It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BlackLivesMatter Sets Up "Decoy" Protest in Attempt to Shut Down Airport

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: Vector99

Edit to add: Those statistics come from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, not the NAACP.

The stats come from the Bureau of Justice, the spin comes from the NAACP. See how that works?

We're talking about the statistics, not any spin. You asked for stats, I gave them with no spin.

You didn't link me the Bureau of Justice website on the stats, you linked me the NAACP site.

Just think about that.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Case specific examples are not necessarily indicative of the statistics overall. You are now trying to obfuscate.

Edit to add: Those statistics come from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, not the NAACP.

So it surprises you more people in higher crime areas are arrested?? INNER CITY crime is much higher then the sub burbs. Throw in the laws like three strikes your out and they will get severe sentencing. Caught once slap on the wrist caught twice starts getting serious.A third you do serious time and should for being an idiot.
edit on 12/24/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

There is only so much ignorance I can take at one time. Not going to waste mine on circular/illogical arguments.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

you referenced Bill Cosby, nuf said. And I accept your bow-out.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Case specific examples are not necessarily indicative of the statistics overall. You are now trying to obfuscate.

So it surprises you more people in higher crime areas are arrested?? INNER CITY crime is much higher then the sub burbs. Couple of reasons for this nine if which is racial. Has to do with the death of cities as people moved out leaving only the people that couldn't afford to leave.Jobs left with them meaning now we have poor with no jobs to be had. So how do you make money well drugs of course. Throw in the laws like three strikes your out and they will get severe sentencing. Caught once slap on the wrist caught twice starts getting serious.A third you do serious time and should for being an idiot.

Have you ever lived in one of those inner cities? Have you lived the life that comes along with it? I have. Not a damn thing kept any of us in the hood other than our mentality and culture.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So it surprises you more people in higher crime areas are arrested?? INNER CITY crime is much higher then the sub burbs. Couple of reasons for this nine if which is racial. Has to do with the death of cities as people moved out leaving only the people that couldn't afford to leave.Jobs left with them meaning now we have poor with no jobs to be had. So how do you make money well drugs of course. Throw in the laws like three strikes your out and they will get severe sentencing. Caught once slap on the wrist caught twice starts getting serious.A third you do serious time and should for being an idiot.

Have you ever lived in one of those inner cities? Have you lived the life that comes along with it? I have. Not a damn thing kept any of us in the hood other than our mentality and culture.

Democrats

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: Prezbo369

ISIS might be able to pull off the occasional attack here and there, but they don't have numbers in this country. The threat is a hyped one, though it is very real.

You have no idea how ridiculous you sound do you? You compared protesters (who may or may not have a valid reason to protest) to religious extremists that behead and slaughter people by the hundreds.....

These people have the numbers and the radicalization is happening as we speak. You can post memes all you want, but your disregarding this as not an issue shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mark these words...it WILL get violent.

I get the impression that you really really want the above to be true, it's almost asthough it would validate something...

They're actually more dangerous because they help drive home the division on racial lines propaganda...ISIS attacks tend to unite the country, not divide.
They are far more dangerous, especially in the "short game" than daesh could ever think about being.

Right because everything was peachy before these protests began, black folk wernt disproportionately struck by poverty or disproportionately stopped, arrested, imprisoned etc etc

Villifying protesters in such a obviously prejudiced way just highlights what you're attempting to hide...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

I cant eat popcorn ....but I'm right there with ya!!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Villifying protesters in such a obviously prejudiced way just highlights what you're attempting to hide...

BLM is not a protest movement, it's a terrorist movement. Or do you just conveniently ignore the fact a Governor of a city had to call for a police stand-down.

Stop making excuses.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

They're protesters whether you like it or not, if they riot then etc then sure that's bad, but to call them terrorists just makes you look silly....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

They're protesters whether you like it or not, if they riot then etc then sure that's bad, but to call them terrorists just makes you look silly....

No, there is an actual definition for protesting. Not getting your way and turning violent because you didn't get your way is NOT protesting, no matter how much you like to believe it.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Black Lives Movement:

The problem is that the message that they are sending is corrupt unto itself and its motives are questionable and ultimately, what they are doing and how they are doing such, will only cause more of a rift with the rest of society.

From its inception, the very name pretty much killed it. As reminiscent from an earlier movement, some years earlier, before many of those protesting were even born: Black Power. The Black Power movement happened towards the end of the civil rights era, where the country was coming to grips with a people it tried to keep separated, and still as second class citizens. And while they wanted the power, they did what so many others did, either become political paws, or ultimately caused bandages to be put on, rather than real solution and healing. And then things calmed down.
Are there valid grievances, yes there are. However, there are several things that are hampering this movements. 1) Is the name: Black Lives Matter. If someone states All Lives Matter, that is not good enough, as they are not seeking equal treatment under the law, but to be set apart from the rest of society, and that becomes very clear. 2) With the very name, it was a losing argument, and started to get people to think and say wait a minute, why is my child’s, sibling, parent or grandparent less than yours? 3) When any other group tries to rally, march and protest with them, said persons are thrown under the proverbial bus, asked to move away and to leave the area, thus they are alienating themselves for their very own being. This pushing away, this denying those who see and want to help, the ability or the legitimacy to do such, pretty much sends a message that they fail to see, and that is that if they want support, they need the rest of society to assist in them. 3) Many of the poster people, the dead, that are often presented, unfortunately, do not have a stellar background. The media tends to paint such to make them look like a victim, however sometimes it is further from the truth.

The main problem is that the media fails to paint a very tainted picture of what all is going on, combined with fears and prejudices tend to cause a large amount of rampant speculation. Combined with some laws and policies that taint the authorities and ultimately it is a mess and a rift that is going to open up from time to time. Add in the incumbents who promise to make changes and do not, and an apathetic voting population, along with the statistics that paint a very different picture, than what they want to have shown.
Ultimately they are making all of the mistakes that they should not, and only time will tell if they are going to learn from those mistakes or continue to make them.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You must be new to the planet.... sure they get violent, it happens quite often during protests. They're still not terrorists, that's completely ridiculous....
edit on 24-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Going on 40 years new. Calling a pile of # covered in whipcream doesn't make it a cake.

I'm really not sure who was born yesterday..

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Going on 40 years new. Calling a pile of # covered in whipcream doesn't make it a cake.

So how come you weren't aware that protests can get violent?....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: ghostrager

When a group uses this person as their poster child, what can you really expect?

It's been proven many times this photo is not Michael Brown, but the fact that you make this story about Michael Brown tells me everything I need to know. This website is on a fast track to becoming another GLP filled with anti-muslim anti-white rhetoric. It's old now.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

They should change their name to ONLY BLACK LIVES MATTER.

Weird considering over 70% of the protesters are actually white, if video and pictures of all these protest are any indication.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So how come you weren't aware that protests can get violent?....

Because once a protest turns violent it no longer is a protest? I mean really Do I have to spell it out that clearly for you?

Crime is crime no matter the veil you hide it under.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The Black Lives Movement:

The problem is that the message that they are sending is corrupt unto itself and its motives are questionable and ultimately, what they are doing and how they are doing such, will only cause more of a rift with the rest of society.

From its inception, the very name pretty much killed it. As reminiscent from an earlier movement, some years earlier, before many of those protesting were even born: Black Power. The Black Power movement happened towards the end of the civil rights era, where the country was coming to grips with a people it tried to keep separated, and still as second class citizens. And while they wanted the power, they did what so many others did, either become political paws, or ultimately caused bandages to be put on, rather than real solution and healing. And then things calmed down.
Are there valid grievances, yes there are. However, there are several things that are hampering this movements. 1) Is the name: Black Lives Matter. If someone states All Lives Matter, that is not good enough, as they are not seeking equal treatment under the law, but to be set apart from the rest of society, and that becomes very clear. 2) With the very name, it was a losing argument, and started to get people to think and say wait a minute, why is my child’s, sibling, parent or grandparent less than yours? 3) When any other group tries to rally, march and protest with them, said persons are thrown under the proverbial bus, asked to move away and to leave the area, thus they are alienating themselves for their very own being. This pushing away, this denying those who see and want to help, the ability or the legitimacy to do such, pretty much sends a message that they fail to see, and that is that if they want support, they need the rest of society to assist in them. 3) Many of the poster people, the dead, that are often presented, unfortunately, do not have a stellar background. The media tends to paint such to make them look like a victim, however sometimes it is further from the truth.

The main problem is that the media fails to paint a very tainted picture of what all is going on, combined with fears and prejudices tend to cause a large amount of rampant speculation. Combined with some laws and policies that taint the authorities and ultimately it is a mess and a rift that is going to open up from time to time. Add in the incumbents who promise to make changes and do not, and an apathetic voting population, along with the statistics that paint a very different picture, than what they want to have shown.
Ultimately they are making all of the mistakes that they should not, and only time will tell if they are going to learn from those mistakes or continue to make them.

The problem is that people you like label any black person speaking up for themselves as "black lives matter". Just another way for the media to divide and conquer.

Why is EVERY "black" protest called black lives matter? This tag didn't even exist 2 years ago, and 2 years ago we didn't call every black protest one name, there are MANY different types of movements for MANY different ethnicities, this is about human rights period.

It's sad how people on this forum who once seemed intelligent and enlightened have been brainwashed beyond recoverable margins.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

When a group uses this person as their poster child, what can you really expect?

It's been proven many times this photo is not Michael Brown, but the fact that you make this story about Michael Brown tells me everything I need to know. This website is on a fast track to becoming another GLP filled with anti-muslim anti-white rhetoric. It's old now.

Your response tells me you have NOT read the entire thread, and just jumped from first to last page.

Read up.

Now that you maybe have, can you edit that pic out please. I can't time ran out.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join