It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Koreans Prepared For War In 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In 2004, the North Korean regime distributed guidelines to their people, ordering them to "prepare for a protracted war with the US." This is an interesting insight into the thinking of Kim Jong Il at a time when pressure was on North Korea due to its alleged Nuclear program.

www.smh.com.au
North Korea has ordered its people to prepare for a protracted war against the US, issuing guidelines on evacuating to underground bunkers with weapons, food and portraits of their leader, Kim Jong-il.

The 33-page Detailed Wartime Guidelines, published in South Korea's Kyunghyang newspaper on Wednesday and verified by Seoul, was issued on April 7 last year, when the communist regime was claiming it was Washington's next target of invasion following the Iraq war.

The manual - the first such document made public to the outside world - was signed by Mr Kim in his capacity as chairman of the Central Military Committee of the ruling Workers' Party.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The article was published on Wednesday in a South Korean paper, and is classified as "top secret". The guidelines, and the fact they are issued, give a clear insight into the thinking of the secretive regime. Following the war in Iraq, the pressure on North Korea due to its alleged nuclear weapons program became intense. It is easy to see how North Korea may perceive themselves to be next on the target list. As they say, perception is reality, and the fact that such a guideline was issued speaks volumes regarding the perception of the Central Military Commitee of the US and other nation's efforts to expose and cease any covert weapons production that may have been underway.

Is North Korea a target? It would be overly simplistic to say no. The Korean Penisula soaks up a vast amount of US effort, including physical materials and intelligence assets, assets that could be better utilised against the terrorist target. The removal of the North Korean regime and the reunification of North Korea must have attractions to the US government. Whether the world will support action against North Korea, only time will tell, if indeed it happens at all.

Oh, and there really isn't anything more comforting than having your leaders portrait beside you in the fallout shelter...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
With a million troops by the south korean border I would say they are all ready prepared for war.But if I were America I would be careful that North korea doesn't strike first because I remember what my guidence teacher told me years ago, people usually make threats of committing suicide before they actually do commit suicide and Kim Jong-il has already made his threats.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I always thought the ones that threaten suicide are the least likely to actually carry that out.

join