It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

In Special Honor Of Those Who Are No Longer With Us On Christmas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:17 PM
There are so many of us who have lost loved ones through the years. I thought it would be nice to have a special thread to share our thoughts and love with them on Christmas.

To my beloved Mother who passed away in October...This will be our first year without you and I wanted you to know just how much you are loved and missed. I thank you for all the beautiful memories, your love, thoughtfulness, generosity, humor and yes even the tears we have shared together. I could never thank you enough for all that you have done and for all that you have been. Words could never express my gratitude for having such a wonderful Mother. Merry Christmas in heaven! You will be in our hearts and our thoughts on Christmas and always.

To Dad I wish you the same and have always remembered you for all the same reasons. You have been without Mom for 8 long years and now you are together where you belong. I have never in my life known a love as deep and beautiful as the one you and Mom have shared, truly an inspiration to all. Love to you and Mom always!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
To my grandmother who passed away from Alzheimer's 2 years ago, I love you Nonnie.

To my friend Carlton, from college, who passed this year, I am so glad you got to direct Our Town, finally. You will be missed.

To my friend Dana from college, who passed away this year from a life of health problems, you will be missed- you were always 'the listener' and a shoulder to cry on.

To my excellent, awesome friend Angela, who passed from a heroin overdose this summer, waaaay too young- your sunshine, grace and class will always be remembered.

Thank you for making this thread Night Star.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:51 PM
a reply to: Night Star

My grandfather, who taught me politics, history, or at least the importance of the same.

My buddy James, who was swept off a cliff while on holiday by a freak wave, thirteen or so years back. No one knew how to remove their leg hair using a can of deodorant and a lighter with the same comedic flair as you dude.

requiescat in pace you crazy SOB.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
To my dad who passed away 5 years ago: I love you, miss you, and think about you every day.

I want to thank you for all the great lessons you taught me and the love you showed me while you were here with us. It's been a hard couple of years but you always taught me that if I fought through trouble I would always come out on the other side a better person. While I'll never totally get over your passing, it has gotten easier to cope with over the years and that lesson you taught me has helped me so much here recently with other troubles I've been going through. Thanks to you I learned to never give up.

Merry Christmas wherever you are! I'll see you soon.

edit on 12/23/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
Christmas is probably a hard time for those who have lost a love one during the year. My thoughts are with you also.

Good thread Nightstar.

My father died on Christmas day back in 73 and Christmas has special meaning to me. It was the day that his suffering finally ended.

We tend to get so wrapped up in Christmas that we forget about those people.
edit on 23-12-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
My dad. It will be two years this early Christmas morning. I miss you tons, Dad, but I'm glad you got your relief!!

My mom and two of my sisters. 2006, 2007, 2013. I miss all of you, too!

Thanks for opening this thread, Night Star!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your parents.
My condolences on the loss of your mother. Mine passed just after Thanksgiving, 1979 and my Dad followed her just 13 months later. They were about a week from their 50th wedding anniversary. They were my role models for how a marriage should work, an unshakable partnership.
This year I've lost another anchor in my life, my ex-mother-in-law. Despite the fact that I divorced her son she was always there for me. She never changed her treatment of me just because I couldn't live with her son. She's gone to be with her Beloved now and what a happy reunion that must be! Not only did they treat me like a daughter but also accepted and loved my stepchildren right along with those connected by blood.
When my girls (her granddaughters) went to her house to clean out her closets they found that she had already done her Christmas shopping and had all the presents, including cards with cash inside, stashed in a closet. So even though she's not physically with us she will still be passing out presents!
Three years ago I lost one of my best friends on Christmas day. Damned cancer!
We will be honoring and saluting all of them when our families get together over the coming days and weeks. There is always a touch of sadness but far more laughter than tears.
On the other hand, a dear friend's Mom, who is 94 will be celebrating with us this year, something we never dreamed would happen this time last year. Just after Thanksgiving last year she went into a decline that her doctor said would take her within a month. She lingered in a sort of between world, sometimes recognizing us, sometime not, very weak and confused. The doc finally removed a couple of the meds he'd had her on and she made an almost miraculous recovery. She is very frail but her mental facilities and sense of humor are back.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM

You must know that you are a special human.

To the woman who raised me, Mom. I still can't believe you are not here even though I know you are in a better place. You were my entire world for so many years and I am still rebuilding. We all are.

To the woman who gave me life, Rose, you left with my Mom. Oh, a few months later but, you had to take the journey with her. Your destinies were entwined the moment that you met. It was the way it was always meant to be.

My sister in law. You struggled for so many years. You left this life the way you lived it. Hard and fast and I am sorry that I didn't answer the day you called. Your last day on this earth. I hope you have found your peace. AND lots of fur babies AND I hope all the flowers there are purple!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
To myself : Let it go man.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
To the mother I never got the chance to know. I hope I get the chance some day. We have a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM

Sorry for your loss, Night Star...beautiful tribute to her.

My beloved grandmother passed away 4 years ago, always especially miss her this time of year. The holidays aren't the same without her. She was notoriously late, we would have to tell her to be somewhere 2 hours before the festivities started and maybe she would be on time, lol. She was a beautiful, strong independent woman who showed me that I could do anything by just working hard for it.

My father in law passed away when my husband was 10, never had the opportunity to meet him but know he's there in spirit.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:36 PM
Today is the anniversary of his death.RIP Capital STEEZ. 93 til infinity.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
Thank you for this thread Night Star. My Mom just passed away on December 3rd, so this hit home so very much! I am so empty that I don't have much to say other than you will be so missed Mom and we will love you forever.

Thanks again and may everyone have MUCH happier holidays than our family is going to have...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
Although I know none of you, for what it's worth, my thoughts and prayers are with you all and your loved ones.

Five years ago, shortly after losing someone remarkably close to me, I had a conversation with a Deacon at my Church and he explained something that I often think about when I'm missing those who have crossed over.

(I apologize in advance because this will not come out as eloquently as it was told to me).

Essentially, time in Heaven is nothing at all like time is on Earth. Basically, although deaths are separated by months or years here on Earth, we all reach Heaven at the same time. Although we miss our deceased loved ones for the rest of our lives, when we reunite with them in heaven, from their perspective, it would have only been moments since they last saw us. They wouldn't of had time to miss us.

I find that sentiment so comforting. Although I hate the feelings I have when my mind drifts into that dark, dreary, sad state of missing those that are gone (particularly at times like now when the Christmas tree is all lit up and filling the room with a soft, colorful glow), I'm so grateful that if anyone is going to do the suffering and go through the hurt... I'm glad its me and not them.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:10 AM
Please know that my heart goes out to each and every one of you who has loved and lost someone special in their lives. I am sure that they are wishing us love and light, peace and joy at this time and always. I have cried reading these posts, and I have smiled as well, knowing that we have come together and have been able to share our thoughts and memories of so many wonderful souls. Thanks to all of you who have shared with us so far.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:58 AM
To my precious children. Mommy misses you so much. I wish I could learn how to face this time of year without you. I see no point in celebrating without you, so I will honor your memories instead.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:16 AM
... I can't write this without crying ..

Merry Christmas and My Love Forever to the Mother of my daughter.. You moved on A Week Ago Last Year and I don't know how I made it this far without you by my side. You were the only Person I EVER Loved Unconditionally an Felly/Myself miss you more than I know how to express... Until I make it where you are, I'll always feel empty inside...

Rest In Paradise Joce,the world isn't worth living in without you, but I'll stay strong an carry on for as long God wishes. I'll sing your praises and try to raise Felly as best as I can....Until We're Together Again, We'll ALWAYS Love You....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:41 AM
To me Mam, the hole she left in me when she passed will never be filled! I died with her that day! she was and always will be my Heroine!

I Love You, and I know I'll see you again!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
a reply to: valiant

my husband......almost 3 years ago.....last year my life long friend (was always like a sister)..... cancer....miss them both
, they were the best!!!....this is a lovely thread!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM

To my dear sister who left us last march. It was way too soon for you to go. I miss you so much...

You were always my memory, you could always remember all of the stories from when we were little. I'm really bad that way but you knew that and you compensated for it. I loved the way you and I had our own humour, our own understanding of each other and the ones around us. We had a bond that can never be replaced. It was a connection that I wasn't ready to lose at all. You were supposed to be here with me to endure the storms of ages even after mom and dad will be gone.

I guess there's no other way now. I guess I'll have to accept things the way they turn out to be. I guess this hole in my heart will grow a little less big over time.

I miss you, I love you and you will forever be in my heart and in my thoughts big sis !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>