It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Conducts Secret Nuke Experiments..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Egypt was determined to have conducted nuclear experiments over the last 20 years in activities concealed from the International Atomic Energy Agency. U.S. officials said the IAEA has found evidence of secret Egyptian nuclear experiments believed to have begun in the 1980s and continued through 2004. Agency sources said the evidence was found in inspections conducted by the IAEA in both Egypt and Libya over the last year.
"The Egyptian nuclear activity is not something we welcome," a U.S. official said. "But it did not cross any line in terms of Egypt's commitment to the NPT [Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty]."
[On Wednesday, Iran agreed to allow the IAEA to inspect the Parchin military complex about 40 kilometers southeast of Teheran, suspected of having harbored a nuclear weapons program. Agency director-general Mohammed El Baradei said inspectors could arrive in Parchin over the next few weeks.]
more news still to come...

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Horus_Re]

Edit: Fixed Caps Lock Title

[edit on 6-1-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im not a Moderator, but this has already been discussed, so remember to always use the search function before posting a new topic.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As if it's in the right forum you might have a point ,but this has just been released 25min ago,so I don't see how it could have been discussed befor..maybe as a possiblety,Now It's A FACT....

Thanks for you feedback anyways ..mate..

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Do you have a link or souce for you quotes and information?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yes a link would be very helpful

i havent found a news article on CNN or sbcyahoo news for this particular issue

very interesting indeed

as long as they dont cross the nuclear nonproliferation treaty they are ok for the most part

the treaty is there for a reason to keep nations from making nuclear weapons

it is alarming how easy it is for poor nations to conduct such expierments

did they have any assistance in their nuclear expierments?

if so, who helped them? Russia? China? USA? france? brit? india?

if they were in fact assisted in this; whatever faction aided them should be scolded because

Theres no Reason for anyone to be making nuclear technology
we should be Getting rid of it

look at russia and USA, they have been downgrading their arsenals slowly
salt and salt2 (strategic arms limitation treaty)
everyone else should follow suit, and we should get rid of this technological abomination

good thread

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity... is the U.S. in compliance with the nuclear nonproliferation treaty?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You should here about it tommorow..trust me..I got it from a very reliable source,but then again I have a membership....if I was to give you a link all you'de see is your visa card popping up and a registration form.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
OK..I found another source just for you highly interested guys..

Egypt tests Nukes in France &..

So does this mean it's official now..

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
As if it's in the right forum you might have a point ,but this has just been released 25min ago,so I don't see how it could have been discussed befor..maybe as a possiblety,Now It's A FACT....

Thanks for you feedback anyways ..mate..

I make the mistake of double posting every so often... and so I wouldn't be a stickler for double post rules if it wasn't for the fact that almost every breaking story I post gets little attention for days and then is double posted by someone else (Ironically, I complained to someone else two weeks ago about their doubleposting me, only to double post them... only to realize later that their original thread was a double post of something I did months ago).

I believe that I need to work on either sexier or more dramatic titles.

Anyways, here's the thread I started several days ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to keep discussing this here, though. I'm not concerned about ats points and stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well only in your dreams Eh!! don't think so..check this..
Egypt Said to Run Nuclear Tests With Possible Link to Weapons
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 5, 2005
VENNA, Jan. 4 - The International Atomic Energy Agency has found evidence of secret nuclear experiments in Egypt that could be used in weapons programs, diplomats said Tuesday.The diplomats said that most of the work was carried out in the 1980's and 90's but added that the agency also was examining evidence that suggested some work was performed as recently as a year ago.
Egypt's government denied that it has been pursuing a weapons program, saying its nuclear program was for peaceful purposes.But one of the diplomats said the Egyptians "tried to produce various components of uranium" without declaring it to the United Nations agency, as they were required to under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
Check the dates...

OOops another

new topics

top topics

join