It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Phage

I think a lesbian and a straight woman would be WAY more comfortable with each other. I mean... some people would be ok with it but I feel the vast majority would be uncomfortable.

I don't think women, even young girls, would be uncomfortable if they have factual knowledge of transgender.

I think they'd be curious, but not uncomfortable specifically for that reason.

A lot has to do with their upbringing. Like I've said, my mom was physically disabled. We belonged to a disabled group. The disabilities varied. Some were pretty weird. But, you learn people are people, not their physical bodies.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

well this subject is very complicated and I feel the only way to make any progress is to fully carter to the trans communities needs. Which, i feel might be private facilities but i dunno

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, but you have a potential to damage these people by putting them in these situations at a young age. Even "normal" people are damaged by immature people during grade school.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Which, i feel might be private facilities but i dunno

I'm not sure isolation is helpful for anyone. That's pretty much what this is about.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Exactly. As I have stated multiple times, the issue here is not the teens themselves, it is their parents and the society that has raised them. Sexuality, Race, Appearance-based discrimination are primarily a cultural issue. While biologically we do have a predisposition to be frightened and wary of the 'other', the level it is taken to (KKK-style) is not a result of genetics.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Yes, but you have a potential to damage these people by putting them in these situations at a young age. Even "normal" people are damaged by immature people during grade school.

Uh, bullies are damaging. I'd but the "media girls" in the bully category.

Understanding Transgender and that sexuality is very diverse, "all shades of gray", as some say --- is healthy IMO.

I'm almost 70. I came from the era of sexual suppression, "Men are men, and women are women". What a load of bull pucky.

edit on 27-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The question is do we hear about females identifying as males in male restrooms... I think we already know the answer

This was published in the Daily Mail today.

Transgender pupil, eight, in battle with primary school for recognition after being told: 'You can't be called a boy, you're a girl'

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

This was shown in a large study on naturist children. They had far less insecurities about body image compared to non-naturists.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator

This was shown in a large study on naturist children. They had far less insecurities about body image compared to non-naturists.

We are natural beings.

Sexual hang ups are mostly manmade ideology.

And I'm not saying all man influenced/created ideologies are bad or wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If they grow up only understanding transgender as perversion, they're not really that important of a person due to the natural level of hypocrisy they will inevitably bring the the world with their victim complexes.

Nothing about your statement acknowledges that a Trans person wouldn't already be, being damaged and uncomfortable by the situation ANYWAY.

The issue is that they would prefer privacy, but republicans can't get their head out of their asses and stop treating them #ty long enough to listen to them. This is why they're ignored and thrown into a locker room, and a massive story covers the obvious disaster to something that shouldn't haven been done anyway, in the FIRST PLACE. Trans DID ask for private rooms BEFORE for changing, this isn't NEW.

Boyhood locker room stories should have been enough damage to stop this, but your agenda needs a little more of a liberal target to start the life-destroying process of a people only seeking freedom to change their #ing clothes behind a door.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Some additional food for thought:

Here is a direct download link to a 68 page PDF from the Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, GenderSpectrum and other organizations with guidelines that are being used in schools across the country. Google the title if you want more sources. When I do, the first hit is from the National Education Association.

Schools in Transition: A Guide for Supporting Transgender Students in K-12 Schools

As Phage pointed out on the previous page, the 6 girls are not complaining about showering and nudity. Maybe folks should go back and have another read of the article linked in the OP: Students Protest Transgender Invasion of Privacy -- Keep in mind this is a conservative right-wing website that siteslike.com ranks with sites like therightscoop.com, redstate.com, rightbias.com, rightwingnews.com, etc.

Further down in the article, the D(istrict) 211 Parents for Privacy group is mentioned which gives credence to the previous suggestion about who is behind all of this. The article also makes mention this whole brouhaha has taken the discussion concerning Student A and turned into a general debate on transgender issues as a whole.

With this gaining national attention, do not be surprised to see anti-LGBT hate groups weigh in as they did as shown in my thread Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

originally posted by: TheBulk
No the real issue is that they're not girls or boys just because they take hormones and put on a dress.

This is true! But transgender girls and boys are just like other girls and boys. From the Association for Psychological Science: Transgender Kids Show Consistent Gender Identity Across Measures

edit on 12/27/2015 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Oh so you know so much about me that you know what I want and what I THINK is right? Please go rant somewhere else and debate rather then preach to me.

I'm not a republican just because I don't agree with everything you say
edit on 27-12-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Your assumption that I was talking about you was just as blatantly ignorant anyway. Do I think you're republican? I don't remember saying that.

I was replying to you stating the obvious; that people were being damaged, but pointing out you shouldn't forget it's both sides.

The last comment about the republican agenda, wasn't directly pointed at you either, while I did say 'your', I was more or less referring to the 'people on the right' not you(who believe the girls rights matter. They do).

I also don't really think you disagree with everything I say, and that whole statement is moronic, as you try to clear a side for yourself, in this fight I'm not having with you.

There are some simple facts about this situation. This is discrimination purely from the amount of focus placed on Trans.
-These same factors, apply with Gay and Lesbian, while boy locker rooms have their own bad stories that are true. There is nothing to disagree with in that, but there is a distinct lack of THOSE people being prosecuted about it publicly.

At this point, a 'straight normal' person should have EVERY right to have the same privacy for a private dressing space if they desire, and the fact trans is being ignored still is beyond a legitimate excuse.

edit on 27-12-2015 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is what the small minded imagine and are scared of

This is reality

You have no reason to fear us, we are everywhere around you and you don't know most times. We are sitting next to you on the subway or bus, we live in your neighborhood perhaps down the street, you probably have friends who have us as relatives, we are everywhere do not fear us we mean you no harm.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

You are operating on an emotional level. Please apply logic.

A boy who thinks he's a girl but still has a penis does not belong in the girls' locker room.

Ok.. I had to respond to this. You are relgious correct? OK. Using LOGIC and being relgious is VERY hard to do. BEcause Science always proclaims that MIracles are impossible. Such as Jesus walking on water and other works.

Im a babtist myself and also Gender dysphoric as well. Men disgust me btw.(i am male so i disgust myself too) So i might have a different opinion on this subject.
You were raised old school i take it. Your parents raised you as they were raised. its not your fault you are of your mindset. I think the girls are over reacting here,but teenagers arent mentally stable are they? AN di think you migh tbe letting your emotions intrude on your own view.

A funny thing about nature. There are Gay acting animals in nature. its a part of naturally defined population control. So if by using logic we evolved from apes correct? a GASP animal that has been observed to act gay as well. SO its not Un natural its a part of NAture to control the populations. Rather smart of God to design it that way huh?
Sometimes people arent meant to mate,because their offspring would be deformed or flawed.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I am not religious. I'm a Deist. I believe something created everything, then sat back and is watching the show.

I am a woman.
edit on 12/28/15 by 123143 because: FORGOT A WORD.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I am not religious. I'm a Deist. I believe something created everything, then sat back and is watching the show.

I am a woman.

If you're a Deist, and believe God set it all up for us to handle ourselves ---- I don't understand your issue with Transgender.

We are ALL mutations from the first human. Evolution has "stirred the pot" giving us variations. We are not clones.

Throw all the ingredients in a pot and stir. You're gonna get differences in every batch.

There are a lot of things science doesn't have "black & white" answers for, but they know it happens. Science now knows that sexuality is far more complex then male-female gender and that it's a natural process.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You are free to believe whatever you like.

I intentionally did not use the word "God". I only recognize that something more technically advanced than me designed the world I live in, not necessarily a god.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

BEcause Science always proclaims that MIracles are impossible.

It does? I must have missed the proclamation.

But I agree - homosexuality and transgenderism are very natural. Sexuality is not as black and white as penis and vagina.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You are free to believe whatever you like.

I intentionally did not use the word "God". I only recognize that something more technically advanced than me designed the world I live in, not necessarily a god.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

I know what a Deist is. Whether you use the title God or not.

Magic? What? You do know he was a writer, right?

You probably should research his 3 laws and what they really mean.

Clarke's first law When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Clarke's second law The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Clarke's third law Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Third law

The Third Law is the best known and most widely cited, and appears in Clarke's 1973 revision of "Hazards of Prophecy: The Failure of Imagination". It echoes a statement in a 1942 story by Leigh Brackett: "Witchcraft to the ignorant, ... simple science to the learned".[2] An earlier example of this sentiment may be found in Wild Talents (1932) by the author Charles Fort, where he makes the statement: "...a performance that may some day be considered understandable, but that, in these primitive times, so transcends what is said to be the known that it is what I mean by magic."

edit on 28-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join