It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Problem With The Metaphysical

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
from what it sounds like you are very consumed by your own thoughts and are experiencing a negative self fulfilling prophecy.

i think what would help is if you just focus on being simplistic. living in the moment. practice living out your human experience in the now. notice your breathing, being in nature helps, notice the leaves on the trees, the natural beauty all around.

maybe take up a new hobby like macro photography so you can notice all of the smaller things around. or playing an instrument and just focusing on the sound you produce. something enriching and beautiful!

when you sit down to eat focus on every bite and the way it tastes rather then just scarfing down the meal. in the shower focus on how good the water feels running down your back notice your body, take care of yourself be happy in the moment cleansing yourself! stuff like that...

hopefully that helps
edit on 25-12-2015 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses guys, it's very great to know that this is not a big deal, if what you're saying is true it's great to know that my body will get better with time.

@cooperton sure we can discuss more about my experiences in direct message.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what are you talking about? how does someones subconscious activate? its always going, its a fundamental part of your being. you were affecting objects at a distance? in what way?

what this sounds like to me is someone trying to trick themselves into thinking they have superpowers. yeah man im real sure you read "high level" books and cause disturbances in the force. you are special.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meomix
Thanks for all the responses guys, it's very great to know that this is not a big deal, if what you're saying is true it's great to know that my body will get better with time.

@cooperton sure we can discuss more about my experiences in direct message.

Hey bud, youre gonna be okay, alright?

Take some of the advice here, dont let the internet hype you up, do your best to keep your energy levels good, equilibrium you know?

I went through exactly what you've described. I know whats going on.

Just know that youre going to be okay, time fixes things if necessary.

Oh, and if you need to shift, just shift! You got this.

edit on 26-12-2015 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2015 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Um you do know what the subconcious is right? Scientists have been talking for decades what you could do with it if you could access its powers, it doesn't take much effort to google what a sleep and awake state is.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Um you do know what the subconcious is right? Scientists have been talking for decades what you could do with it if you could access its powers, it doesn't take much effort to google what a sleep and awake state is.

I was not sure what 'subconscious' meant - so I looked it up.

The idea of the subconscious as a powerful or potent agency has allowed the term to become prominent in New Age and self-help literature, in which investigating or controlling its supposed knowledge or power is seen as advantageous. In the New Age community, techniques such as autosuggestion and affirmations are believed to harness the power of the subconscious to influence a person's life and real-world outcomes, even curing sickness. Skeptical Inquirer magazine criticized the lack of falsifiability and testability of these claims.[10] Physicist Ali Alousi, for instance, criticized it as unmeasurable and questioned the likelihood that thoughts can affect anything outside the head.[11] In addition, critics have asserted that the evidence provided is usually anecdotal and that, because of the self-selecting nature of the positive reports, as well as the subjective nature of any results, these reports are susceptible to confirmation bias and selection bias.
en.wikipedia.org...
Interesting!!

On reading the summery I came to the conclusion that it is just a word pointing to........ who knows what? There seems to be many ideas about the idea of the subconscious!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Meomix

i do know what it is. its the part of you that you arent aware of, it doesn't activate. its that thing that tells you what to do based on past experiences. not some pandoras box of super powers. why can people just be realistic.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

why can people just be realistic.

Meomix never said he somehow acquired controllable superpowers like some "Fantasic Four superhero". If you insist there is nothing to see or worry about here as its "all in the mind" why don't you find a different thread to contribute to.

If you haven't experienced different states of consciousness or spiritual energies or "states of being" you really a doing a disservice to the OP and yourself being on this thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'll be devil's advocate about this subject. I didn't used to believe in the observable quantum matrix. I could influence people around me like the girl on Star Wars and Divergent. I literally took them over. They were unaware of the trance they were in, and yet I could see it as if it were in unison with the other. I confirmed my chaos theory with others after I came up with the notion that space was not separated by intertia or the speed of matter in gravity or space. Space is full of dark matter which is actually the water or dark layer of the parallel opposite galaxy, Andromeda is the father galaxy. I think there is so much more to reality than people know anymore or can grasp anymore. I have had issues with electronics sparks surges of electricity, but then literal subjective reality wrappings unravel into their bare lucid indivisible potential. Quantum atomic bubbles popping against strings of speeding stars that move so fast---they collapse in on each other and form galaxies, black holes, and new baby universes and galaxies and life and civilizations beyond human. But for some reason Humans are the only ones capable of expressing the universe. The rest of the universe has yet to form, or has been sucked up within the force of black space encircling the earth and milky way galaxy, which propels its perfect symmetry, in 4 squares, half sea, half land, half air, and half light==or stars==inspiration. Humanity has forgotten the language of light and the starry heavens. I can commune with an infinite purpose, but am nowhere near able to define a prophet or messenger unless I had perfect faith that my eyes were pure, and I am not pure or perfect, because imperfection is the beauty of evolution and the nature at the root of universal growth. I have seen objects thrown across space by an unseen invisible force, I've seen things move of their own accord, heard subliminal radio messages, I can see and read imprints in the universe. I am a seer. I can activate dead souls, but prefer not to unless needed. I believe in good beings, and bad beings who need directions and sometimes to be overcome. But corporeal reality is also incorporeal and we exist both internally externally and instinctively expand across waves of a new journey but never quite the same. We are the dreamers. our dreams make no sense in one reality---but in another time, on a different wave or conditioned outlet, we've been programmed and reprogrammed, but I have broken through. I accept that nature of Maya being that it is both and neither one and none. I know that there is an afterlife, and it exists in the dark space in the birth of stars black holes and galaxies of stars. But the matrix was an MKULTRA experiment. Why was I given so many tests as a schizophrenic as to my mental and psychic abilities, why was I broken in the face of denial and why should I be asked about politics in a mental hospital? I can see both when time rewinds and speeds forwards, the eyes can sometimes witness more than one or two dimensional, and it is hard to convey because I suck at cartoons.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

ahhhhhhh lets be presumptuous. i have obe's all the time. ive meditated. ive remote viewed. been there done that and so have alooooooooooooot of other beings. im just reading between the lines. i know op's type. hes trying to imply that hes special and has "high level knowledge". i guarantee you he has a superiority complex. met alot of people like him. this is a personality trait that rears its ugly head over and over in the "spiritual community". too many of these people talk down to other people or talk about how special they are and think their sh1t dont stink because they are in tune with consciousness. the reality is were not special were just part of the greater whole.
edit on 29-12-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you lack grounding. If you Astral travel a lot, meditate focusing on the higher chakras, or are preoccupied with ego death, you will be left unbalanced, with your head in the clouds so to speak. As you have described, your psychic abilities will run wild.

Some good grounding techniques have been mentioned, particularly in a post a couple before this. You may also benefit from meditations involving visualization of roots and various other things which will reconnect you to reality. Physical exertion works wonders. I would emphatically recommended taking up traditional Chinese martial arts kung fu/tai chi as an aid to your spiritual practices. This will embed various grounding techniques into your practice as well as giving you greater control of your energy.

In the short term, beer and orange juice have helped bring me down in the past. I often run before I can walk but thankfully I began learning kung fu whilst desperately trying to crack open my third eye.

Grounding!!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Meomix

the simple explaination, is coping mechanisms. we create all sorts of them as a natural defense to unwanted situations we cannot escape during childhood. youve created an alter ego, a split in personality. one is too weak to handle the stress... when the stress or signs of it appear so does the alterego begin manifesting so it can cope with or handle the traumatic situation or surface to prevent it from occuring.

this is why so many males around 19-22 and females late 20s-early 30s have a psychological break down. theyve formed unhealthy coping mechanisms for dealing with the trauma... it appears you have as well, and are simply trying to make sense of what has occured and are still trying to sort it.

the simplest way is to remove all toxic people and habits that trigger the unhealthy coping mechanisms from occuring and or replace the unhealthy coping mechanism with a healthy one.

your dad leaving obviously has cut down on the arguments which in turn relieved most of your depression... see how the change from a constant toxic stimulous you were having to cope with changed things? so keep identifying your triggers for poor coping and either relieve yourself from them or learn a healthier way to cope.

one of my childhood friends always had anger issues and didnt have a healthy outlet for it, once he got into martial arts kicking bags and punching crap to release the anger and hostility instead of it going into areas that were affecting his life in negative ways. unfortunately police have been taking frustraitions out on people here lately in large numbers as a negative coping mechanism. so its obvious that without a healthy outlet to cope with stresses we can choose poor ones to do so.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
@AVoiceOfReason Yeah sure..

@BigBrotherDarkness Um we all left the house, dad said he could sense a presence there, mom was suspiciously quiet and i was too sick to comment on anything, that doesn't mean we aren't still together. I don't remember "coping mechanisms" affecting several other people.

Thanks for all your help people, i'm going to get acquainted with the site and hopefully find other fun stuff to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

They say books heed a certain power when read I didn't listen to that warning a

Dear, you are growing insane from your 'belief infection'!
You need to find 'healthier' people, just so you can have a clue what it's like!

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join