It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The love of money is the root of a lot of good...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:40 AM

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:45 AM
Money isn't's just a "thing". Its when people allow themselves to be consumed and corrupted by it that money becomes a bad thing. It's like alcohol. If you have a beer or glass of wine now and then, no big deal...but if you're drinking all day, every're going to have a bad time.

Money can actually free you to discover the things in life you really want to do. Money can give you something: time -- time to better yourself and perhaps give back some of that time to others.

Its foolish to blindly universally hate money and those with it all the time. That said, it does indeed seem that most touched by large amounts of money seem to become corrupt, selfish and greedy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:01 AM
Hey Profusion: Interesting concept, though not new, perhaps underrepresented.
If you hadn't noticed, the overriding control over this paradigm is all about your current concept in this thread. That's what's being used to wage war, and bring religious, ethical and philosophical concerns that underpin civilizations to the same table for discussion.

Economic stability and participation.

Look at the entire African continent's history. That's primarily what dictated their history: economic futurity. Participate in technological, economic innovation, or live with the HIV plague, drought, starving and suffering.
It's relatively easy and simple to see and trace, throughout history and geographical regions, and the level of education inherent. Stick to tribal ethics, and you will suffer. Join the economic conundrum, and you'll be rewarded. It's just that simple.

However, there really are bigger issues than getting rich, and "success" by the definition of "getting rich." Perhaps it doesn't appear that way right now, at first glance, via the control system of this current paradigm. But, I guarantee that once we all join the economic based "round table" it will morph into something more geometrically opposing…..
That's the name of that economic based game, my friend….for there can be no upper class, success, without a well defined lower class, dying and suffering. IMHO
happy holidays

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:25 AM

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:09 AM
one of my favorite quotes by motivational speaker ralph smart is "money is energy"

i think that speaks volumes

and i personally would say that money is a mindset.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
my 2c...
since we're talking about money....anyway....the LOVE of money is the root of all evil, not money itself. The Bible is full of examples of wealth, from kings to rich men. It is when Jesus invites the rich person to give up money, and the person cannot conceive of doing so, when wealth gets in the way of The Way. It is when wealth has been built up to such an extreme, yet there are fellow human beings who exist at the opposite end of great wealth.

It is the grasping for money, the coveting when money is the first/only desire, that harms us. I remember years ago seeing a saying, You can never be too rich or too thin. It was meant as a joke, but in the 1980s, especially, with its call to be greedy, some people took it seriously and acted accordingly, accumulating vast wealth to the detriment not only of themselves but to society.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:41 PM
You're pretty much a dellusion ignorrant sap. You need to progress. Money does nothing except buy #. # that breaks and doesn't fill the hole in your heart, give you true fulfillment, love and friends. a reply to: Profusion

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
a reply to: Profusion

I would tend to agree with you. After all , what you are really saying is that money SOMETIMES does do some good.

What saddens me is that people go to their jobs every day thinking that it is their right to have a job and often forgetting how the job came about. In most cases a company or small firm they work for would have started with a humble family seeking to make a living by starting a business and taking a lot of risks. May be it would have happened a hundred years before and the company grew through generations of that family and now employs 100s of people.

Private sector companies are always creating new wealth for the country. In my work , I come across many self-employed people in many industries who are expanding with all risks that it entails and recruiting as well.

I am not saying that the government does not create wealth. It does too. Through government spending , jobs are created (basic Keynesian economics). Moneterism also has its place in economics today . The two are not mutually exclusive.

The evil is to be found in the banking system. Somehow the government does not know how to deal with the problem. There is also great danger lurking in the form of the derivatives market which is worth the GDP of all countries of the world put together and is just a big bubble which could explode. I don't think anyone has considered the consequence of this.

I realised a long time ago (when I was still a teenager) that I saw money in a macro-economic perspertive while others saw it in a personal one only. This dawned on me one day in the classroom; after the teacher asked what we thought of the budget . I was the only pupil one to praise the budget and received dirty looks from everyone in the classroom. All the pupils were echoing the anger of their parents at the rise in tobacco, wine and other luxuries. I could only see the global mechanics of the budget (i.e. where the government were getting the extra money and where it was being channelled and thought it was good.

Money is not necessarily the root of evil . It is the evil people who misuse it. Also, making business is very hard; something the employees never see.

edit on 26-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
a reply to: woodwardjnr

YES! Bloody brilliant

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
The love of money could mean greed or gratitude.

Greed feels empty saying "More, More, More".

Gratitude feels full saying, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!".

When we feel satisfied and happy, there is a lack of fear and worry but an Abundance of Love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>