expansion of the universe appears to be increasing over time. It is contemporary astrophysics' equivalent of saying: "Let's throw a constant into the equation and call it done."

In order to understand how it is possible for something to be 13 billion years old, but 26 billion light years across, you have to understand that space curves through time. Two points that are "next" to each other in "time" can be very distant from one another if you travel the long way, through "space."

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: John333
i could go on but there are ppl with multi billion dollar labs and funding that shouldve been able to complete it without me telling them. for all you know u are speaking to a future nobel laureate.

I suspect it would not be for literature.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Why not just have a vast expanse of nothing as far as the eye can see, what better way to discourage our race from expanding beyond our little blue ball?

So this would be the same for religion...... and god.......

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Okay, how big is big. How old is old. We place finite limits on these concepts because we can only see so far. Well then thats as far as it goes then isn't it?

Except if you imagine for a moment stretching out your hand past the moon the sun the galaxies, as far as we can see…

…there is no barrier out there for your hand to bump up against… and if so, whats beyond that?

The Universe is infinitely big, that means it goes on forever, and if thats true then it has always been there and if thats true then it has had an infinity to develop life and said life is pretty much everywhere it can exist.

They put the darkest patch of sky into Hubble's eyepiece and looked as far as they could. Except for a few stars in this pic known as the Hubble Deep Field, all the objects herein are galaxies. If you could put a Hubble on the farthest one of these galaxies and look still further, guess what you'd see, in every direction?

Another Deep Field.

i havent changed an iota of my words for all the years ive been saying these things. the edge of the universe is something i have solved. and i know everytime i say that on a forum ppl will think to themselves.. hes a delusional. he's mad.. or whatever.. but ill keep posting it. and it will come to be proven as it always does. i know what im talking about.

the border to the universe is like donkeykong. too far left is right and too far east is west. u end up where u began without changing direction. the paradoxical puzzle in the cyclical nature of design of this universe. if we could reach the physical edge.. the spaceship would not be bumping into a brick wall. it could bump into a radiation field that too much to penetrate. we might sent probes and adventurers and none will come back and we'd get no data from it. essentially. all our scouting efforts will fail and every party will die who ventures into the field. then even, supposing we can penetrate and develop technology to travel within the field indefinitely so that our ships do not become destroyed by it along with our bodies.. what then? we could meet another much more menacing barrier of sorts.

now i say, the most menacing of these.. is no barrier. tho menacing may not be the best word in this case. challenging is more like it. in this case, the barrier, is hidden in perception. because light is subject to manipulation by gravitation. thus we must defeat gravitation to "See" exactly what is in front of us without filters. graitation, in sufficient amounts, will cause light, and matter to bend and conform to a perception that is one way for those INSIDE THE BARRIER(and Under it's effects), which is different to those looking on from outside the barrier. The relative observer effect is present.

essentially. we cannot travel forward or backward.. we must travel up. but we cannot travel up, or down. or east or west because we'll always "donkeykong" our way back to the starting point on the screen. and this is not a 2-d puzzle. it's a 3d puzzle. so.. in this case.. the answer.. the way out.. is THROUGH.

THROUGH CENTER!

Not Outward. But Inward!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well a good theory is in the first millisecond the universe became infinite but matter simply expanded. Today it is expanding in a stabilized state of just under the speed of light to be at about 92 billion light years, now what all that matter did in the first few milliseconds who knows.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love all these declarative statements by posters telling us all, "THIS is the way it is!"

Thanks so much. I guess we can all go home now.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I love all these declarative statements by posters telling us all, "THIS is the way it is!"

But then we have like 4 or 6 different universe, I'll add one more...God is faster than light, done .hehe

edit on 25-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Based soley on my own unscientific opinion, I believe our Universe is but a really tiny speck of light in the real Universe that lies far beyond the reaches of our present and future telescopes around Sol.

Imagine this frame shot of a firework in the night sky represents a simplified version of our Universe (as we know it today). From a single source, the firework, springs forth many smaller sparks(suns), that in time will burn out.

Image Source

This would represent the outer limits of what we can detect with our telescopes.

If we could pull out from this area of the 'night sky' it is my firm belief that what we would now see is this.

Image Source

Instead of a solitary 'Big Bang' we now see countless 'Big Bangs' all residing in the SAME Universe, only now it is much larger by many magnitudes.

Since the distances of these other 'Big Bangs' are astronomically far from our known Universe, light from most of them has not yet reached our known Universe, or is so weak from the nearby light sources in our known Universe that our telescopes are unable as yet to percieve them.

It could be a matter of waiting until we can visit the outer limits of our known Universe where light polution is minimal and setting up an extremely powerful telescope on a remote planet somewhere and try looking out into the darkness for a distant light source! But of course this could take us millions or perhaps billions of years to achieve, assuming of course we dont blow ourselves out of existance in the meantime.

edit on 25/12/2015 by Freelancer because: couple of fixes to post spellings etc

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
The Big Bang is a Hoax.

The Universe has no shape.

Creation happens on a quantum level. It's a cocktail of Plasma, Ether, Hydrogen, and Dust particles.

Thought expands the Universe. The Universe was never "born", it is REFINED. The materials were always there.

The Soup of Chaos.

The material was always there??

Really? Therefore existence is infinite, as is time?

Gee, now your on a par with the 'God' argument.....always there...
edit on 25-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

well i dont know about the other guys but i interpret biblical and other religious scripts which demonstrate scientific accuracy. i then cross reference both with an ancient mystic key to the universe for truth. from that i can weigh any assumptions science makes and determine if they are founded or unfounded, biased corrupted.

now i know how that sounds, but brother there isnt another way for me to say it.

with this key i can predict scientific discovery. i can predict behaviours based on present data in any field of science. telling whether a theory is founded on eternal facts of design of this universe is easy.

i can tell u things like elements of the holographic universe theory are accurate. that a slowing of oscillations possibly from another hyper-existent universe is what leads to the formation of matter in this one. not in planets necessarily.. but in particles. and that the displacement observed in space, is pretty much an attribute of the ever and omnipresent force of life. a living force that permeates everything and isnt separated from anything within this universe. it's always moving, but its always in the same place.. Everywhere! that displacement is what the electrons and photons run on. particles are ready to me manifested at any given place at any given moment. frequency and field generation determine the presentation that is observed. all depending on the perspective of the particular observer.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

originally posted by: djz3ro
Why not just have a vast expanse of nothing as far as the eye can see, what better way to discourage our race from expanding beyond our little blue ball?

So this would be the same for religion...... and god.......

Exactly, the only difference is they get write their 'Bible' as they go along.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join