It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Phage
No, I'm not. I know that 90% of the entire population is under 65 though. I know the median age is 36.4.

And as of 2010, 10% of the population is retired age.

How much of that percent is white?

No answer?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

So many people defending thugs, it's incredible.

Who is?

Lol, please. This thread paints a clear picture of what blm truly is, their hate, bigotry and everything else in between. Real people witness the hypocricy, hate and downright disrespect daily. Anyone trying to prove otherwise is selling a political agenda. YOU and others like you are part of the problem for refusing to see reality for what it is. Maybe you don't live in reality? Politics and social media are most likely clouding your vision.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, that would make sense, since 90% are below retired age.

I don't know. But unless a very disproportionate number are white, it doesn't change much of anything. Do you think there are a higher number of older white people than black people in Ferguson?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

And when caught in a statistical pickle they stop posting. Typical.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Yes, that would make sense, since 90% are below retired age.

I don't know. But unless a very disproportionate number are white, it doesn't change much of anything. Do you think there are a higher number of older white people than black people in Ferguson?

There is a disproportionate number of whites to blacks in that community. Do you have statistical factors of predominantly black towns in America regarding the number of whites, and their age per township?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

YOU and others like you are part of the problem for refusing to see reality for what it is.

See, you've got me wrong. I don't really support BLM or their "tactics."

But that doesn't mean that I don't think there is merit in some of what they are talking about. How does that make me a problem?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

edit decorum/.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Anyone who can't see the rampant thug culture that exists today in the U.S., and the choke-hold it has on a very large portion of the 'black community', including the BLM movement is part of the problem. That includes white, self-hating liberals who think this generation should somehow be responsible for slavery, etc.

The fact that more blacks are jailed (or jailed longer) than whites statistically is telling, especially since the more logical conclusion is that more crimes are commited by blacks because of 'thug culture', it's a real thing, But people like you would rather keep spouting the lie that it's all due to racism, tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands, millions?) of white racists. Give me a break, that narrative got old after the civil rights movement.

People need to get out of denial and stop spewing the mythical lie that white extremist racists run this country. Take the blinders off and quit buying what the media is trying to sell you.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The fact that more blacks are jailed (or jailed longer) than whites statistically is telling, especially since the more logical conclusion is that more crimes are commited by blacks
Sorry no. That is not a logical conclusion. It does indicated though, that more blacks are arrested. The statistics from Ferguson demonstrate that fallacy. Blacks were twice as likely to be searched, but were found with contraband 25% as often as whites.

People need to get out of denial and stop spewing the mythical lie that white extremist racists run this country.
I don't think they're running the country but unequal treatment by law enforcement does not equate with white extremity. That's a nice bit of hyperbole you tossed out there.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The statistics from Ferguson demonstrate that fallacy.

We don't know the specific details of that. If you assume it's statistically racist, I assume the opposite.

Neither of us can prove it.

Moot point, stop using it.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Since most of the time police pull someone over they either they broke a traffic law or suspect drunk driving.
Are you sure about that?

I don't think they care if they are black green or purple.
I think it's you who is being naive.

So you think that when the police is behind a vehicle they can tell what color the driver is? Then go oh wait he's white ill just ignore the fact he broke a trafic law or can't drive a straight line. I personally think they would pull them over anyway. So if race isn't a factor then we should look at other possibilities. As I mentioned area they are in would be one. Another would be are there more drunk drivers in an area. Could be litterally in poorer neighborhoods car maintenance might be a low priority. Point being could be any number of reason and in today's politically correct world id bet police go out of there way to even seem to be profiling.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ridiculous. How many white people live in Ferguson? Are you serious?

I'm sad to see you being sold on these crazy left wing politics. Science fits you much better than this garbage you are buying into.

Merry Christmas. I'll go back to observer mode and let you run the show here.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

How many white people live in Ferguson?

29% of the population of Ferguson is white.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah, so your point is moot anyway if you really paid attention to the ridiculous argument you're trying to make.

Peace out buddy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

How many white people live in Ferguson?

29% of the population of Ferguson is white.

what is the age of that 29%?

until you can definitively answer that stop using that.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So you think that when the police is behind a vehicle they can tell what color the driver is?
So you think that police only stop vehicles they are behind?

I personally think they would pull them over anyway. So if race isn't a factor then we should look at other possibilities.
How easily you toss off the racial aspect. How about pulling them over for no particular reason?

Perhaps most troubling from a civil liberties perspective, nearly five percent of blacks weren't given any reason for why they were stopped, compared with 2.6 percent of whites and 3.3 percent of Hispanics.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Point being could be any number of reason and in today's politically correct world id bet police go out of there way to even seem to be profiling.
Or, maybe they are racially profiling. Stopping people for "driving while black." Do you think that it's ok to do so? Do you that it could be something that deserves some looking into or is it just better to turn the other way as assume "Nah, they wouldn't do that."

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Or, maybe they are racially profiling.

Or just maybe the town is statistically black, so ofcourse every offense will be a victimized minority.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

So you assume that in furguson cops pull people over for no reason. And do you have ant statistics to how often this is done seem you seem to know this happens to only blacks in that area?? Or more than likely you havent a clue this even occurs bit use it ad an excuse to validate a false belief
edit on 12/25/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

4) Right to assemble, unless it annoys you, I guess.

So I can come protest on your property?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I think that the biggest problem BLM has, is that people don't understand their message in light of the fact that every day in the USA, scores more black people are killed by other black people than white cops. A white cop shoots a black youth: national protest, a little girl is killed by a stray bullet doing homework: SILENCE. In fact, if you were to tabulate the number of black people killed by other black people VS black people killed by white people, the number has to be MUCH higher with respect to black on black crime. And yet they are directing their hostility towards the white population.People don't understand this and it makes them into somewhat of a joke as a result. BLM needs to protest in the areas where the most black people are being killed, namely black neighborhoods, instead of malls and airports.
edit on 25-12-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join