It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA DHS stops two British Muslim brothers and nine children from going to Disneyland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's in America. The Brits are PRO-active, not RE-active.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That's in America. The Brits are PRO-active, not RE-active.

Yeah these days we would have sent a policeman or more likely a social worker round for a friendly chat.

Nothing heavy handed, not at that stage. But just to see if there is something that needs monitoring and giving support to the father and the local school if needed. Plus we have a few charitys and youth organisations too that would likley try and step in.

Chances are the kids not a terrorist, he was just curious. But that’s how this things start and its best to nip them in the bud.

. Only issue I see is him now being held responsible for ruining his family’s dream holiday that may alienate him from his family.
Not the USA fault. But maybe if they had contacted us sooner we could have investigated and a heavy handed approach may not have been needed.

edit on 24-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this may have thwarted the HUGE event I have been expecting around Christmas ever since ISIS and Al Quaeda said they were planning one! I feel a since of relief.

I congratulate the Department of Homeland Security for getting this one RIGHT. They did their job and to hell with those who want to whine about it being because of their religion.

Israel had reason to detain one of the brothers and reject them from the country? Well...duh...should we overlook that little fact?

An email sent from the computer of one of the Mahmood brothers was sympathetic to Al Quaeda? Another little fact not to be bypassed.

Who cares if somebody calls us Islamaphobes or bigots for using our heads to reject these travelers' demands to enter our country? It's better than being called 'dead'.

Were they going to Disney in Florida or Disney in California? If the one in Calif., I believe that is only about 50 miles from San Bernadino. No telling what preparations by the Farooks' cell had already been made for them. All the Mahmoods would have had to do is get to the hidden stash and do their dirty deeds at one of America's iconic highly crowded places for families to go at Christmas.

Thank you DHS for doing it right this time. Keep up the good work!
edit on 24-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The PC crowd in America would call it invasionism (or something else made up) instead of intervention.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is called being a flight risk. No pun intended.

They were suspicious that they were going to disappear into the greater Los Angeles area and become another illegal family already here.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

originally posted by: UnBreakable

And if it wasn’t enough that two Muslim men from an extremist area of England ...

There are no extremist areas in England. We may have a few extremists.

Oh, I must've misread.

"Hanif Qadir, of the Active Change Foundation (ACF) made the accusations yesterday after the WikiLeaks website revealed that a secret US cable had described Waltham Forest as an area of "significant" radicalism".
www.guardian-series.co.uk...
edit on 12jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I have a feeling that this may have thwarted the HUGE event I have been expecting around Christmas ever since ISIS and Al Quaeda said they were planning one! I feel a since of relief.

I congratulate the Department of Homeland Security for getting this one RIGHT. They did their job and to hell with those who want to whine about it being because of their religion.

Israel had reason to detain one of the brothers and reject them from the country? Well...duh...should we overlook that little fact?

An email sent from the computer of one of the Mahmood brothers was sympathetic to Al Quaeda? Another little fact not to be bypassed.

Who cares if somebody calls us Islamaphobes or bigots for using our heads to reject these travelers' demands to enter our country? It's better than being called 'dead'.

Were they going to Disney in Florida or Disney in California? If the one in Calif., I believe that is only about 50 miles from San Bernadino. No telling what preparations by the Farooks' cell had already been made for them. All the Mahmoods would have had to do is get to the hidden stash and do their dirty deeds at one of America's iconic highly crowded places for families to go at Christmas.

Thank you DHS for doing it right this time. Keep up the good work!

Talk about fear induced paranonia.

Got you American Diapers on hand?

Really your pinning a terrorist attack that hasnt happend on the family?

Give me a break.

The DHS had valid reason to refuse entry it seems based on the internet activity. But to go into fear induced knee jerk paranoia?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
It is called being a flight risk. No pun intended.

They were suspicious that they were going to disappear into the greater Los Angeles area and become another illegal family already here.

Source?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: buster2010

Yes let's pretend that's the sole reason they were stopped so we can be outraged.

Where's the proof otherwise? Let's see you produce it seeing how the moron who wrote this article didn't.

Where's your proof they were stopped because they were flying without a woman, as opposed to anything else?

Proof works both ways, guy.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You're so cute. A jerk...but cute.

As I said, name-calling doesn't really bother me. You may call it paranoia, others call it being alert. I do have a bit of a suspicious mind when it comes to people like the Mahmoods and Farooks, not because they are muslims necessarily, but because of all the other FACTS surrounding them.

This is ATS....we discuss our spidey senses, suspicions, conspiracy theories, etc. It's what we do

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Look I agree the DHS had valid reason to refuse entry. Seems the eldest son had been looking at some extremist’s websites.

But its paranoia to label the whole family as terrorists and pin a attack that hasn’t happened yet on them.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Hell a crime hasn’t even taken place yet!

Its good to be alert. But one needs to keep a sense of perspective and balance.

Yes the DHS were right to refuse entry. But no this family are most likely not terrorists.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You're so cute. A jerk...but cute.

As I said, name-calling doesn't really bother me. You may call it paranoia, others call it being alert. I do have a bit of a suspicious mind when it comes to people like the Mahmoods and Farooks, not because they are muslims necessarily, but because of all the other FACTS surrounding them.

This is ATS....we discuss our spidey senses, suspicions, conspiracy theories, etc. It's what we do

News for ya. The next big terrorist event in this country will be perpetrated by more than eleven members of a family who are going to Disneyland. It's going to be a multi-state coordinated attack by sleeper cells in different parts of the country. Book it.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You say pa-tah-toe and I say po-tay-toh. Innocent until proven guilty? Uh..no, not in cases such as this. We DO NOT wait for the crime, then try them in court for murder. "That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!"

In other words, I was merely voicing to my friends here on ATS (you included) that ever since ISIS and Al Quada announced there would be an event in Dec., I have felt that uneasiness and expectation in the pit of my stomach. When I read about the Mahmood "family" being denied entry into the USA to go to Disneyland, I felt that uneasiness diminish. That's all. I agree, btw....balance in all things.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You say pa-tah-toe and I say po-tay-toh. Innocent until proven guilty? Uh..no, not in cases such as this. We DO NOT wait for the crime, then try them in court for murder. "That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!"

Yes it bloody well it.
That is a RIGHT. That is what makes us different.

You cant arrest and convict someone of a crime they haven’t done!

You can monitor and keep close watch for suspected terrorists though.

Would you have us pick that entire family up and have them water boarded?

In other words, I was merely voicing to my friends here on ATS (you included) that ever since ISIS and Al Quada announced there would be an event in Dec., I have felt that uneasiness and expectation in the pit of my stomach. When I read about the Mahmood "family" being denied entry into the USA to go to Disneyland, I felt that uneasiness diminish. That's all. I agree, btw....balance in all things.

Well if there is a attack I am going to guess it will be from domestic radical muslims.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ugh. I may have been less than clear. Of course, they are innocent of the crime (killing innocent Americans), but they are not American citizens and have no RIGHT to enter our country. If our Intelligence suspects they may not be suitable to enter and suspects they have a potential of harming our own people, that's enough. No proof needed.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

And I have been agreeing with that.

DHS did the right thing. The kid should not have been looking up those sites.

Though they should have informed our authorities straight away so we could send someone round to chat with the kid in question and work out if he is being radicalised. We can only beat this by good commination and working together.

What I take disagreement with is you pinning a attack that hasn’t even happened on them and labelling terrorists. That does not help and will just alienate them father. Better to try and work with the family and see why there oldest kid has been visiting certain sites and seeing if we can get him back on the rails before he passes the point of no return.
It was right there holiday got canned and entry refused, better to be safe than sorry. But lets not demonise the family for a crime they haven’t committed.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Ugh. I may have been less than clear. Of course, they are innocent of the crime (killing innocent Americans), but they are not American citizens and have no RIGHT to enter our country. If our Intelligence suspects they may not be suitable to enter and suspects they have a potential of harming our own people, that's enough. No proof needed.

If they feel that persecuted and are big fans, they should just try Disneyland in Paris. It's a hell of a lot closer and would have been cheaper for a family of eleven. Plus it's more Muslim-friendly over there, although Paris is probably a little skitterish of their kind right now after what happened last month.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Na Disney land Paris sucks.

Been there, not worth your money.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

All I voiced was a since of relief that DHS actually got this one right and yes, this family makes my spidey senses tingle. I don't know if they planned an attack or not and neither do you. But, I'm telling you....that feeling of waiting to exhale has been lessened by the denial of their entry into the US and Disneyland.

I hope UK Intelligence picks up the ball and rolls with it now. Go find out what is going on if you're "worried about alienating them further". No need to demonize anyone, but there is definitely a reason to watch them a bit closer. Common sense.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well if the USA shares its finding then hopefully we will send a social worker round to chat to the kid and we have a few youth organisations to help get the kid back on track. The big complaint at the moment seems to be DHS stonewalling our agency’s with regards to getting the information.

But I think this idea of you feeling relieved is just a placebo effect. You feel safer purely because you see action being taken. Its a known phenomenon and why the TSA exist even though it been proven they are not actually that effective. It just makes you feel safer. Just don’t let your guard down as the risk is likely not reduced and any attack will likely be home grown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join