It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Vector99

I'm not black. It's not my movement. I can still be supportive without co-opting it. What "our movement" means is, "don't water down our movement by co-opting it and turning it into something else like ALL lives matter."

Okay, fair enough, but there's a bit of a dichotomy here. On the one hand the BLM movement wants the movement to be blacks only, and they exclude whites and other people trying to join their protest by wanting 'white free zones'. Okay, I get the not wanting to water down their movement part. It's their movement, and their right.

However, on the other hand they gladly take Soros's money...and he's white.

Seems kind of like a double standard, don't you think?

edit on 12/24/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Makes one feel guilty calling a prostitute a whore doesn't it?

Name one country that Soros has dumped money into that is now thriving!

edit on 24-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Can you stop pointing out contradictions, the victims don't like that

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

A personal attack?? shocking....

We both know exactly why you'd be so irrational and dishonest in order to attempt to redefine a word like this, even in the face of the definitions you posted.

But that is where it's going to end, with you and similarly minded folk and no-one else. Riots will still be riots, protests will still be protests and terrorism will still be terrorism.

You're gonna have to get over your failure to vilify this group and move on....

So ridiculous lol

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You still have yet to answer a simple question.

Here's how that works, I made an observation and pointed it out with emphasis, while you STILL resort to deflection tactics, all the more completely avoiding the question.

Well here it is again since you like to deflect;

How are terrorism and riots different, in YOUR opinion. Not the definitions of either, but YOUR opinion.

Why does it matter? It does.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You still have yet to answer a simple question.

Open a dictionary....maybe you'll get one for xmas

Here's how that works, I made an observation and pointed it out with emphasis, while you STILL resort to deflection tactics, all the more completely avoiding the question.

The only 'observation' you made was to say "The only difference in the definition is political gain." completely ignoring the 'disturbance of the peace by a crowd' distinction....so very dishonest.

The only similarity is the inclusion of violence, nothing more.

Well here it is again since you like to deflect;

How are terrorism and riots different, in YOUR opinion. Not the definitions of either, but YOUR opinion.

Why does it matter? It does.

My opinion, just like your own, is irrelevant. The definitions stand on their own...they describe two very different actions. So different in fact to warrant two entirely different words and two entirely different definitions! shocking isn't it

One is a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd, the other is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.....can you see through your prejudices enough to see the differences now?

As I said, your not going to be able to label this group like this, and you're not going to change the definition of two words, its irrational and utterly utterly ridiculous.

And transparent.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Nice deflection, again...

So let me get this straight, according to YOU. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

A riot is a violent disturbance of peace by a crowd.

Terrorism is the use of violence to sway a political motif.

Does terrorism require explosives? Because I am still lacking apparently in the intellect department regarding domestic terrorism. How does "No Justice No Peace" translate to anything other than domestic terrorism, ESPECIALLY when the majority of the claims HAVE been resolved with "justice"?

Protests are one thing. Inciting violence is another. PROMOTING violence in the name of false justice, is, in my opinion, domestic terrorism.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You should let it go, hes trying to re invent words, you just cant help him.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nice deflection, again...

So let me get this straight, according to YOU. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

A riot is a violent disturbance of peace by a crowd.

Terrorism is the use of violence to sway a political motif.

Yes as per the definitions used over the past, what, 200 years or so?

Does terrorism require explosives? Because I am still lacking apparently in the intellect department regarding domestic terrorism. How does "No Justice No Peace" translate to anything other than domestic terrorism, ESPECIALLY when the majority of the claims HAVE been resolved with "justice"?

Ah so now you're abandoning your efforts to have the definition the word 'riot' to refer to terrorism? GJ

But you should ask MLK about his apparent terrorist acts if you really think that 'No Justice No Peace' translates to domestic terrorism....or maybe you're right (about the intellect thing).

Protests are one thing. Inciting violence is another.

And riots are another....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You're right

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

When is a riot a riot? When is it an act of terrorism?

Easily defined by the actions of BLM, if you can't see the difference, no attempt in me explaining it will help you.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yea lets not call an apple an apple.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think there should be a group of just as obnoxious people who taunt the BLM group as they do their sit ins ect. Give them a dose of their own tactics by talking loudly right in front of them, interrupting every time they speak, keep blocking their way every time they try to move, basically being mirror images of how they act to other people. I wonder how they would like it, especially if it's done in a satirical way. I bet they'd scream bloody murder and demand that that behavior cease. I think the only way to treat boorish behavior is by turning that behavior back onto them.
how to be annoying
edit on 24-12-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

BLM will resort to violence if they are not heard or get "disrespected"

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I think there should be a group of just as obnoxious people who taunt the BLM group as they do their sit ins ect. Give them a dose of their own tactics by talking loudly right in front of them, interrupting every time they speak, keep blocking their way every time they try to move, basically being mirror images of how they act to other people. I wonder how they would like it, especially if it's done in a satirical way. I bet they'd scream bloody murder and demand that that behavior cease. I think the only way to treat boorish behavior is by turning that behavior back onto them.

BUTTTTTT.................that would be..................Racist?

Yea, I agree. Look at Political Correctness for example. It is a time bomb that has infected damn near everyone! Left, Right, it's just a damn shame that grown ass adults have adopted political ideologies just as much as the radical religious groups. Hate is hate. No justification for it what so ever. It all ends in war!

Words and symbols? Only hurt those adults who are weak in the mind to begin with.

Kind of makes me laugh when I see people say "Humanity has evolved.".

In your dreams!
edit on 24-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You should probably supply context and sourcing for those photographs. One is of rioters in Baltimore in the wake of the Freddie Gray incident. The other is of FSA fighters in Syria. What is your point in comparing the two with no context or explanation?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If a pro-gun, pro-2nd amendment group started "gun owners matter", I'm pretty sure the people who aren't gun owners and those who want more gun control would just leave them alone. Oh, they'd probably call them nuts, worry about guns going off and people being hurt -- but the vitrol, hate, fear, paranoia and disgust wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

It's be OK for one group of people to form a group to try and bring issues to light, but it wouldn't be OK for another group because their black...

Okay. Got it.

And the same people criticizing BLM are the same ones claiming that racism isn't a big deal until BLM-types come along.

You know, you don't have to agree with them -- but they're Americans and at least they're doing something. Meanwhile, most most Americans are content being "keyboard warriors" bitching and moaning behind screen names about Obama, taxes, gun control and abortion. At least these people are doing something.

I've always said, if Americans weren't so lazy -- we wouldn't be in all the messes we're in right now. People in other countries freaking riot over the price of gasoline going up a dollar. We just bitch and moan and share stupid internet memes.
edit on 24-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Pictures say a thousand words.

Think about which picture looks worse, and then think why I posted them.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

You should probably supply context and sourcing for those photographs. One is of rioters in Baltimore in the wake of the Freddie Gray incident. The other is of FSA fighters in Syria. What is your point in comparing the two with no context or explanation?

Think they are trying to point out vandalism is another form if terrorism. It can be but not always depends on if it is intentional. For exmple trying to shut down an airport intentionally that is terrorism. But if a random riot broke out closing the airport the intent wasn't there. It was just a consequence of the riot. In the case of BLM they are intentionally trying to disrupt society in order to change policy. That is the very definition of a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If a pro-gun, pro-2nd amendment group started "gun owners matter",

If a group like you suggest came into existence, I would criticize them too. With less restraint.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join