It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want To Buy Your Guns For 25% Over Market Value!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This "Cash for Clunkers" legislation will probably not come to pass unless an EO comes out for it. This would be a great economic boom for the gun industry just like Cash for Clunkers was for Auto sales!

You could take all of your junk, broken, and crappy firearms in, get paid full price plus 25% and go buy new working / better firearms! (not using the visa card they give you, use that for other bills.)

thehill.com...

Gun owners would be paid to sell their firearms to the federal government under new legislation from Democrats.

The Safer Neighborhoods Gun Buyback Act, which was reintroduced this week by Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-N.J.), is the latest attempt by Democrats to address gun violence. The bill has 22 co-sponsors.

"Although no one piece of legislation will eliminate all gun violence, this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm,” Payne said. "If we can get one gun off the street, if we can save one life, then we have to take action.”

The voluntary gun buyback proposal resembles legislation offered by earlier this year by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) that sought to pay gun owners to turn over assault weapons to the federal government.

Both pieces of legislation are virtually certain to go nowhere in the Republican-controlled Congress.

As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms.

Gun owners could turn over their firearms to state and local governments as well as certain gun dealers.

In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.

The Justice Department would destroy the guns and recycle the parts.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
*Insert MEGA-Facepalm here*

What are they thinking? Wait...they aren't. At all.

"Although no one piece of legislation will eliminate all gun violence, this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm,” Payne said. "If we can get one gun off the street, if we can save one life, then we have to take action.”

Does this really need to be explained?

No. It won't.
edit on 12/24/2015 by Klassified because: spacing

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow! I guess I could get 14.00 for my red ryder

I'll keep my (cough,cough) M4(s) tho

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The average progressive voters and most lowly politicians probably do not have enough logic to think for themselves. However, those who are in charge knows excatly what they are doing. It's never really about public safety but more about manipulating the public's "Feelings" to gain more control over us.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

LOL,

If they set a average rate... say $650 / $700 for an AR, I would be PTAC'ing them weekly and buying high end for me.

(since you can put a PTAC together for almost sub $400 now)
edit on 24-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm,”

No amount of wishful thinking is going to get guns out of the hands of criminals. Do they seriously believe some gang banger is going to show up and sell them his gun?
Delusional, bordering on just plain stupid.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Get guns off the street? Why would some gang member give up their gun for a modest profit when they can keep the gun and use it over and over to rob convenience stores?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would hope most people would think about this before falling for this Trap. Australia did something similar and it was successful in taking away guns from the Public, not all but the majority. People need to think long term, in this event, and not fall for a quick bit of money, and loose their ability to defend themselves from Tyrants both foreign and domestic. The world is a dangerous place, and although I and most others dream of a peaceful planet, Thats just not the society and systems set-up right now. So it creates a reason for the many, to be able to ensure their freedoms and Liberties from the few, who are creating chaos and Fear in order to have power. Ones ability to defend themselves and family must not be taken for granted, America is one of the last remaining places on Earth, where people are given such freedoms. Once we let go of these Freedoms there is no going back. Dont fall for a Gun buy back. its just a way for the few elites, to ensure total dominance over the everyone. Our founders were brilliant when thinking about what rights should be given to the people, and to piss that away, careless and tragic.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

"They" never ever have a problem spending OPM (Other Peoples Money) to finance their schemes. So basically instead of the junk .22 or .380 now we'll have .gov financed upgrades in the thugs hands.

As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms.

Dumb idea for OPM third of a billion.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
are the politicians really this stupid?

what`s so hard to understand about this:
A criminal can make more money by using his gun to rob people than he can by selling it to the government for some chump change.

I firmly believe that some of these politicians are RETARDED!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Bbwwwaahahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Inb4 "there is no gun grabbing" . . .

2nd

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A voluntary government buy-back at 125% retail?

Holy # the ACA just went NRA.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL,

If they set a average rate... say $650 / $700 for an AR, I would be PTAC'ing them weekly and buying high end for me.

(since you can put a PTAC together for almost sub $400 now)

Exactly. The best thing this plan will accomplish is to get unsafe, junk guns off the street, and allow others to upgrade to better firearms.

originally posted by: joemoe

The average progressive voters and most lowly politicians probably do not have enough logic to think for themselves. However, those who are in charge knows excatly what they are doing. It's never really about public safety but more about manipulating the public's "Feelings" to gain more control over us.

Yes. And feelings equal fears.
edit on 12/24/2015 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Who's money is being used for the buy back? Who determines fair market value?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Who's money is being used for the buy back? Who determines fair market value?

If such a thing were to be passed, ESPECIALLY with the recent passing of the TPP, an individual could bankrupt the United States thanks to 3-d printing and free-market laws.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Boy that's a heckuva deal, isn't it? I'd do it.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm,”

No amount of wishful thinking is going to get guns out of the hands of criminals. Do they seriously believe some gang banger is going to show up and sell them his gun?
Delusional, bordering on just plain stupid.

What part of "you can't disarm the bad guys" do they not understand? All of it apparently! Hell, convicted felons released on parole, the first thing they do is buy a firearm on the black market even though possession of such weapon will cause a parole revocation. But these people just don't learn from experience.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

"market value," not "retail value." So, basically you'd only get marginally more than if you were to sell your used gun to a pawn shop.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Boy that's a heckuva deal, isn't it? I'd do it.

I see it as a great way to dump all the firearms I have but don't like, at a profit.

I've got some oddball firearms that you just can't unload at a show. It seemed a good idea at the time.

But now, I can get book value + 25%! Woot!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join