It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump really does embody and represent the average American

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've been thinking about who is most likely to be president come next year and it seems it's going to be trump.

Not because he's the most qualified, or will create the biggest revolution. Not because he's the most experienced, or knowledgeable of politics. Not because he has the most money or any other basic reason you'd imagine, but because I honestly believe he's the most similar to the average American.

Try having an honest, down to earth and respectful conversation and debate with the average American. Try telling the average person that they should consider a different vantage point, consider seeing things from a different point of view.

Most people I know are loud, obnoxious, very opinionated when it comes to politics. They give vague and outright unintelligent answers to most issues, they don't truly address anything.

Donald trump is the most like the average American, in my opinion, and therefore has a major chance at winning - a lot of people can relate to the way he is, the way he acts, the way he debates, all of it, nothing he says goes over our heads because it's all extremely dumbed down.

All this said, if I had to choose a Republican candidate it would be trump. Sanders is my Number one overall, but trump is the only other one that seems he would shake things up, and things in Washington really do need to be shaken up.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Deadlyhope
edit on 24-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

That enter button, hit too soon you did, yessss.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Actual post is up now :p my bad. Using a damn tablet.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have to agree. Sometimes the best thing to happen in a buisnesss is to clean house and bring in new Mgmt. We see this with big corp. All the time.

It's time (past time) to clean the house in "The House". America is ready for a leader that is NOT a poli-trickery!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Everything you said... except the statement about voting for him. I do agree on a lot of your points about how he is tied to regular Joe American sentiment. But I, for one, don't want an average loudmouthed idiot who's facts are based on loudness, is unaware of how the rest of the world works, and is a reactionary baby, in charge. And the one major thing that separates him from the average American is the fact that he is truly part of the corrupt system of buying-off of politicians. This separation from the average American is the most wrong. He is not an outsider. You get a whole other kind of 'insider'. The kind that has never had to answer to, or for, anyone, except his own ego. Recipe for destruction that one.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If your headline is true, we're a sad, sad country then.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I like the fact that you just insulated every average American.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No, the average american cannot afford to buy huge swathes of land in a foreign country, evict, patronise and intimidate the locals to build a golf club for the rich and get richer.

Trump is a buffoon imo and is only running as a patsy to distract attention from the real candidate who will sneak under the radar and actually win.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

i have to admit that Donald is a truly gifted con man to make all the people believe the BS he fills the media with.
He is an expert on knowing exactly the hot button issues to reel in the naive and unpolitically savy fox watcher.

As George W Bush so eloquently put it.....

"fool me twice, shame on you, fool me once, pass the sweet and sour chicken"

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Try telling me it's not true.

Try bringing up a partisan issue with someone, take the stance that goes against theirs, even if you're just playing Devils advocate.

Do you more often convert people to your thinking?
Do you more often convert to theirs?
Is it often no one is convinced but it was still a civil debate?
Or.. Is it more often people get upset, mad, start spouting nonsense, give vague and unintelligent replies?

Unless you specifically seek out intelligent and constructive people and debates when it comes to politics, I honestly think you'll more often run into the last scenario. This is my experience at least.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I'd rather he not become president. No part of me hopes he does become president, as I'm all in on Bernie.

But I really do see him as the most different, and the least evil of the crew.

Cruz is a straight up corrupt theocrat that wants to use religion as an excuse to mess with the Constitution.

Clinton is as corrupt as they come.. See posts on the dnc, the many scandals she's assumed in, her voting record, etc..

Who else has a real shot? Trump may want to build a wall, but he doesn't want to shred the bill of rights like others do.
edit on 24-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He's a scumbag, so yes, I agree with the topic title 100%.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Doesn't mater who gets elected now. This nation was FUBAR the day the 16th and 17th amendments were ratified in 1913. That is the day business subverted the will of the people and took complete control of the federal government.

It's all smoke and mirrors any more.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yep, just like Ronnie Reagan, Trump plays to the common man, the good ole boy American. I don't think that he is anything like the average American, just that he has learned how to mimic popular conservative memes. Not to mention that he himself has helped to set the popular trend arogant individualist with his posturing over the last few decades.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

None of the people in congress/senate represent the average American..

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I don't mean represent as in "wants what's best for the people"

I mean, he seems the most like Americans to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And the prize goes to whom ever dupes the most Americans with believable rhetoric.

Thats their man.

Wealthy business men are the biggest liars. Trump is telling people what they want to hear, thats his job.

If he actually makes it to the White House (never happen, imo), the role quickly changes to announcer and presider.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Trump really does embody and represent the average American

You forgot he also embodies Mr. and Ms. Jon Q Publics craziness also

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Depends on your community. When I see Trumpkins on the news at rallies, it feels like I'm watching some foreign nation full of Biff Tannen's offspring.

I don't personally know anybody like that in my day-to-day sphere of life. I know they exist, and that's alarming, but I know they are not the majority.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I don't agree that he is like the average american, the guy is a billionaire and was given a million dollars to start his own business, what "average american" can say that? Maybe he panders to his audience but he's a politician

edit on 24-12-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join