It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

and they exclude whites and other people trying to join their protest by wanting 'white free zones'.

Sounds like a pro segregation stance. 50 years ago that action had to be stopped. Guess it really wasn't that important after all.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The thing is, they do exist...

They call themselves the NRA and are probably the most influential lobbying group in DC. Conservatives love screaming about getting money out of politics, but have no qualms with the NRA lobbying and donating to campaigns.

"The NRA" is actually around four different organizations that are financially interconnected and maintain common leadership.

The primary organization is the National Rifle Association of America, a 501(c)4 organization. This is the group that maintains the spokespeople, raises the money, counts the members, recruits volunteers, and raises awareness and encourages the use of firearms. They advertise, hold conventions, convince country singers and actors to raise awareness about gun use, produce training materials and coordinate volunteers.

Within the National Rifle Association of America is the NRA Institute for Legislative Action. This is the NRA main lobbying and campaign operation. NRA-ILA maintains a staff of lobbyists to support pro-gun legislation, and runs most of the election operations for the organization, producing and buying advertisements in support of pro-gun candidates and against gun control advocates. The NRA-ILA also manages the NRA Political Action Committee, which contributes money directly to candidates.

The NRA is also connected to a 501(c)3, the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, which does pro-bono legal work for people with cases that have to do with constitutional Second Amendment rights. Essentially, if the CRDF finds a case that could lead to a new interpretation of the Second Amendment, they'll send in the cavalry and pay the bill. They're currently litigating cases in 35 states about the right to posses, use, and carry arms.

In addition, the organization is connected to the NRA Foundation, another 501(c)3 that raises and donates money to hundreds of different causes. In 2010, recipients included hundreds of organizations including outdoors groups, sportsmen's associations, state Fish & Game departments, ROTC organizations, 4-H groups, Boy Scout councils, and children's charities. Much of this went to purchasing equipment and training to encourage the recreational use of firearms.

Business Inisder

So with those various 501, 503, ect organizations -- they pretty much can buy whatever legislation or stop whatever they want. The NRA spends more than Lockheed Martin, they spend more than Google...

So, yeah. There's that.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

What are these imbeciles trying to accomplish?

They are hitting the paradigm where it hurts, corporate seasonal profits.

Remember Occupy? They had the right idea, except when they showed up at the entrance of Wall Street, they were told they couldn't occupy the building, but they could occupy a park down the street.

BLM is learning from that, good for them. They aren't going to accomplish anything by picketing, burning or protesting at police stations the Park or City Hall.

They are hitting the system where it hurts, its revenue stream. And running diversions, too. I hope it hurts.

More power to them.

Edit: They know that behind the state controlled cops and crooked politicians is big business. And they don't have to fire a shot in anger, just block an entrance or two. Brilliant.
edit on 24-12-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If a pro-gun, pro-2nd amendment group started "gun owners matter", I'm pretty sure the people who aren't gun owners and those who want more gun control would just leave them alone. Oh, they'd probably call them nuts, worry about guns going off and people being hurt -- but the vitrol, hate, fear, paranoia and disgust wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

It's be OK for one group of people to form a group to try and bring issues to light, but it wouldn't be OK for another group because their black...

Okay. Got it.

And the same people criticizing BLM are the same ones claiming that racism isn't a big deal until BLM-types come along.

You know, you don't have to agree with them -- but they're Americans and at least they're doing something. Meanwhile, most most Americans are content being "keyboard warriors" bitching and moaning behind screen names about Obama, taxes, gun control and abortion. At least these people are doing something.

I've always said, if Americans weren't so lazy -- we wouldn't be in all the messes we're in right now. People in other countries freaking riot over the price of gasoline going up a dollar. We just bitch and moan and share stupid internet memes.

Taking a life unlawfully is unlawful! Black, White, Brown, Green, and bringing up the 2nd is has nothing to do with it!

Odd how you support riots promoted by racial equality, which has gotten worse under our current "divider and chief" yet when those of this country who bring up our "Right under the Constitution" *how odd? spell check tells me I am spelling Constitution wrong* to take our country back by force if necessary, people scream "terrorist"?

Sorry, but equal rights should be just that! Equal! Got a beef with the government, as I think we all do? Take the power from them! Don't allow them to divide us as they have already done! The problem? We have been dumbed down enough by the tactics that it is easier to fight each other over Race, Religion, Sexuality etc etc... rather than being brave enough to take out the instigaters in our government.

Adults are nothing more than children when it comes to believing in the liars we have in our government that are supposed to govern!
edit on 24-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: Spelling as usual.....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So I should hold an organization that takes all the proper steps in being a legitimate, legal organization (who I will mention haven't sparked riots in America) the same as an "organization" that does the exact opposite?

I'm curious to know your interpretation of how the NRA and BLM are similar. I can bring a LOT of facts to the table how they aren't.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Think they are trying to point out vandalism is another form if terrorism. It can be but not always depends on if it is intentional.

Some kids near me recently vandalized the local park bowling area by riding on it with their bikes....it was intentional, are they terrorists?

For exmple trying to shut down an airport intentionally that is terrorism. But if a random riot broke out closing the airport the intent wasn't there. It was just a consequence of the riot. In the case of BLM they are intentionally trying to disrupt society in order to change policy. That is the very definition of a terrorist.

If bus drivers went on strike over the bus driver pay policy, and they disrupted the city center for a couple of days, delaying parent's xmas shopping, would they also qualify for terrorism under your conditions?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: dragonridr

Think they are trying to point out vandalism is another form if terrorism. It can be but not always depends on if it is intentional.

Some kids near me recently vandalized the local park bowling area by riding on it with their bikes....it was intentional, are they terrorists?

and how exactly did they vandalize the park?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So...you don't have a problem with rioting to take back constitutional freedom, but have a problem with a minority group potentially starting riots to secure their constitutional freedom to not be executed by police?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No offense to you, but I don't understand why you guys are still trying to talk sense to people.

I gave up when I realized that I was treading in to the same territory as playing chess with a pigeon.

I'm sure you know how that little saying goes?

link   
a reply to: intrptr

So basically, they are predating on people who have nothing to do with it?

Which people shopping are they targeting? Which store clerks who will most likely not be paid?

Those are the people they are "sticking it to," not "The Man."

link   

So...you don't have a problem with rioting to take back constitutional freedom, but have a problem with a minority group potentially starting riots to secure their constitutional freedom to not be executed by police?

Statistical facts flying in your face should tell you the majority of black people are murdered by (GASP) black people.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If they want to do that, then maybe they ought to riot where the police are?

Just a thought?

Instead, they riot against people and businesses who have nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No offense to you, but I don't understand why you guys are still trying to talk sense to people.

I gave up when I realized that I was treading in to the same territory as playing chess with a pigeon.

You ran out of legitimate things to say. That happens easy when defending BLM. You didn't choose to give up, you had no ammo so you had to.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Not if they go after the ones responsible for the injustice! ie government!

Why harass innocent people? Their beef is with their rulers, not the same serfs that suffer just as they do?

Why do people hate on the police when it is the lawyers and judges who defend the ones who do wrong? Who writes the laws? Who allows rogue police officers to get away with murder? S#$T rolls down hill, for us little folk living at the bottom! Why piss off those who live at the bottom as you do instead of going at the throat of the issue, ie JUSTICE SYSTEM

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So basically, they are predating on people who have nothing to do with it?

Predating? You mean like going a practice date before the real thing. Or do you mean by stamping an earlier date on them. Or maybe you meant "preying upon."

‘Predate’ is the verb meaning “to happen before”. Hence, if one is writing about prey and predators, one needs to be clear about what is meant in English, by using a term such as “were preying on” as Dr Orstan suggests.

‘Predator’ and ‘predation’ are nouns that do not have a verb form in common English usage. A literal reading of the passage identified by Dr Orstan is that the snails lived before the bivalves.

blogs.nature.com...

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To me, calling BLM racist for raising racial issues is racist in and of itself. Why are people scared of BLM? Are they truly afraid that these people saying, "black lives matter" somehow is taking value away from their own lives or something? Are people not allowed to be outraged by the events that caused BLM to form? Are these folks just supposed to sit on their hands, shake their heads and say, "well, to bad..."

Racism doesn't go away if you ignore it. Raising racial issues isn't "racist".

By the standards I'm seeing applied in this discussion, the civil rights movement should have also been shamed as being racist because those people didn't want to be segregated anymore.

I guess those in the 60's should have formed a PAC, tried to scrape money together and hire lobbyists and see if they could buy influence. If that didn't work, maybe more time and more ignoring the racism would have made it go away on its own...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The government IS the people. The government derives its power from the people. If the people allow law enforcement to do this and not take action in congress at state/federal levels -- they're conspirators. By ignoring the issues BLM wants addressed, "the people" are silently condoning the behavior.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If they want to do that, then maybe they ought to riot where the police are?

Just a thought?

Instead, they riot against people and businesses who have nothing to do with it.

I have had the very same thought. I suppose they want to take the easy route which doesn't really accomplish the goal.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: introvert

You ran out of legitimate things to say. That happens easy when defending BLM. You didn't choose to give up, you had no ammo so you had to.

Your arguments were not making sense and once you realized that the statistics I provided indicated exactly what the BLM is protesting about, you wanted to go to a case by case basis.

Completely illogical.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on 24-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/24/2015 by eriktheawful because: Removed for manners

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

BLM is a racist movement in itself. Trying to validate it any other way isn't right.

Cops aren't killing black kids, white's aren't killing black kids.

The ones that did, are being charged, so there IS justice happening.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join