It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien pic Alaska 1930's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this pic before?

B.J. Booth of the UFOCaseBook ufology website received this picture accompanied with an email titled Photograph taken by my grandfather" on 8.14.2003.

The sender said his grandfather took the photograph in the early 1930s and gave it to him and he immediately after he gave it last week. The sender wants to remain anonymous since he does not want "anything to do with any research or whatever on this."

He added "I know it looks like an alien or a Bigfoot and I know my grandfather was telling me the truth about him taking this picture. That's why I think it should be in the right hands. You are the only one I'm sending this to, so please respect my privacy and don't contact me about this."

Information was contained on the bottom of the image and told:

"The picture was taken in the early 1930s by the sender's grandfather, who lived in Alaska. The entitiy was first seen when the grandfather was on his way to a lake. He chased the entity until he got close enough to take this one picture. It was some four months before the photograph was developed, being in in a remote, sparsely populated area. The sender received the picture from his grandfather only last week. His grandfather died the day after giving him the photo, and relating his story."

Could have been done recently using an old camera.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
looks fake, the quality of the picture is that of a bad digital camera that was converted to graystyle (black and white). If it was taken with cameras of that time the picture would be much clearer and higher in quality. Just some things i notice, I am currently in a basic photography class and learned that negative producing cameras can produce better pictures than older digital cameras.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont know about that.. but you dont even need a old camera any more all you need is a black and white camera with black and white film..

[edit on 6-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the shadow of the alien are going the wrong way...also the trees seem to be blowing in the wrong direction as to when that photo was taken.
well not too sure looks a bit weird...also the alien really does look like a haloween costume

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
no the shadow is ok, trees and the character are casting shadow to the left.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I doubt a hily intelligent alien would be out strolling in the woods so an old women can take a photo of him/her/it.

It is truely one of the worst pictures i have seen.

It is very very fake

But i am a believer.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
also the trees seem to be blowing in the wrong direction as to when that photo was taken.

I am constantly stunned at some members near psychic abilities to point out stuff.

How can you tell in which direction it SHOULD be blowing when that photo was taken?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

the shadow of the alien are going the wrong way...also the trees seem to be blowing in the wrong direction as to when that photo was taken.

You have voted shaunybaby for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

That has to be one of the contenders for 2005 quote of the year. Fantastic!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That made my day! Absolutely hilarious!

Xon

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
nice poast shaunbaby
did not meant that in a bad way, it was youst funny. But the picture is fake, easy to see. The way the alien stands he have a foot that is longer then the other. This is a fake picture that is badly made

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The picture would have discolored by now, it would be alot more believable if they said this pic was taken in the 60's, but this pic is definitly recent...

Alas, another hoax.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My opinion is that the alien was photoshoped in the photo.

Anyways, heres a previous post about that picture
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
hmmmmmm, didn't think people would actually take what i said seriously, it was a joke lol. i was trying to make it how some people will quickly disprove the moon landing i.e shadows wrong direction and the flag blowing in the wind

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hmm. I did not know that there were pine trees here- as what the trees in the pic appear to be. Spruce, yes. Birch, yes. But I know of no trees in Alaska that appear as the ones in the photos. This photo has been around quite a while- a hoax.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Looks like jpeg compression artifacts or a photoshop filter. At any rate, it looks like a fake to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
so the picture is a hoax, fine i am not disagreeing with that.
this is why conspiracy theories and paranormal stuff are so vague, they (ppl in previous posts) ripped the authenticity of that pic to shreds.
in reality, the shadow was right.
pictures from that time era often look like crap like that, not every camera is great. imagine looking at the same picture taken from a $50 walmart special vs from the very best digital cannon on the market right now. there would be a world of difference. i have seen plenty of my grandfathers pictures from the army and lots of them had quality similar to that. some were yellow with discoloration and some were not. also, the pic is blown up, i bet the origional isnt so grainy, nobody mentioned that.
finally, i looked it up on a google image search and was able to find trees that looked just like that in alaska.
this is why its so easy to cover stuff up, becasue people all have their own take on things.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jprophet420]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the hoax.. I allowed myself to play a bit with photo -it was difficult because resolution was very poor -11. 024 pixel/inch,
here is effect:

I think pixel patterns suggest that there was no digital manipulation in it -so the photo might be true.. only hoax I could imagine is that somebody dressed himself in a costume and the picture was taken. this we will never know, because quality of the picture is bad...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK. Looks like most people think that pic was a hoax (I agree, it is similar to most UFO \ alien pics I have seen, not clear at all) . There is another pic from the site I got this from that is much clearer, but still, could be a manufactured dummy, who knows?. Has this one been discussed /debunked before?.

If anyone knows of any alien pics, lets see them.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
its wierd how the stereotypical alien is just like us but with slightly different skin, prehaps a little slimer and taller, big black eyes...and that's the only difference. it would be funny if aliens landed and walked around earth, and they looked just like how we picture them. there would be posters/pictures all over of them, they would think we think they were kings or something lol

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINTELA
OK. Looks like most people think that pic was a hoax (I agree, it is similar to most UFO \ alien pics I have seen, not clear at all) . There is another pic from the site I got this from that is much clearer, but still, could be a manufactured dummy, who knows?. Has this one been discussed /debunked before?.

If anyone knows of any alien pics, lets see them.

That's an entirerly different sighting (or hoax, whatever), so it cant really be compared. I think its been discussed before though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join