It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing security: 'Possible threat to Westerners' governments warn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
According to the BBC:

"The UK and US governments have issued a warning about possible threats against Westerners in the Chinese capital Beijing on or around Christmas Day. British and US officials say they have received information of possible threats in Sanlitun, which is a busy bar and shopping district. They did not provide any further details. Beijing police say they have issued a yellow alert to ensure security over the Christmas period."

I don't think I've ever heard of this happening in China before. It certainly sounds like some sort of organised threat, rather than just your local boot-boys giving Westerners a kicking for the sheer hell of it. Does anyone know what this is about? Muslim extremism, perhaps? I can't imagine the authorities will show much leniency to any perpetrators they catch.
edit on 24-12-2015 by lacrimoniousfinale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale
According to the BBC:

"The UK and US governments have issued a warning about possible threats against Westerners in the Chinese capital Beijing on or around Christmas Day. British and US officials say they have received information of possible threats in Sanlitun, which is a busy bar and shopping district. They did not provide any further details. Beijing police say they have issued a yellow alert to ensure security over the Christmas period."

I don't think I've ever heard of this happening in China before. It certainly sounds like some sort of organised threat, rather than just your local boot-boys giving Westerners a kicking for the sheer hell of it. Does anyone know what this is about? Muslim extremism, perhaps? I can't imagine the authorities will show much leniency to any perpetrators they catch.

Well, I live just a bit east of China and it is possible, but I kind of think it really has to do with the air quality. It's horrible and really bad this season. But we've come acoustom to it, terrorism sells better then bad air.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

According to the BBC:
Beijing police say they have issued a yellow alert to ensure security over the Christmas period."

Oh come on now....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well....at least issuing a yellow alert will ensure everybody's safety. I can't imagine terrorists ever overcoming that. fewww!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

China has its own Muslim problem from the Uighur people , earlier this year the Chinese government banned Ramadan so perhaps a response is expected.

originally posted by: Vector99

According to the BBC:
Beijing police say they have issued a yellow alert to ensure security over the Christmas period."

Oh come on now....

Seriously ?

edit on 24-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There have been recent signs of the big nations developing a common interest in fighting Muslim extremism, so attacks on Westerners within China might be designed to disrupt that.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

China has its own Muslim problem from the Uighur people , earlier this year the Chinese government banned Ramadan so perhaps a response is expected.

According to the BBC:

Oh come on now....

Seriously ?

Lighten up.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Less we not forget, Isis released this song in Chinese on Dec. 6th, nothing surprises me w/these Bouche Dags!

edit on 24-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

According to the BBC:

Oh come on now....

I thought it was funny...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Wow..

top topics

join