It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

They start with a statement like this

The numbers are pretty straight forward. Numbers from the police department itself.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They start with a statement like this

The numbers are pretty straight forward. Numbers from the police department itself.

The same report using biased numbers also shows a biased precognition by saying things like this in the official report

We spoke, for example, with an African-American woman who has a still-pending case
stemming from 2007, when, on a single occasion, she parked her car illegally. She received two
citations and a $151 fine, plus fees. The woman, who experienced financial difficulties and
periods of homelessness over several years, was charged with seven Failure to Appear offenses
for missing court dates or fine payments on her parking tickets between 2007 and 2010. For
each Failure to Appear, the court issued an arrest warrant and imposed new fines and fees. From
2007 to 2014, the woman was arrested twice, spent six days in jail, and paid $550 to the court for
the events stemming from this single instance of illegal parking

Why is a government report taking a side of someone who obviously broke the law (parked illegally), ignored multiple court summons, didn't take care of personal responsibility, and cried about it.

Because the woman was black? She gets to pay tickets just like white people, but she didn't. Now the state is targeting her because she's black? No, she didn't pay tickets, and didn't show up to court. Same happens if you are white.

Or in this case I guess not and it becomes a point in a .gov report.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Also I just noticed this BIG fallacy in the report.

when, on a single occasion, she parked her car illegally. She received two
citations

You can't be ticketed twice for a single offense.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Because the woman was black? She gets to pay tickets just like white people, but she didn't.
The context of that portion of the study is about "revenue enhancement", the piling of penalties upon penalties.

Same happens if you are white.
Maybe, maybe not. That may be an assumption on your part. But it seems the chances you will be stopped are disproportionately higher if you are white. There would seem to be some inequality there, no?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In this discussion we are talking about a parking ticket. How do you get pulled over in such a fashion that you are parked?

I didn't see references to traffic stops in a first hand experience, only conjecture that "the cops stop the blacks" in the same report that sympathises with someone who didn't just pay a damn parking ticket.

I'm not gonna take this .gov report for anything. It's obviously biased. Come with actual evidence please.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

In this discussion we are talking about a decoy "demonstration"... the original post.

The point of a protest is to disrupt the normal patterns of people's daily lives to bring attention to an issue(s) that affect a large portion of the people. Mission successful.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You know what?

For whatever it's worth, I'm just gonna say...

Merry Christmas! I wish peace, joy and happiness to all! May everyone, and I mean EVERYONE have a wonderful and joyous holiday!

That is all.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Marine1989

Your people? My people? Last I checked police have been abusing power against all people.

Equally?

Seriously you are going to argue abuse of power only has legitimacy if it is equal, otherwise it's racism. Why make the split,are white people who are killed unarmed, or abused in a some manner by police less important? why is this nuance something you insist on, it's devicive.Somethings I find you to be informed and appreciate your posts, regarding politics not so much.

When something like cops killing people of one skin color in a higher percentage than other skin colors, how isn't it about race? Abuse of power in higher percentages among black people isn't some form of racism?

racism play noun rac·ism ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

Webster's Dictonary

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Black lives BARELY matter.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flux8

Basically, the "decoy demonstration" was just so they could have a chance of succeeding with their main demonstration, so the message the decoy sent was something more like, "Hey, we're interrupting the shopping that's already annoying because everyone else is here too in order to cause a diversion."

They weren't trying to make any of the shoppers understand anything. They just wanted to shut down the airport and figured that diverting attention to the mall might be enough to let them shut the airport down. So the shoppers were inconvenienced for no reason at all.

It's like when the presidential motorcade rolls through your town at rush hour.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flux8

I believe my reply was directed to a conversation with Phage regarding a report he provided me as evidence of racism.

It was quite biased for a .gov doc.

This guy uses statistics too, but it doesn't favor BLM
link

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

When most blacks are killed by other blacks, is that evidence of racism?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What does that have to do with more black people being killed by police than white people being killed by police when both are in similar/same situations?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd say yes blacks will be pulled over more often then whites. I don't believe it is due to police prejudice since bzlack officers do it as well. I think the answer is much simpler. Police patrol high crime areas more then they do urban areas. Blacks have a much higher percentage in these areas mainly inner cities. Meaning they do indeed get pulled over more often. Until drugs are removed from the picture stats will always be determined by many factors. Is race one of them maybe for some but I'd say most officers its not even considered.

Look at the death in DC the person they were trying to charge was a black police officer. In fact in areas like DC and baltimore most officers are black. Yet we hear somehow they profile blacks. Think it could be they are just a majority of the population in those cities??

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You have established correlation, but is there direct causation?

link   

I believe my reply was directed to a conversation with Phage regarding a report he provided me as evidence of racism.

No. The report was presented as evidence of unequal treatment by the police. In particular, the fact that a disproportionate number of blacks were being pulled over as opposed to whites. Numbers provided by the police department itself.

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think its hard for a lot of people to wrap their heads around how that works. To many, they've never been pulled over twice as often compared to friends of another ethnicity. They haven't lived it, so they can't even imagine it -- let alone believe it's a real phenomenon. To some, they simply think it's just some kind of whiny victim mentality, and they're just making it up or exaggerating.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The example used in that PDF was a lady who didn't pay a parking ticket, and because she was black apparently THAT is why warrants were issued and fines were compounded.

NOT the fact that she just didn't pay the parking ticket.

Speaking of which, it was a PARKING ticket. Usually people in their cars don't get parking tickets because they pull away. So was the car black?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The example used in that PDF was a lady who didn't pay a parking ticket, and because she was black apparently THAT is why warrants were issued and fines were compounded. The context of that case was that of fines and penalties being used as a means of generating revenue, not racism.

That is an example you provided. An example which is not really relevant. Nor was it claimed that the warrants were issued or fines compounded because she was black.

What is relevant is that blacks in Ferguson were not treated equally by the police.

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join