It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerodynamic invisibility theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm thinking the best way to move a vehicle in the air is to include lighter than air with no drag. So the flying disk shape but only abot three feet across. A hydrogen balloon in the shape of a flying saucer with thin blades on the top and bottom. The leading edge pushes air out ahead of the disk as it travels and more air is pushed out the rear of the flying disk. We strive for light weight so we operate it with one electric motor in the center turning both sets of blades on the top and bottom in opposition to each other. Now it's a lighter than air disk with a vacuum above and below and in front with thrust comming from the rear.
We make the blades out of pop can aluminum. The body can be 3D printed and assembled the balloon could be filled with hydrogen and we make it however big we need to lift itself.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TQRYdidIT

The is the INTRODUCTION forum. A place to first tell us about yourself, interests, beliefs etc.
You can start a real thread shortly. Read the T's and C's you agreed to and the FRESHMAN FORUM!

Welcome to the fold! Great place we have here!

Mysterioustranger

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TQRYdidIT
A hydrogen balloon in the shape of a flying saucer with thin blades on the top and bottom. The leading edge pushes air out ahead of the disk as it travels and more air is pushed out the rear of the flying disk.

Welcome to ATS,

can i ask a question???

Why?

I get you want to create a new type of vehicle, but it sounds like your creating a fake UFO, and that my friend, on this site, wont go down very well.

all the best though

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TQRYdidIT

You may have created low pressure areas but certainly not a vacuum. And there is a LOT of volume to reduce the drag on with a hydrogen lift vehicle. Lighter than air means little. With enough thrust you can fly a barn if it could hold together. Creating a projected bubble in front of a vehicle has been tried a number of times to lower drag but the faster you go ,the more pressure on the "bubble" surrounding the object and so more bubble material (air, a gas) must be projected out at higher volumes and speed. It does work to some extent. Still, it takes machinery and weight for the thrust part. Hydrogen lift vehicles require a lot of volume as their ability to lift has a high ratio of volume to weight and the materials to just hold the gas in is one thing, then add the weight of the materials needed to create the thrust. You have seen how much volume a hot air balloon needs just to lift a basket of people. Imagine a few engines and a body strong enough to deflect air at high speed.

top topics

join