It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUKEMAP3D is a 3D nuclear weapons effects simulator.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

NUKEMAP3D is a 3D nuclear weapons effects simulator. It allows you to visualize the effects of nuclear weapons upon geographic areas you are familiar with.
SOURCE: nuclearsecrecy.com...

Not exactly a weapons system but I thought this is the best forum for this resource. If I am wrong well mods know best.

The site works with a Firefox browser plug in of Google Earth. You can input a city, place a device in a location, choose a device yield. Choose your viewing location.

View effects and data visualizations like:
Mushroom cloud
Effects circles
Animated mushroom cloud
Estimate casualties
Plot fallout

Lots of interesting data. Something to waste a few hours on when you are wondering how far you are away from a potential target. I like the plot fallout feature for that reason.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Nice!!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I wonder how many wannabee terrorists this honeypot will net for the NSA, CIA and FBI? Lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I remember a more primitive version of this popping up on ATS some years ago. I find it an extremely useful and interesting tool.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
I have played with it using the presets so far. Exploring possible outcomes is interesting. It would be useful when authoring stories on the subject to provide realistic probabilities.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thanks alot for quantifying my worst fear. Looks like the 100mt Tsar Bomb would destroy everything I have ever known as home. Damnit. I would say thankfully I have another home in N.M. , but I cannot exactly get there in the form of atomized dust now can I ???

On a positive note, considering the target in my town, and the average weapon deployed, my current home would still be undamaged according to this model. My parents would get erased though

Man nukes #ing suck, why the hell did people make these??? They better come in handy against hostile E.T.'s man ....

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Thanks alot for quantifying my worst fear. Looks like the 100mt Tsar Bomb would destroy everything I have ever known as home. Damnit. I would say thankfully I have another home in N.M. , but I cannot exactly get there in the form of atomized dust now can I ???

On a positive note, considering the target in my town, and the average weapon deployed, my current home would still be undamaged according to this model. My parents would get erased though

Man nukes #ing suck, why the hell did people make these??? They better come in handy against hostile E.T.'s man ....

Nukes have actually stopped many wars till date. Infacts nukes have turned out to have saved many more lives.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I don't know how accurate that is. Yes Nukes have stopped nuclear powers from waging war directly. However, as the last sixty years post WW2 has shown, wars by these nuclear powers are still imposed upon smaller states without a deterrent, making the nuclear powers defacto bullies.

This thread is not complete without footage though sooo ...
oh looky, kabooms!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

I don't know how accurate that is. Yes Nukes have stopped nuclear powers from waging war directly. However, as the last sixty years post WW2 has shown, wars by these nuclear powers are still imposed upon smaller states without a deterrent, making the nuclear powers defacto bullies.

This thread is not complete without footage though sooo ...
oh looky, kabooms!

Exactly mt point. Imagine a world without nukes and then Soviet Union invades the US. The death and destructions would have been unimaginable. World war 2 would not have started if there were nukes then.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

well I suppose. But there are just way too many out there. Any one of the parties (France, UK, Russia, China, USA) have enough to destroy Earth on their own.

It is fair to say though that without nukes the Soviets could easily have been bold enough to try a land invasion, and vice versa. There is just something about instantly erasing whole cities, battalions, and industrial production in literally the blink of an eye that makes even dictators think twice about committing their soldiers for a drawn out battle.

Could there not have been another way though?? Is not the sheer volume of our Navy and Air Force enough of a deterrent?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Were 2 different systems competing in the cold war or was one system dividing and conquering the entire planet at that time using the duopoly as the device for conquest. Notice both the US and USSR were both in contact with the UFO builders at the same time while neither side had direct conflict. Perhaps the nuclear threat of humankind attracted a concerned outside agent alarmed by this new nuclear powered world?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The thing is human cultures from throughout all history refer in some way to beings or entities from the sky, some even illustrated crudely with what could be interpreted as crafts or vessels. So if they have been here, how did our discovery of nuclear science change our interaction?? Perhaps a different race of aliens detected these detonations and showed up for the first time??

Couldn't the aliens just wipe us out with the same or even more advanced technology?? All I know is nuclear holocaust does not show up anywhere on the list ways I want to leave this mortal shell. I would rather just ride out the inevitable extinction from the methane that is being released into our atmosphere from under the arctic ice. I can still enjoy the scenery for the most part.

I absolutely abhor nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Just an awesome documentary in a thread of awful, but powerful, nuclear science.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

No way the History channel one does not even come close in comparison to the Trinity and Beyond documentary. I have had the DVD with all the remastered footage, mind blowing does not even come close to describing. In fact it has more footage that is not available anywhere else, and it is super clean.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I've not had the privilege of watching that. I'll look into it though...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The second album I bought. Ever.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I played around with the program, pretty cool. What freaked me out was the amount and range of the fallout predicted even from the smaller devices.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: twitchy
You can change the fission fraction, wind direction, speed and change the fall out pattern. The default setting on the wind speed is 15MPH which is kind of high. Also the fission fraction is 100% which is not likely.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The second album I bought. Ever.

I remember that album.. it bombed!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I live in Colorado Springs soooo...

new topics

top topics

join