It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
snotty at the right time kiss , again look at these cdn.trinixy.ru... beauties , their kind-hearted eyes and faces , they can not lead you to the abyss , they have made a breakthrough in love as paracelsus in medicine , thanks to them thousands your children will get guardians teachers neighbors friends perverts
edit on 26/12/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mangust69
That's a real strong incentive to click a link.
No thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Is there something wrong with 'having a thing' about penises?

Is there something right about it?

Serious question

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It seems really hard to believe there are enough Trans students, to need their own areas,

and that this couldn't be easily be accommodated with the Staff/Teacher bathrooms that probably exist also.

If someone does have the time in the day, to take a Number 2 in privacy, changing our clothes isn't an issue,

and while all the students might not feel comfortable changing with their trans peers, I'm sure the trans peers are no more comfortable and would probably prefer dressing privately anyway.

Whoever decided to disallow them to change privately is the real issue. Something that like should be obvious, and not found out until you throw the trans into a locker room. Tbh, it's a right anyone should have.

But that kind of decision making is clearly the product of the right wing parents, that probably continue to expose(and planned) their kid's story, for anti-gay/lesbian/trans reasons, and raised their children so diligently in the belief that others seeking freedom, are probably trying to secretly sabotage your own.

The girls clearly complained because a misguided thought, of perversion, about the trans. Uncomfortable that a Male is seeing them, shows their misunderstanding of the situation. They should get over themselves, and their undeveloped bodies. It's basically pathetic and petty of them to address the uncomfortably of the trans, in the same manner as a peeping tom, and not immediately get shut down for discrimination and prejudice.

This story is nothing more than propaganda in my eyes, mainly because only Morons would have issues like this in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
We are living in a time of victims. A time where the majority are bending over backwards to accommodate the few.

That, my friend, is called "democracy". Others might know it as "tolerance".

Your OP makes me quite sick too, but not because I feel any (not even vaguely) sympathy for these girls and their far-fetched "problem". What they do is vile, it evil, to treat another young woman like that. To me, this is rape and it should be treated as such.

If their problem is they don't like to undress near other girls there is is simple solution: install cabins. We have them here in every swimming pool. If their problem is they don't like transgender people they clearly don't understand what it must be to be born in the wrong body - and then, after much pain and misery, when you finally have a body that matches your soul - being expelled by your own sex. That is sickening, it is.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Some young girls expressed their feelings while acknowledging the fact they don't understand and you equated that to rape? I read nothing that showed hatred only expressions of personal feelings against the decision. reply to: ForteanOrg

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: drivers1492
Some young girls expressed their feelings while acknowledging the fact they don't understand and you equated that to rape? I read nothing that showed hatred only expressions of personal feelings against the decision. reply to: ForteanOrg

It's exactly that you fail to see why this is rape that makes is even more sickening. Girls expressed their feelings - about WHAT exactly? Either they are girls that don't like to undress in a group of girls - or they are girls that aren't willing to accept one of the girls. To me, it's clear it's the latter. They aren't willing to accept this girl as one of them. So they set up this charade in which they pretend to be hurt themselves because they don't like to undress in the vicinity of that other girl. Do you have ANY idea what it means to a young girl when all other girls in her class seek the attention of the media to demonstrate how SHE is the problem?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: nullafides
We are living in a time of victims. A time where the majority are bending over backwards to accommodate the few.

That, my friend, is called "democracy". Others might know it as "tolerance".

Your OP makes me quite sick too, but not because I feel any (not even vaguely) sympathy for these girls and their far-fetched "problem". What they do is vile, it evil, to treat another young woman like that. To me, this is rape and it should be treated as such.

If their problem is they don't like to undress near other girls there is is simple solution: install cabins. We have them here in every swimming pool. If their problem is they don't like transgender people they clearly don't understand what it must be to be born in the wrong body - and then, after much pain and misery, when you finally have a body that matches your soul - being expelled by your own sex. That is sickening, it is.

This is the same level of cognitive dissonance at work in the abortion argument.

We can tell people that a child in the uterus is just a clump of cells, not alive, not worthy of any protection or mourning, and perfectly OK for the woman in question to discard without a second thought and no one should think twice about it on the one hand. One the other hand, we can pass laws that will charge a murderer with two deaths if the same woman is murdered when she is still pregnant or if she is put in a situation that causes her to lose her baby, she can sue for wrongful death.

Either the baby is alive and worthy of legal protection or it isn't, but in our society, we are told to treat it both ways.

This is similar. In most any situation, subjecting unwilling girls to the body of a naked man or boy is a crime. It's indecent exposure at the very least and carries with it legal penalties. It may even carry registry on the sex offender list. The girls would be perfectly justified in their negative feelings and society would back them to the hilt. But because of the psychology of the naked male body in question, these girls are being told their impulses here are suddenly wrong and bad. And society is protecting the person who in every other instance in society would be the offender against the girls who in every other instance would be victims.

But we are busy trying to blame them for a perfectly normal impulse. Psychology is NOT a visible thing, and these girls are acting off of normal cultural and biological impulses. In every other instance they'd be defended. I imagine they feel pretty betrayed right now.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have no idea since I have never been a young girl. So I'm at a disadvantage just like the girls raising their concerns. I'm assuming that you may consider their issues with the arrangements as invalid or illegitimate? I fail to see how students bringing their concerns forward puts them in that category. If their reasons are because the person is transgendered that doesn't invalidate their stance. I personally find it odd people want a blanket acceptance and automatically label others who speak against it as discriminatory. It's a very hard concept for people to understand or relate to. (I'm referring to transgender) I don't understand it and like the article states neither do the girls. I don't see how they could have expressed it better than they did. However it could have easily been expressed much worse.
a reply to: ForteanOrg

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Let me see if I understand you...At the end of it all it sounds like you think it is acceptable to put the burden of the awkwardness on the boys based on the fact that the Trans-girl has the same equipment? You do realize the boys will be just as freaked by the situation and well boys being boys the Trans-girl is more at risk for harassment/violence in the boys room than the amount of threat or danger she presents to the girls.

Do not try to deny what we all know, that "boys being boys" are more overtly aggressive and violent than girls. How many times have we seen the star quarterback gets away with rape stories? I can tell you this the Trans girl is far more likely to be sexually assaulted in the boys room than the girls are with the Trans girl with them, that doesn't matter though does it? Girls are more manipulative and catty, they do their damage from the shadows with whispers and we all know that was already happening anyway. If you deny this then you are either completely naive or just lying to suit your purpose.

I've seen some of your post's and attitude in regard to Trans-folk: very biased, small minded and one sided but I'm sure you will come back at me with your typical one sided view. Lets start talking about compromises and resolutions as opposed to just bashing one side or the other.

a reply to: ketsuko
edit on 27-12-2015 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

My compromise is that the trans person should have their own facility until full transition is made.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Fair enough I'm good with that. What I'm not sure about is whether the school had established a separate area within the girls locker room and that is the problem or the Trans student still felt alienated and pushed for more. If in the case of a provided area and the other girls have a problem I say tough you can't see her and she can't see you deal with it. Now if it is a case of the Trans student pushing for more I say tough you were provided with an area now use it and move on.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsukoBut we are busy trying to blame them for a perfectly normal impulse. Psychology is NOT a visible thing, and these girls are acting off of normal cultural and biological impulses. In every other instance they'd be defended. I imagine they feel pretty betrayed right now.

It's not a perfectly normal impulse to reject one of your classmates up to the point that you seek media attention to do so. If they find it difficult to cope with the misfortune of others, they'd better grow up: many have physical and mental problems. The last thing they need is being reminded of their misfortune by the lucky ones. The other has not choosen to be handicapped, born in the wrong body, stupid or ugly. But is a human nevertheless and so is entitled to dignity and respect.

Not to being publicly raped by a vile chorus of soft, but sharp voices.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Interesting that this is the same Cook County where the recent story about accommodations for transgender prisoners was very recently making headlines. I'm sure it's a coincidence

They would explain why, at 15 and 16 years old, changing alongside biological women is already hard enough. “It is unfair to infringe upon the rights of others to accommodate one person,” the six girls, in a joint statement, told an audience of at least 500.

It is already hard enough for some girls (and boys). Then again - not hard at all for others. Or does everybody not remember that part?

I have no doubt that there are other girls in that same locker room that could give a rats ass. In the grander scheme of things - they're whining about how their needs are more important than the rights of all humans - not just this one transgender girl

That's one way of looking at it. This is a democracy (sorta) so I'm sure it seems like the needs of the many should outweigh the needs (and the rights) of the few

Human rights don't work that way. At least not in a society that has agreed to defend them. I'm beginning to have my doubts about all that lately - but, whatever...

In case you're interested:
One Colorado school district has become a model in instilling acceptance and understanding for transgender youth.
edit on 12/27/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

My compromise is that the trans person should have their own facility until full transition is made.

Which is an insult.

If you want to treat all equal, do so. Either you have one large room in which all dress and undress - boys, girls, from whatever faith or conviction - or you install cabins in which one person can dress and undress. Given the fact that many are completely uncomfortable with their own bodies, most feel their bodies aren't really that beautiful, many have wrongly been taught by religious zealots to hide their bodies etc. etc. - the best thing to do is ditch the shared dressing rooms and replace them with a series of cabins, fit for all.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The school had provided a complete and separate facility. This was rejected. Then they put up curtains around just the shower, but this is still causing friction because there is more privacy required for all parties than simply blocking off one shower cubicle.

The girls aren't comfortable being naked. As they say and I well remember, it's already bad enough having to be naked in front of other girls.

Ask yourself, do you like having parade yourself naked in front someone of the appropriate gender identity that they could be among the pool of potential partners? It's kind of creepy and uncomfortable no matter how hard you try to tell yourself it's nothing.

I only ever managed to achieve that level of physical indifference after years of heavy athletic training where I was finally able to view my body as a tool more than a sexual instrument. These girls aren't there.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

So, you've pretty much just admitted that this is really all about what you consider to be an offensive body part?

There's no actual threat here - you just don't want this body part in the same room with these girls?

By the way - it's not your compromise to make

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: drivers1492It's a very hard concept for people to understand or relate to. (I'm referring to transgender)

So is blindness, deafness, being deformed, being stup, being "gifted", being ugly, being (very) pretty, being black, red, yellow, white or pale-green.. well being just not average. Still, nobody seeks the attention of the press to explain that they don't want the ugly girl to undress in front of them. But they do if it's a transgender. Sick.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Perhaps they could have brought their issues to light in a way that excluded the press I can agree with that. Possibly an amicable resolution could have been found. reply to: ForteanOrg

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I only ever managed to achieve that level of physical indifference after years of heavy athletic training where I was finally able to view my body as a tool more than a sexual instrument. These girls aren't there.

This seems a little sad to me ketsuko

These girls I hope never get to that point

That sexuality should be so controversial...it absolutely boggles my mind. Kids in this country are simultaneously told that sex appeal is everything, but also degrading, sinful - dangerous - wrong

Their bodies are a personal landmine

What if instead we teach kids to view their bodies not as something bad, but instead that their bodies are natural?

Just natural. Athletic, useful, sexual - natural

edit on 12/27/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: words...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join