It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure hunting.... kinda sorta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The time has come when it is now necessary to go through a loved ones house and try and sort out all of the stuff.

A house that is over 100 years old.... a house that one of the kids remembers finding their a box their father had stashed that contained a lot of money, including 100 dollar bills..... old stuff... junk stuff..... but just maybe......

We have to go back in a few months and clear out this old house that is full of memories,,,, and junk. 99% of the stuff is only valuable to a child who wants mementos of their parents... the rest isn't worth keeping.

The house is old... it is rotten.... it should be condemned, you can see the ground under the floor in several places. The upstairs is very dangerous, you can feel the floor give when you step on it.

But knowing that a child once found a metal box full of cash makes you wonder what else could have been stashed......

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Absolutely. I used to make a living on other people throwaway. Sometimes valuables are stashed therein. Look through the boxes of documents, flip the pages of books, don't throw a box away that you haven't seen the bottom of. If you aren't sure of the collect ability of an item, hold it until you get it valued.

The older the treasure trove, the more potential value it has buried in it.

Have fun digging for treasure (jealous old dumpster diver).

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's been good so far... we did a quick run through the other day looking for important papers and what not... we did find a small box of old coins, mostly foreign, ranging from 1853-1960.

I have went through the coins via ebay, and it looks like 99% aren't worth anything.... but there were two civil war pennies 1864 & 1865, an 1879 morgan in poor shape (still around 60.00 or so) a couple of 1922 Liberties worth about 20.00 each... all told close to 300.00 in what people are asking on ebay, so I figure around 150-175 if you just sold the whole lot of them.

There were some more coins inside a locked china cabinet, but we couldn't get it open without breaking the glass, and that would drop the value of the cabinet, it is an antique.

It's that metal box that has me wondering... the kids found that money about 50 years ago.... and they left it where it was because their parents came home.... the closet where the box was found is now empty and that box has yet to be found.

It is probably gone, the father died unexpectedly years ago, and his bank account was empty at the time. The father was self employed and dealt with cash, it most likely got re-invested in the fathers work, but that doesn't explain why that metal box has disappeared....

oh yeah,,, and this:

it was tucked away in an old closet... I believe it is a 50th anniversary Daisy BB gun.... stock is excellent, but the barrel is rusted... still pumps too....a guy offered me $15.00 bucks for it today.... probably should have taken that offer. (especially since I found one that sold in an online auction still in the box for $16.00..lol)
edit on R092015-12-24T19:09:11-06:00k0912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R102015-12-24T19:10:31-06:00k1012Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
OMG, I have dreams of being in a huge house and going through every little nook and crany. In my dream I find alot of things that I think are so awesome. Are they worth money? Who knows.

It's just the idea of having a treasure hunt.

Enjoy your journey. You may get more out of it, than just monetary value.

edit on 24-12-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

top topics

join