It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a LOVELY holiday so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't know about you but so far the holidays have been lovely for me.

Last Friday, my brother took his car to the Chevy service center at the dealership because it was bucking and having trouble shifting. Billy Bob Joe Bob Bill at the dealership said that everything was fine and my sister in law wouldn't have any trouble driving from West Virginia to Ohio and then on to Indiana. Well, the guy was so full of manure that you could fertilize all the fields in the world for years and still have some left over for another few generations.

The guy obviously didn't really do any kind of inspection because when we were on the interstate it starts doing it again. Not only that but it stopped driving altogether. Oh, the engine was running and it was in gear but there was no forward movement at all. Lucky for us, it was in a populated area and my sister in law was able to pull into a parking lot.

She called the "service center" (putting quotes here because there was no damn service) and after about half an hour of round and round on the phone, where she was trying to get the Chevy people to tow the car closer to where we had to go instead of halfway across the damn state, we finally got a tow to the dealership. Luckily, her brother lives close by and came and picked us up. So, here we are stuck in Ohio with no idea whatsoever about what's wrong with their car. It won't even be looked at until Saturday, if then, and no idea at all when or how we're getting back to West Virginia.

Lucky for us that we're able to borrow my sister in law's brother's truck to go to Indiana in order to see my brother and I's family there; all except for my mom, that is. She and my sister aren't on speaking terms and we were going to Michigan to see her after Indiana. Well, that sure the hell isn't going to happen now. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see my mom.

Thanks Chevy. You're all so damn wonderful for being so thorough when inspecting a car. If we'd had heavy traffic behind us we could have been rear ended when the car stopped moving. I'm just so pissed off that one person's laziness caused all this trouble. Screw you, Chevy.

I hope your holiday is going better than mine.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Sounds like your transmission is shot.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
That's what my brother and sister in law think.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That's what my brother and sister in law think.

The first guy should have known that by the description you gave of the problem! Unbelievable that he said it would be okay to take it on a journey! Anyhow, a rebuild on a tranny will run around 3 to 4 k.... that really sucks!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeah, he should have known. I don't think he cared.

Lucky for them, the car is still under warranty.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yeah, he should have known. I don't think he cared.

Lucky for them, the car is still under warranty.

Nice!

At least there is a bright side to the situation!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes there is. I hope your holiday is going well.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yes there is. I hope your holiday is going well.

Thank you! I hope yours gets better! I am just having dinner with my parents and by brothers family today.

Wish you guys luck!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That sounds like fun.
Thanks we need it.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So...you bought your brother a FORD for Christmas?

LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You have a house, a full fridge, a family, and your health. You are able to attend church, drive to work, and go grocery shopping without fear for your life. You will likely survive today whereas hundreds of others will perish this holiday from starvation and disease.

And you are complaining.

Happy holiday.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry - no need to inflict my Christmas story on anyone else.

I hope things improve for anyone having a bad time.

edit on 25-12-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Definitely sounds like transmission. My little old Hyundai had that happen and then it stopped going in reverse. Engine would run, but it went nowhere if you tried to go in reverse.

It was a transmission issue. We traded it off.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I might as well have. Never get a Chevy Spark.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

chevy..... 3-4k..... under warranty....

I'd get ready to burn the dealership down, after what you experienced with the tech. I just have one of those feelings if the service you received was, "Nah, it's not gonna blow up..." Then it blew up.... They may just try to dump and run.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, my brother found out that the transmission is shot. The tech at the dealership the car got towed to said that he's seen it happen with several Chevy Sparks. The only reason there hasn't been a recall is because it happens before the 100,000 powertrain warranty is up.

We ended up borrowing my sister in law's brother's truck and got back. My dogs were happy to see me. I'd been gone almost a week. My mom wasn't very happy because our plans to go see her for the holidays were ruined.

top topics

join