It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you open Christmas gifts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Do you open them on Christmas morning or at evening on Christmas eve?

In my family we've had a tradition of opening our gifts at night on Christmas eve...when does ATS open their gifts?

Oh and by the way merry Christmas to my friends on ATS

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Merry Christmas!

In my family we always got to pick one to open on Christmas eve and the rest are opened on Christmas morning.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Probably have some breakfast first. A new pair of socks is hardly worth getting up for though is it. And seeing as I'm transferring money to my nephew or niece to be into the mothers account not much to give either. Gone are the days of rushing down stairs for that new Star Wars toy or to see if Santasbeen. So enjoy a lie in these days

Hope you all have a great day whatever you get

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
When my brothers and I were kids, we got to choose one to open on Christmas Eve. The rest were saved until the morning. Now we open on Christmas Eve and save stockings for the morning. We open anything with money in it the moment it comes in the mail.

Merry Christmas everyone!

edit on 12-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Being British I was brought up opening them on Christmas Day with one small present being opened on Christmas Eve. But living in different countries with different countries it's now changed to opening them on Christmas Eve and a big get together on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Merry Christmas!

In my family we always got to pick one to open on Christmas eve and the rest are opened on Christmas morning.

Same...

I get a stocking from mom on Xmas eve too, filled with scratch tickets, chocolates... cologne, and other nifty stuff

Merrry Xmas All!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
When I was a kid, we opened one gift on Christmas Eve. Same when my husband was a kid, they did the same. The wrapping paper wasn't allowed to fly for us until after breakfast (8-9am at the earliest) My husband's rule was mass, then a large Christmas breakfast/brunch. He said they rarely opened anything before noon.

We kept the Christmas Eve single gift tradition, with an option -- one gift addressed to each kid, or one shared gift. They prefer to open a shared gift together instead of an individual one. I personally don't care if we have breakfast first or not, but I'd rather not have to pry open my eyes before 8 if I can help it

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
A new pair of socks is hardly worth getting up for though is it.

My kids are weirdos. They LOVE getting socks & undies o.O I remember groaning when I'd open those as a kid, lol. Not mine, they act like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Perhaps I'll open a gift next year. Nothing to open here today.

Happy Xmas to everyone though.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
im half german so germans do it on christmas eve. the other half is american so that means christmas day is for gifts. so growing up i got double the opportunity to open gifts

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Here we open the stockings in the morning (Even if my kids are 20 and 17 but I rarely see them, let alone at Christmas)

Then we all lay the Christmas table and cook the Christmas lunch, only after the food is eaten and the dishes tidied away do all sit and start opening our presents.

One present and one person at a time, so we all get to see the reaction to the gifts, this will last hours and many laughs will be had along the way, with the odd drink of course.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ATS

Cody and family

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
One on Christmas eve, rest the next morning.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I opened mine and used it right resting against it's back, sipping chai tea by the fireplace. This is love, i got a dark old Knotted oak rocker, was very pricey and the spouse will be appropriately thank upon waking,

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Christmas eve after dinner and before Sauna, we wait for Santa and when he arrives, we sing Christmas song. Santa reads the Christmas labels on packages, hands them over to our kid and kid gives presents to each one so he can be a Santa´s little helper for awhile ( same time he learns patience with his own gifts )

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
When the kids were little, we would let them open one present, any one they picked just not the "main" one, but the rest were for morning. We hid most of them, saying that the ones they saw under the tree were from us, then we they got up on Christmas morning, there would be many more, hinting that Santa brought them.. They always got/get, the one thing they've wanted all year. We ask them around the middle of the year what they really want, then save for that particular gift.
My son already decided on his gift for next year...body work for his car. I told him to get a Summer job and I will match whatever amount he saves up. Oh, my aching wallet.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Here's a box of glittery sprinkles for you!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

We let the kids open one on Christmas Eve.
We have to pick it.
Last night it was the onesies (sp) pajamas!!!

LOL!!!!

Their faces! Priceless!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
When the kids were younger we had 1 gift for Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas.

But now I'm really happy. Nonsense over finally. I ordered the three still at home an electric guitar, their other one was stolen, to practice on, joint present, no need to wrap and it actually arrived a couple days ago. Didn't think it would. Tuner and strap and stand and case, and all that stuff. Bought them one game each last Saturday, and since they picked it out no need to wrap and they can play them right away. Told them Christmas is a season, not a day. No need for anything other than a pretty tree and a nice meal. Alas relatives arrived and put a few presents under the tree and broke my carefree happy go lucky feel but going to keep this up until I actually see grandchildren.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Perhaps I'll open a gift next year. Nothing to open here today.

Happy Xmas to everyone though.

A hug for you!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Merry Christmas ATS!

As a kid, we opened presents on Christmas morning. I would come down the stairs to the vision of a beautifully decorated tree, stuffed underneath with presents and maybe a bike or large doll or something like that... Sometimes we could talk our parents into letting us open ONE on Christmas Eve.

Today, we don't celebrate holidays, so there is nothing to open today. We did take a drive early this morning, though. The whole town was eerily quiet so we drove around, taking it all in.

I wish you all love and peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join