It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So, after reading the article again.

* the school provided a privacy curtain on a private shower stall in the girls locker room for the transgender student.

* the "media girls" are not concerned about seeing the privates of transgender student, but concerned about transgender student seeing them.

Is that right?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's correct, Annee.

What this all boils down to is that the transgender girl is not being thought of and accepted as a girl and is being reduced down to a body part. Do I need to post more pictures? Go back to page 14 and look again. These are not boys playing dress-up or boys that "think" they are girls -- they ARE girls.

That's the real issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The question is do we hear about females identifying as males in male restrooms... I think we already know the answer

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Its really that simple huh.... So as long as one student feels accepted, all good?

You do know that trans gendered women aren't restricted to being gay right?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

That's correct, Annee.

What this all boils down to is that the transgender girl is not being thought of and accepted as a girl and is being reduced down to a body part. Do I need to post more pictures? Go back to page 14 and look again. These are not boys playing dress-up or boys that "think" they are girls -- they ARE girls.

That's the real issue.

Well than I remove myself from this discussion because that is stupid of them to think that.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That trans* (and other non-conforming) gender identities exist and are not purely pathological is and has been an accepted medical and scientific fact for some time ...

American Medical Association (AMA)

American Psychological Association (APA)

Et. al. (Be glad to provide more if needed for actual discussion.)

This constant opinionated nonsense that trans* people are always merely delusional or perverted grows ever more trite.

Give everyone privacy in shower and bathroom situations. Period.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That's correct, Annee.

That's the real issue.

So, they are uncomfortable that a m/f transgender, who still has male body parts, is going to look at them?

But, no media circus that they are dressing and undressing openly with lesbians.

It's ignorance and mental gymnastics.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The question is do we hear about females identifying as males in male restrooms... I think we already know the answer

Do we? Maybe you can share what you think the answer is and we'll see if everybody already knows it?

You do know that trans gendered women aren't restricted to being gay right?

Say what? I think you meant to say "straight" instead of gay? If a trans woman was gay, how is that any different for these 6 uncomfortable girls than being looked at by a lesbian? I'm sure there are lesbians in the girls locker room already but no body is complaining that their gaze makes anyone uncomfortable.

Annee, it is mental gymnastics being played with a political football.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I did the open group shower in high school. I didn't care. I had no nude body hang up. Most didn't.

It was the ones singling themselves out, by acting weird, self conscious, prudish that made people look at them.

Get over it. You're just showering and changing clothes.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So everyone should get private showers in highschool? Or maybe we should just let all genders shower together?

So a person born male but identifies as female but is still attracted to women should be able to shower with women? I'm not quite sure about that.
edit on 27-12-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So everyone should get private showers in highschool? Or maybe we should just let all genders shower together?
Right now, with this particular situation, showering doesn't seem to come into it.

So a person born male but identifies as female but is still attracted to women should be able to shower with women? I'm not quite sure about that.
Is that different from a lesbian being able to shower with women?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Say what? I think you meant to say "straight" instead of gay? If a trans woman was gay, how is that any different for these 6 uncomfortable girls than being looked at by a lesbian? I'm sure there are lesbians in the girls locker room already but no body is complaining that their gaze makes anyone uncomfortable.

The big difference is the genitalia part. A lesbian in a shower room creep staring would make lots of people uncomfortable. hell, no body should stare in a shower

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Transgenders are like everyone else. Their sexual orientation varies. They can be heterosexual, homosexual, or bi-sexual.

Transgenders are not their body parts.

link   

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

I think a lesbian and a straight woman would be WAY more comfortable with each other. I mean... some people would be ok with it but I feel the vast majority would be uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's correct, Annee.

That's the real issue.

No the real issue is that they're not girls or boys just because they take hormones and put on a dress.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Transgenders are like everyone else. Their sexual orientation varies. They can be heterosexual, homosexual, or bi-sexual.

Transgenders are not their body parts.

I agree

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think a lesbian and a straight woman would be WAY more comfortable with each other.
I'm not a woman, I wouldn't know. But why would the lesbian be uncomfortable?

I mean... some people would be ok with it but I feel the vast majority would be uncomfortable.

Yes. And a good number of people are uncomfortable when nude in front of anyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you're saying the majority of straight women would be ok fully naked in front of a fully nude transwoman? All i'm saying is that you're asking for trouble when you put different genitalia in private areas, no pun intended

edit on 27-12-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So you're saying the majority of straight women would be ok fully naked in front of a fully nude transwoman?
No. I'm actually saying that going by what the majority wants is not the way it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join