It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: How do you interpret Revelation 21:8?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Do you actually believe that Christians, especially those of us who study it, don't know that the Holy Bible is compilation of 66 books?

That is pretty assuming on your part.

God's word says "ALL thy words are true from beginning to end. From Genesis to Revelation. anyone who doubts that has no faith that God is able to preserve his words to us today, and in esse4nce he cannot do anything he promises in any his book of 66 volumes.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Where does it say "from Genesis to revelation"?

And a book that claims itself to be true is usually not so much

edit on 30-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

the Bible is very clear on a number of issues that pertain to life and godliness.

Any one who believes that it is not clear, with levels of understanding and all allegorical deny's that fact that God inspired his word to be read by men who are not scholars and still know it.

Even the Pharisees recognized that.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It God's book, not mine or yours.

He enclosed his book from Genesis to Revelation when he put a warning not to add or take away in Duet, when he had Moses right the first five books. He had King David add a similar Warning in Psalms, and then he had John add a similar warning when He completed it in Revelation 22. This is his divine knot that seals his book and nothing more can be added and nothing can be taken from it.

Taking away from it is what you suggest we do.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No i suggest you take it as you will... Just as i say believe what you will

You do know those "warnings" pertain to the book their contained in right?

Of course, just as the passage in timothy only applies to the OT, you are going to believe what you've been taught

I find it amusing that christians always scream context, yet only apply it when they choose to

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
The clarification on some of these traits also seems a bit lacking.

For instance:

~ what exactly is a murderer? Is a soldier that fights for his country a murderer? Is a police officer who shoots a thief a murderer?

~ what exactly is immoral sex? If a man has sex with a woman, but they are 50 years apart, is that immoral? If the woman is under the age of consent in the country (but certainly not in biblical times), and the man is far older, making it pedophilia, is that immoral?

~ What exactly describes an 'unbeliever'? There are over 40,000+ denominations in Christianity, it's pretty evident no one really knows how to believe in Yahweh correctly, are 39,999+ denominations incorrect, and hell-bound?

The vagueness of it all is pretty evidently non-divine if you ask me.

if you want to know the Biblical definitions of these words , I have a simple solution for you. You go to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible and look these words up.....you'll find your answer. I'll look up one for you......murderers....Greek word is phoneus....criminal or intentional homicide.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Those three verse are connected by God's divine cross reference that he inspired and it pertains not just to the book they are written but to the larger scale of God's word in its entirety that they envelope.

That is why we do not believe that the Quran or the book of Mormon are additional scriptures to what is already preserved.

That is why the questionable books that don't have God divine hand print upon them like those of the Apocrypha are not included. (Yes, the original AV had them to appease Rome and get them to accept the Complete English Bible. but they removed them later as they saw the error in having them included).

there is immediate context and then there is a larger context as in book groupings, and then that of the entire Bible. Context is not an issue on the doctrine of completed scriptures.

edit on 30-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The book did not exist when these passages were written... it wasn't even an idea as of yet

they were only later considered a group of books, and the issue was decided by a group of men... not God. Thus the context with these passages you're referring to apply to the books that contain said warnings

Revelation says THIS BOOK... it does not mean the entire bible... especially considering it wasn't included in the original canon of the bible when the issue was initially discussed

Again I realise this is what you've been taught... but it just isn't reality

edit on 30-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

In God's eyes these book existed as a whole from the beginning, because he knows the beginning and end. God is not limited to human thought and understanding. He is all powerful and all knowing and in all times present, past and future at once.

We don't want limit God's power, to know him is to know he hold all things through his strength. When we question and doubt then the sin of unbelief takes over and we can't see the wonderful truth of God and his word.

As far as which books it is holy men led of God through prayer and when you trust God he leads and guides. Regardless of what others think. Again it is all about faith in God.

It is not what I have been taught by men, it is what I have been taught by God. I know you wish it were the other way around. But other men have been out of my study of Scriptures since 2001. I have stuck to one Bible and no other and I have used the Bible to study the Bible just as the Holy Ghost teaches in 1Cor.

edit on 30-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

In God's eyes these book existed as a whole from the beginning, because he knows the beginning and end.

SO I guess when men added to the existing writings it was supposed to be like that... as if the warnings he gave about doing such things had certain exceptions.

As a Christian you also don't believe in "reincarnation" either... yet that is doing exactly what you just said you don't do... that being placing limits on God.

Sounds to me that your faith is in "the good book" not in God

Though I suppose that is the same thing... Yet your own book says no structure made by human hands could contain God... Yet you seem to believe he is contained in your book.

you have an interesting, yet typical rational my friend... but again you believe whatever makes you happy

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The scriptures is not the "living word of the creator God".It is a testimony that testifies of Yahoshua(which means ...Yahweh is deliverance/salvation Yahoshua made this point over and over yet you can't see it.He stated very clearly to some pharisees:,

"You Search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life. I receive not honor from men. But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you.

I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive. How can you believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that comes from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust. For had you believed Moses, you would have believed me; for he wrote of me. But if you believe not his writings, how shall you believe my words?"

You are just like the pharisees.Searching the scriptures thinking there is life in them yet they are a testimony that accuses you that you do not have the love of the creator God the father in you because it is the scriptures that your trust NOTthe creator God or Yahoshua.

Yahoshua came in the fathers names as Yahoshua yet you think because you believe in the Jesus/God of your religion you DO have the love of the creator God in you, whereas Yahoshua states you do not just as the pharisees did not because they believed in the scriptures and because the God you believe in was created in your image(imagination) and is not truth at all or you would KNOW Yahoshua(deliverance for ALL of creation) not the elitist self chosen few you proclaim to be.Yahoshua is testifying to YOU And just like the pharisees you will deny that truth and continue to proselytize your elitist religion.

edit on 31-12-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Considering every human lies everyday I think we are screwed lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

I believe on Jesus Christ not some greekafied or Hebrewed name of a supposed god that mean nothing. There is no name above the name of Jesus.

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

And I only check what people teach by the word of God. Because it is the noble thing to do.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so

edit on 31-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

God either did what he said he would do and preserve his word or he didn't.

I have faith God kept his word, I see the truth in his word and I I know my God is able.

My faith is in God not men or scholars. As his word guides, I pray and live a holy life daily in Christ Jesus. Am I perfect? No.

But JESUS CHRIST, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace and LORD of Lords makes me perfect.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It is funny people don't believe what Rev 22:8 says and to whom it says it, people don't believe the Bible is the word of God, people think scholars today are better than the men God used to pen his words into the Book (that is 66 books) and preserved it unto us today. People don't believe God used over 40 writers, over 1400 years with a single purpose that runs from Genesis to Revelation, Jesus Christ is LORD.

This whole earth was originally created to be the kingdom, and was given a promise to Israel to be his priest in this kingdom and that one from the Loins of King David would reign in that kingdom forever, King Jesus Chrsit. Rev 21-parts of 22 is the fulfillment of that which was started before Gen1:2.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You realize it was originally Yeshua Ha Mashiach? Jesus Christ is englified from the greekafied version of the original. And Christ is a title, not his last name. Yeshua means redemption, Mashiach means anointed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Oh you were there were you?

I speak English and accept the English as it is found in the AV seeing it is God's preserved word for our generation.

and yes I know, but I don't have to go back and call Jesus, Yeshua, nor do I call God Yeweh or Jehovah because I speak English, and I can call on God through Jesus Because they are all ONE.

1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You know that 1 John 5:7 is a known forgery right?

One of those instances where people "added" to the text just as we talked about before... a pious Trinitarian scribe trying to push what isn't there

Ironic you brought it up almost immediately

edit on 31-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wow, Chuck.

Take it easy.
You're getting way too worked up about all of this conjecture.

It will all be okay.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Know of Hitch Hikers' Guide of the Galaxy? They built a super computer to calculate the answer to "Life the Universe and Everything". It produced, after thousands of years, the answer: 42. Perplexed, they had to build another computer (the Earth) to calculate the original question. The calculation was nearly completed but then the Vogons blew it up to make way for a motorway. The plans had been clearly posted on Alpha Centauri.

Revelation 21:8, like the other 31,400 odd verses in the Bible is the answer to a question. Or it might just be padding. We don't know. But, to date, it has not been the answer to a question as yet asked.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join