It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India and Russia about to sign the largest energy and defence deal of the decade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And it is not only about defence, its about trade, anti terrorism and most important energy i.e oil and gas. India is the 3rd largest oil user in the world after China and US. Russia recently signed the largest gas deal with China and now again one of the largest deals of the decade with India. And whatever sanctions Russia put on EU and the US can be negated by importing those items from India and China. Moreover I doubt these deals will be in US dollars. We are seeing a new world order rising in front of our eyes.

Modi is expected to confirm India’s sale of Russia’s advanced S-400 Triumf missile defense system. India will become the second buyer of the advanced platform after China. Beyond defense, Modi is expected to leave Moscow with new agreements on nuclear energy and trade.

Also, on the table during Modi’s visit are going to be preliminary discussions on a proposed gas pipeline between India and Russia, via China

I doubt the anti Russian sanctions will have any effect as long as China and India keep propping up Russia.

Modi Seeks Russian Crown Jewel in Decade's Biggest Defense Deal

With China Slowdown, Russia Looks To India​
edit on 23/12/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
More about the latest deals.

Looks like India will be buying up Russian oil fields.

OVL, the overseas investment arm of India's state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), had on September 4 signed Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) and Shareholders Agreement (SHA) with Vankorneft, a unit of Rosneft that is the developer of the Vankor oil and gas condensate field in Turukhansky district of Krasnoyak Territory in Russia. The field, which has recoverable reserves of 2.5 billion barrels, will give OVL 3.3 million tonnes per annum of oil production.

ONGC Videsh's $1.26 Billion Vankor Stake Buy Pact to be Signed Thursday
edit on 23/12/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Well this should rattle a few cages.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I wuz wondering this while ago, like why not ha? Make a real coalition with rest of the world, if west want to play games then perhaps others want to grow together? It seems like they are going with the growing path and that is great.
Add Africa and hopefully great part of ME and perhaps Europe would start to rethink their best interest for change, those old timers in EU leadership sure might slow their countries best interest but eventually they would have to start rethink their position in Americas NWO.
For now this might be real good news but ofc its to be seen how it will actually go down in years to come.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I would like to add:

India recently joined China and Russia led SCO.

Russia and India are founding members of the Chinese led AIIB, which looks to rival western banking institutions.

China, India and Russia share the same outlook for Syria, i.e Assads rule.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
And it is not only about defence, its about trade, anti terrorism and most important energy i.e oil and gas. India is the 3rd largest oil user in the world after China and US. Russia recently signed the largest gas deal with China and now again one of the largest deals of the decade with India. And whatever sanctions Russia put on EU and the US can be negated by importing those items from India and China. Moreover I doubt these deals will be in US dollars. We are seeing a new world order rising in front of our eyes.

Modi is expected to confirm India’s sale of Russia’s advanced S-400 Triumf missile defense system. India will become the second buyer of the advanced platform after China. Beyond defense, Modi is expected to leave Moscow with new agreements on nuclear energy and trade.

Also, on the table during Modi’s visit are going to be preliminary discussions on a proposed gas pipeline between India and Russia, via China

I doubt the anti Russian sanctions will have any effect as long as China and India keep propping up Russia.

New world order? Doubt that.

India will be getting that oil at current prices, otherwise, they wouldn't be doing the deal.

That price is way below survival prices for Russia....unless Russia has two sets of prices, the second kicking due a huge escalation in the ME that drives the prices way up...instigated by Putin...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Well consider this:

We are seeing the foundations of a rival to NATO in SCO.

We can see AIIB as a new rival to western banking institutions that control the world.

Thirdly Iran, Russia, China and India trade goods, oil and gas in local currencies and not the US Dollar.

Russia is actively taking part militarily in the middle east. Stopped the Ukraine revolution dead in its track. All the while it was under western sanctions. That itself shows that we already have a multipolar world. Now its stronger than ever and will be so in the future.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Well consider this:

We are seeing the foundations of a rival to NATO in SCO.

We can see AIIB as a new rival to western banking institutions that control the world.

Thirdly Iran, Russia, China and India trade goods, oil and gas in local currencies and not the US Dollar.

Russia is actively taking part militarily in the middle east. Stopped the Ukraine revolution dead in its track. All the while it was under western sanctions. That itself shows that we already have a multipolar world. Now its stronger than ever and will be so in the future.

Perhaps your right.

My belief is no order or group is ever fully monolithic. Take China and India, both HUGELY benefit from the current oil glut. Russia suffers to desperation, this is not lost on any of them.

Any agreement on oil sales will go down with the first flush if those prices are higher than the 'other Orders' prices.

The Russians make this deal out of desperation, from what I can see. The U.S. has, I believe, ended the ban on the export of crude from the U.S.. Norway is now a huge producer. That all equals less and less leverage for Russia over the EU..

All in all, not that big a deal...yet. The ME drama hasn't played out...
edit on 23-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is hardly India and China propping up Russia in fact they both have been taking advantage Russia's poor state with these deals. In fact it is really surprising how little trade goes on between Russia and India after all these years Russia is not even in the top 20 with about 10 billion in trade between the two. So this is no answer to Western sanctions. Where India has 60 billion with the US and 70 billion with China. Of course Russia has lost lots of its arms market in India to the US and France and Israel as well. Mostly do to India's dissatisfaction with what Russia has been delivering. And with things with China heating up India is prepping to be in a major position to contain China along with Japan and the US.

Russia had to get this deal done or risk being completely shut of India who has signed much larger deals with the US and Japan in the last year and is about to with the EU as well. In particular scaring Russia are the defense agreements Japan and the US. The agreement is for 10 years that includes joint Aircraft Carrier and aircraft development. Something China is not happy about.

Russia is trying to hold on to what little it has left but, between the West and China it is fighting a losing battle. India and Vietnam have turned towards the US to counter China leaving Russia in a position at some point to chose going up against China or losing all influence in Asia. Of course China's loans, trade deals and defense deals with Ukraine might make the choice easier for Russia down the road.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yes I understand what you are trying to say, India makes deals with the West, Japan and then goes ahead and makes 'the largest deal of the decade' with Russia. Few years back they bought an aircraft carrier from Moscow. India is playing a cunning game here. They are keeping everyone as their 'friend' while giving Russia a bit more than the rest.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is the exact kind of counter-balance we need to continue seeing.

BRICS is no joke and when it comes to the Globalists with all of their nefarious plans for the people of earth it is good to see that BRICS members continue to strengthen ties.

Considering that the Oligarchs of the west continue attempting to bring about their NWO, it gives me great hope knowing that they do not control everyone and those they do not control are implementing some very smart plans!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Yes I understand what you are trying to say, India makes deals with the West, Japan and then goes ahead and makes 'the largest deal of the decade' with Russia. Few years back they bought an aircraft carrier from Moscow. India is playing a cunning game here. They are keeping everyone as their 'friend' while giving Russia a bit more than the rest.

The largest deal of the decade is simply PR. It is a 7 billion dollar deal. India made a 6 billion dollar on with Israel in May. And has made 10 billion dollars in deals with the US this year through the new 10 year defense agreement. That of course is more than what they are buying from Russia but, it is a series of deals not a single one. So the entire largest deal of the decade is more of Russian PR boost for home. Indias main threat is China and its ally Pakistan. Pakistan they can handle so everything they are buying now is to deal with China.

India inviting Japan to joint US Indian naval exercises in defiance of China made it clear that India is not lying down for China. The new trilateral between India, US, and Japan with Vietnam, Philippines and Australia as partners has become the cornerstone of India's defense policy. It will buy arms from Russia but, it is not going to wait for Russia to chose between China and India when it has a much more willing and powerful option.
edit on 24-12-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
This is the exact kind of counter-balance we need to continue seeing.

BRICS is no joke and when it comes to the Globalists with all of their nefarious plans for the people of earth it is good to see that BRICS members continue to strengthen ties.

Considering that the Oligarchs of the west continue attempting to bring about their NWO, it gives me great hope knowing that they do not control everyone and those they do not control are implementing some very smart plans!

BRICS? This is about China vs India. And how India is not going to wait to chose between China and India and thus has moved to ally with the US and Japan. And how Russia is trying to hold on to some of that arms market, something I am sure China is not happy with. BRICS has been a massive failure. Its has failed to deliver a single trade agreement and its members economies have gotten worse since it was founded.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well, take a look at this:

• India and China held 2 joint military exercises this year itself.
  • India and China signed deals worth $22bn this year.
  • India is the largest investor in the Chinese AIIB bank after China itself. Moreover it will hold the first presidency of the BRICS bank.

Surely they dont look like enemies to me. I dont know wheather the west should consider India its ally or its enemy.
edit on 24/12/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The 'biggest defence deal of the decade' just got even bigger.

Indian shipbuilding company has signed a deal for $10 billion with Russia to make 4 frigates, refit and modernise others.

Reliance Defence has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Russia’s largest shipbuilder, United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and Rosoboronexport with an aim to get $10 billion worth of business in manufacturing, refitting and modernisation of surface vessels for the Indian Navy. According to sources, the agreement has a time horizon of 15 years and focuses on modernisation and refitment of all Russian origin surface warships of the Indian Navy at Reliance’s newly acquired facility in Pipavav. The proposal is one of the many points on agenda during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Moscow visit.

link
edit on 24/12/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

BRICS? This is about China vs India. And how India is not going to wait to chose between China and India and thus has moved to ally with the US and Japan. And how Russia is trying to hold on to some of that arms market, something I am sure China is not happy with. BRICS has been a massive failure. Its has failed to deliver a single trade agreement and its members economies have gotten worse since it was founded.

That reads like a report written up to ease the minds of the elite that have controlled the worlds economy for the last century. The methodology that has been employed by the World Bank, IMF, FED and BIS is clear. They have robbed much of the world with their "lending" practices.

In the face of this, BRICS came into existence and represents over half the worlds population and they have plenty of reason to work together, as opposed to compete amongst themselves.

Time will tell and I think you may be surprised by how little of a failure BRICS turns out to be!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
RT is reporting possible deals amounting to $150 Billion. It also states that India will join Russia in oil explorations in the arctic.

Russia, India expected to agree deals worth up to $150bn

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

... and then goes ahead and makes 'the largest deal of the decade' with Russia.

Beyond the hyperbole, what exactly is the "largest deal of the decade"?

India is a developing country and the largest democracy. It is also a direct competitor to China. From an economic standpoint India is limbering up to become the "new" China, alongside rapid economic development.

There's more to life than buying some fancy defence kit. The real power is trade of "the every day". As a trading partner, India exports and imports little with Russia. A Free Trade Agreement will help, but will it really make an impact worth writing home to Mum about? No.

Russia is behind South Africa as a trading partner, and they are 22nd. The biggest trading partner, where India benefits (i.e. exports to the country exceed imports) is the USA. India's colours are nailed to the mast of the West.

I have a lot of time for India. I know some Indians and am optimistic for India's future as a democracy. Just wish they would sort out their sanitation and cultural misogyny.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
India is hedging for the future.
Although the US leads the way in fields such as tech and engineering, It views the USA as a predatory nation in rapid social, moral and economic decline.
Unless circumstances change with Pakistan, which I highly expect ,India will continue its neutrality while teasing the USA and Russia to it's advantage.

edit on 24-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In recent days the USA has been attempting to alter international political balance by trying to create a rift between Russia and India. These ops orchestrated mostly by Obama are doomed to failure in the immediate future. Blackmail of India and various terrorist provocations against that country will result by the end of this summer in the strengthening of the asian triad: Russia-India-China rather than in a new ally for lame duck Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join