It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, that example is from your source. Directly.

It also starts out with this

we found many Ferguson police officers and
other City employees to be dedicated public servants striving each day to perform their duties
lawfully and with respect for all members of the Ferguson community

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Blacks have a much higher percentage in these areas mainly inner cities. Meaning they do indeed get pulled over more often.

Read this again:

FPD reported 11,610 vehicle stops between October 2012 and October 2014. African Americans accounted for 85%, or 9,875, of those stops, despite making up only 67% of the population. White individuals made up 15%, or 1,735, of stops during that period, despite representing 29% of the population.

If blacks accounted for 67% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
If whites accounted for 29% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
It is not proportionate to population.
edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Nor was it claimed that the warrants were issued or fines compounded because she was black.

Exactly. So would you agree anyone that didn't pay a parking ticket would face the same situation? Especially if they didn't show up to court dates?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No, that example is from your source. Directly.

I know. But it is not talking about unequal treatment (the topic of this discussion). Other parts of the report do.

It also starts out with this
Yes. I know. It does not change the fact that the police stopped a disproportionate number of blacks as compared to whites.

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm looking for really detailed specific information of Ferguson right now. I want to see how many of the 29% of white people are in the retired age. In bolingbrook as a kid, the majority of white residents were retirees living on social security. Bolingbrook is what they could afford, the grannies and gramps weren't out committing crime, but they sure were helping a statistic, at least in that city.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

African Americans are more than twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering race as a factor when determining whether to search.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

They also constitute 87% of the stops. The two numbers will obviously coincide. That statement only suggests white people's cars are searched too.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

They also constitute 87% of the stops.

85%. Why is that, I wonder.

The two numbers will obviously coincide.
Why? It doesn't say twice as many blacks were searched. It says that blacks are twice as likely to be searched. In spite of the fact that the searches of whites found contraband 74% more often than for blacks.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Blacks have a much higher percentage in these areas mainly inner cities. Meaning they do indeed get pulled over more often.

Read this again:

FPD reported 11,610 vehicle stops between October 2012 and October 2014. African Americans accounted for 85%, or 9,875, of those stops, despite making up only 67% of the population. White individuals made up 15%, or 1,735, of stops during that period, despite representing 29% of the population.

If blacks accounted for 67% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
If whites accounted for 29% of stops, it would make sense. They don't.
It is not proportionate to population.

And what areas where the police patroling and what us the percentage there? The statistics are to simple so there appears to be an 8 percent increase over what you believe the norm should be. Do you think this is due to racism meaning 8 percent of stops is because they are black?? Or do you think its because police patrol high crime areas? If the area they patrol is 95 percent black then it would stand to reason as high as 95 percent of their stops would be black. This would easily change the percentage of stops. Your naive if you don't believe the area they patrol will determine who they pull over.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

That is what stats do. Bolingbrook, IL is a predominantly black city as well. The MAJORITY of the white population are retirees on social security.

I'm sure the stats from my hometown will show racism as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
All I have to say to slacklives matter is Put your hands down, Pull up your pants and start acting like respectable people and you will be treated as so by police and people in general. STOP RUNNING.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The statistics are to simple so there appears to be an 8 percent increase over what you believe the norm should be.
Don't forget the 14% decrease, for whites.

Do you think this is due to racism meaning 8 percent of stops is because they are black??

Is racial profiling the same thing as racism? If so, yes, I think it is a factor.

Or do you think its because police patrol high crime areas?
You seem to be assuming that the stops were made in high crime areas.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Maybe more blacks are pulled than whites because they cant drive worth sh*t ? Maybe they get searched because its obvious they are f((ked up ? Ever think that the reason ALL numbers are disproportionate is because blacks actually do commit more crimes? Just maybe ? Just maybe the answer is so obvious ?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You seem to be assuming the white population of Ferguson is under 65, while I propose the opposite.

If I look into statistics of crimes committed by senior citizens, and I assume the white population is retired we can really skew some stats.

This is what happens when the government puts out a .gov report without every full detail available.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You seem to be assuming the white population of Ferguson is under 65, while I propose the opposite.
No, I'm not. I know that 90% of the entire population is under 65 though. I know the median age is 36.4.

If I look into statistics of crimes committed by senior citizens, and I assume the white population is retired we can really skew some stats.
Why would you assume that?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So many people defending thugs, it's incredible. Let's not skirt around the fact that a very large portion of the 'black community' has embraced thug culture, hence a crazy amount of arrests of people involved in said culture. This is common sense, those denying the reality of it, are well, in denial.

None of this denial would exist if people would just step off their political bandwagons and smell the reality.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

So many people defending thugs, it's incredible.

Who is?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The statistics are to simple so there appears to be an 8 percent increase over what you believe the norm should be.
Don't forget the 14% decrease, for whites.

Do you think this is due to racism meaning 8 percent of stops is because they are black??

Is racial profiling the same thing as racism? If so, yes, I think it is a factor.

Or do you think its because police patrol high crime areas?

Every police force in the country patrols high crime areas more than others. This is part if the politics local mayors want to lower crime so they can say the did something. So this means police are sent in to these areas more often and become a regular part if their patrol route. As such if officers spend more time there then logic dictates they will pull more people over in that area.

Since most of the time police pull someone over they either they broke a traffic law or suspect drunk driving. I don't think they care if they are black green or purple.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

No, I'm not. I know that 90% of the entire population is under 65 though. I know the median age is 36.4.

And as of 2010, 10% of the population is retired age.

How much of that percent is white?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Since most of the time police pull someone over they either they broke a traffic law or suspect drunk driving.
Are you sure about that?

I don't think they care if they are black green or purple.
I think it's you who is being naive.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join