It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALLY heavy rain/lightning in SC tonight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Happy Holidays everyone! We had big lightening in Columbia tonight! The whole porch is wet from humidy floating around. I need a power soft bleach wash person to do the house outside. Mildew is growing like crazy. I miss the seven year drought we had. I hope the first week in January we get cold dry air. The creek is looking like flood stage again after the hurricane that came here this fall.

Merry Christmas from Camden tonight! The rain has stopped for now, but it was a balmy (muggy) day. Happy Holidays to all!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm 49 and lived most of my life in the Carolina's and it is unusual to have this much heat lasting several days in late December. I remember one to 2 days sometimes but not several and in the mid to upper 70's. I see cold air out west so I guess it's building up getting ready to spread east.

We might be wishing for some of this warm weather in another month.
With the climate treaty almost every nation signed off on, I read nations will need to come up with ways to reduce carbon in the atmosphere instead of just decreasing carbon outputs. Maybe someone will experiment with carbon absorption by using iron ore powder in the ocean to use rapid plant growth to absorb it. The other alternative is that nations ignore the treaty. I really do not believe global warming is the biggest threat to our nation right now though. There are so many ways our planet could be plunged into a disaster it's not funny.
I would like it to be cooler though. I have heard of no experiments to reduce carbon already in the environment.

<< 1   >>

join