It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

[SNIP]

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
edit on 12/24/2015 by eriktheawful because: removed for manners.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

So basically, they are predating on people who have nothing to do with it?

Predating? You mean like going a practice date before the real thing. Or do you mean by stamping an earlier date on them. Or maybe you meant "preying upon."

‘Predate’ is the verb meaning “to happen before”. Hence, if one is writing about prey and predators, one needs to be clear about what is meant in English, by using a term such as “were preying on” as Dr Orstan suggests.

‘Predator’ and ‘predation’ are nouns that do not have a verb form in common English usage. A literal reading of the passage identified by Dr Orstan is that the snails lived before the bivalves.

blogs.nature.com...

Spare me the English lesson. I am well aware of what predatory means and yes, that was how I used it.

verb OxFord English Dictionary
[with object]

(Of an animal) act as a predator of; catch and eat (prey).

Example sentences
‘A further 13 % were predated or scavenged during the shooting season (some of which may have been shot but not picked up).’

Sorry for taking my cue from Attenborough's narration after all those years of watching nature docs. So, it's more of a British usage.

(post by Marine1989 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So, you meant "preying upon."
Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Marine1989

Your people? My people? Last I checked police have been abusing power against all people.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Your people? My people? Last I checked police have been abusing power against all people.

Equally?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marine1989
a reply to: ghostrager

Content was removed by staff.

If I showed you statistical FACTS that you are wrong, would you continue being a "keyboard warrior"?
edit on 12/24/2015 by eriktheawful because: removed mannered post

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Equally?

Only when it's convenient...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Equally?

Seriously you are going to argue abuse of power only has legitimacy if it is equal, otherwise it's racism. Why make the split,are white people who are killed unarmed, or abused in a some manner by police less important? why is this nuance something you insist on, it's devicive.Somethings I find you to be informed and appreciate your posts, regarding politics not so much.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Why make the split,are white people who are killed unarmed, or abused in a some manner by police less important?

No.
Is it unimportant that more blacks are abused than whites?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thread closed for review.....and clean up.

ATTENTION!

Listen up people!

That is ENOUGH of the insults, bickering and off topic posts about each other.

Discuss the OP topic NOT EACH OTHER!

Please remember the following:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

YOU are responsible for your posts.

Go After The Ball, Not The Player

Many of you posting here have belonged to ATS long enough to know how this works: Stay on topic. Do not discuss each other. Do not insult each other as this is NOT the Mud Pit.

If you can not post without calling someone else a name: walk away.

If you can not post in a polite manner: walk away now.

If you can not keep on topic, or insist on trying to derail the thread: You will be post banned.

We will be reopening this thread. If you can not behave yourselves here, this thread will be shut down, post removed, and in case it was not clear enough: post bans will be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

edit on 12/24/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thread is now open.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So basically, they are predating on people who have nothing to do with it?

People that shop at malls, buying expensive stuff they don't need are just feeding the system that enslaves them.

Poor cogs…

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In a country that is supposed to be based on the idea of individual liberty, who are you to determine what someone else does or does not need?

If these people felt they needed to go shopping for something being sold at that mall, how is it any business of BLM to determine that their business was any more or less important especially as their beef is against government, cops and the judiciary, NOT consumerism?

Now your argument might have more weight if we were talking about a massive protest against gross consumerism where the participants dressed as zombies.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

Why make the split,are white people who are killed unarmed, or abused in a some manner by police less important?

No.
Is it unimportant that more blacks are abused than whites?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I assume you have this data?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
You can start here:

FPD reported 11,610 vehicle stops between October 2012 and October 2014. African Americans accounted for 85%, or 9,875, of those stops, despite making up only 67% of the population. White individuals made up 15%, or 1,735, of stops during that period, despite representing 29% of the population.

www.justice.gov...

But there's quite a bit more available.

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm reading it.

I'm a bit disturbed in this official government investigation. They start with a statement like this

We thank the City officials and the rank-and-file officers who have cooperated with this
investigation and provided us with insights into the operation of the police department, including
the municipal court. Notwithstanding our findings about Ferguson’s approach to law
enforcement and the policing culture it creates, we found many Ferguson police officers and
other City employees to be dedicated public servants striving each day to perform their duties
lawfully and with respect for all members of the Ferguson community. The importance of their
often-selfless work cannot be overstated.

Then follow with conjecture like this

The causes of this distrust and division, however, have been
the subject of debate. Police and other City officials, as well as some Ferguson residents, have
insisted to us that the public outcry is attributable to “outside agitators” who do not reflect the
opinions of “real Ferguson residents.”

also stating this in direct conflict of their opening statement

Ferguson’s approach to law enforcement both reflects and reinforces racial bias,
including stereotyping. The harms of Ferguson’s police and court practices are borne
disproportionately by African Americans, and there is evidence that this is due in part to
intentional discrimination on the basis of race.

I'm almost half through. This PDF seems like it was written by Jonathan Gruber honestly though.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join