It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what the BLM movement's reaction would be if just spontaneously out of nowhere a group formed and started protesting everywhere WHITE LIVES MATTER.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Find out.
Don't just sit there, start a twitter storm.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interested in SEEING, not starting.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Interested in SEEING, not starting.

Oh. I see. You just want to be entertained.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

If that's what you call it. I'd probably look at it otherwise myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't.
You just want someone to start a ruckus for your entertainment.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
*snip*
If blacks accounted for 67% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
If whites accounted for 29% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
It is not proportionate to population.

Where is the evidence showing that any of the stops were not valid??

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

No, I don't. I like how you assume, but I would be equally as critical of a group called WHITE LIVES MATTER if they improperly displayed themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Where is the evidence showing that any of the stops were not valid??

Heh. You want evidence of a negative.
I would expect no less of you.

Got any evidence that unicorns don't exist?

edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Is the playing field really equal? Do all humans equally commit crime, just that one group is targeted more than the other so therefor it's institutionalized racism? Or are their social economic and micro-cultural issues at play which contribute to higher crime rates attributed to certain races?

Not really responding to the post that's highlighted, just wanted to directly ask you.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Since certain groups are, apparently, subject to more attention by police, that is not a simple question to answer. Some statistics like those presented in the Ferguson report indicate that "enforcement" rates do not actually reflect a propensity for crime. In Ferguson, a black is twice as likely to be searched during a traffic stop yet compared to whites, only 25% are found with contraband.

Here's another way to look at it. I'm white, quite white (I am). Let's say I break into a store and there are no witnesses. Statistics say that I am less likely to be stopped as a suspect than a black man. So, a black man is stopped and released because there is no evidence against him. I am not stopped, but I'm carrying a bag full of stuff from the store. He goes free, I go free. But, if it had been him who had done the crime, the ending would be quite different because the police stopped him based on a racial profile. I did the crime, but was not a suspect because I did not fit the racial profile.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Right, and i accept that answer. However with one caveat IF there is a larger portion of black people disproportionately committing crime, than of course police would pull them over more than perhaps you or I.

So i suppose my next question is; is profiling(racial or otherwise) justified ever or is it always a "evil" concept that has no precedence?
edit on 31-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

However with one caveat IF there is a larger portion of black people disproportionately committing crime, than of course police would pull them over more than perhaps you or I.

As I said, that is not an easy thing to parse. Do blacks commit more crime than whites, or are they just caught more than whites because they are assumed to be guilty and stopped more often. Assume what you wish but realize that it is nothing more than assumption.

So i suppose my next question is; is profiling justified ever or is it always a "evil" concept that has no precedence?
Again, it is a difficult question to answer. Of course, one might consider the idea of being innocent until proven guilty, equal treatment under the law, in there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I did come close to hitting someone once (mentioned in an old thread of mine), but he was blonde and white, like me.

So you didn't.
On the other hand, if he was black and didn't look like you...

I didn't because he got his stupid rear out from in front of my car. If he hadn't, he'd have been under it. You can read about it here - link - and learn the facts, or you can assume whatever makes you feel better. Frankly, I don't care which. In that case, which was very odd, the group was quite mixed racially.

Nice little assumption there, and we know what that makes one.....

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nice little assumption there, and we know what that makes one....

Just going on what you wrote.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Here's another way to look at it. I'm white, quite white (I am). Let's say I break into a store and there are no witnesses. Statistics say that I am less likely to be stopped as a suspect than a black man. So, a black man is stopped and released because there is no evidence against him. I am not stopped, but I'm carrying a bag full of stuff from the store. He goes free, I go free. But, if it had been him who had done the crime, the ending would be quite different because the police stopped him based on a racial profile. I did the crime, but was not a suspect because I did not fit the racial profile.

I doubt if the description of the robber was a "really white guy" they would stop black people in relation to it.

Read wrong, if there were no description anyone in the area would be stopped regardless of color. I've experienced it in my teens.
edit on 31-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I doubt if the description of the robber was a "really white guy" they would stop black people in relation to it.

You really seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.

Let's say I break into a store and there are no witnesses.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

edited after proof-reading, I've admitted that's a problem of mine

link   

Ok fair enough, then what are the implications of your view (assuming it's an artifact of a racially biased system) and the proposed solutions?

I know that my view I lean toward this being a social economic issue and also a micro-cultural issue under the umbrella of "abuse of power",and thus I support more social programs and police accountability when it comes to abuse of power because let's face it whites are disproportionately abused by police in America than any other western country. Having said that everything for me comes back to education, and that means being able to discuss #ty ideologies in cultures openly, be it white or black or what have you.

link   

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join