It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Conservatives are angry for all the wrong reasons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:03 AM

originally posted by: ketsuko
Your ideas are not the new things you think they are and they failed before.

They failed because of the conservatives that went out of their way to put a stop to those changes or made sure that those changes didn't work. Bitterness, jealousy and fear at work again.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
a reply to: theMediator

Uh-huh ... not really. In some cases, those ideas were tried in totalitarian countries, just like the practice of scapegoating which is also as old as the pantheon on failed ideas that just won't die.

edit on 24-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM

originally posted by: muse7
I have heard plenty of times that conservatives are angry at the establishment, and want to send a message this upcoming election. But have you ever stopped to think about what exactly they are angry about? What has them so pissed off?

I'm only angry at people like you telling me I'm angry over statements that are nothing but red herring fallacies.

They are angry because wages are too high,

Wages are not too high and many need to be higher, and we need better jobs to allow for higher wages. This issue is that there is no such thing as a minimum wage that is also a living wage. The problem is we have a lot of skilled educated people in low wage jobs and they know they are worth more but there is no other job to be found so they want their low wage job to be a living wage job. Why are better jobs lacking? You should ask Obama about it...

Because women are able to get abortions

Except for a few religious nuts, abort all you want, hell make soup out of them. This is like the #1 fear mongering of the really "they are going to take away our right to abort!!" give me a break.. This is rather weak sauce to be the #1 but then everything else kind of leads to Obama so I guess you need to stay away from them.

Because we are letting in too many refugees

Well no, we just need to have a better system to identify the bad ones. Right now good and bad can that ok with you? I do have issues with 15 million illegals in our country and the Government not doing a damn thing to stop it or correct it.

Because too many people might get access to healthcare if Bernie Sanders wins...

He is find if he is going to destroy the insurance side of it all, but he isn't going to do that and we will see at best Obamacare 2.0. I had 6 days in the hospital at a cost of 52,000 dollars, that is the insurance umbrella ruling everything to their own prices. Do you think an MRI should cost 10,000 or a CT scan cost 5,000 I don't and Sanders isn't going to fix that and Obamacare 2.0 will cost me a ton more under the inflated system we already have.

They're also angry because blacks are going around protesting police dare they?

No I agree, Black on black crime is horrible and we need to fit it. Police brutality is out of control in parts of the country and we need to fix it. A 8 year college black (professional) student whose dad make 8.5 million per year goes on a 8 day hunger strike for all the horrors he has experienced at his college for being give me a brake.

They're angry because the government has put in place too many regulations on companies....those children need their daily dose of lead in their drinking water after all.

Nothing wrong with a little lead in the morning...really? There is a reason why the best jobs you can get is food service and other service type jobs, they can't be sent overseas...Kind of hard for a Chinese guy in China to hand you a All the other better paying jobs go over seas because it is cheaper than to keep them in the US. You know who can fix that? The government.. You know who you should ask about that? Obama... But I think Obama missed the memo since jobs in the last 8 years have been flooding overseas. So how do we fix that and bring the jobs back, you tell me?

They're pissed off because we are paying too much attention to the environment..

You need to list actual situations for a proper debate since I can't think of any offhand.

They're especially angry because we are trying to curb the effects of climate change.

Have all the fun you want with that, just don't have some goofy rich democrat that has a carbon foot print of a 100 family telling me I need to pay a carbon tax if I fart. This will cure it'self and soon the gas car will go the way of the horse as the electric car gets better and better, as example, but in the mean time we do not need to double the price of everything trying to get there before it is fully feasible.

It's time we stop romanticising the rights anger at the establishment, they are pissed off at all the wrong reasons.

It is time for the left to come up with new stuff for all this is old and

edit on 24-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
This thread is no different than any other liberal straw man thread/tactic. Tell us how we feel or what we think, then attack us for it. Its lame and rampant on public forums.

Irregardless of what anyone else in any party thinks, I:

do not like big government. States should have more control and answer to their constituents.
am angry at corrupt politicians. It is not fair to count Trump among them, as he is not a politician.
am not angry about high wages, or I should say I would not be if they were high.
am pro-choice so abortion does not bother me.
am not against legal immigration. I am against illegal immigration and insufficient vetting for refugees.
am not opposed to people having healthcare. I am opposed to being forced to buy it or be fined for the inability to afford it.
am not opposed to protests. I am opposed to violent protests that end up with looting, and protests that are as racist as what they are supposed to be protesting about.
am not angry about regulations making us safer. I am very angry about regulations giving companies free reign to outsource jobs, import substandard products, cut employee hours using healthcare as an excuse.
am all for conservation but in real terms. When Al Gore flies a private jet somewhere to make a speech about global warming then switches to a smart car for the last few miles of the trip - that makes me angry. If he doesn't take global warming more seriously than that, why should I?
am the most angry at people who fall for party rhetoric, then attack the other party for falling for party rhetoric.
am angry that people who were so insistent that obama was the right choice cant admit they were wrong.
am angry that the same people who voted for obama twice will vote for hillary. Do they never learn?
am angry that every small step toward the erosion of our rights is viewed as a right wing nut job conspiracy theory.
am angry that refugees are being given homes and food while veterans are homeless and hungry.
am angry that illegal aliens can get more help in one day than a veteran can get in a year.
am angry that so many people hide behind the anonymity of the internet and complain while doing nothing IRL.
am angry that so many people think they know everything about 'the other guy' when it is clear they don't even know themselves.

I am angry, and for all the right reasons.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:48 PM
I don't know any on the right (in terms of who I actually know) that wants big government. In fact, that IS one of the things that has them peeved.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Politicians and businessmen are the same, they just have different employers.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:56 PM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Politicians and businessmen are the same, they just have different employers.

I agree with some but I have to maintain hope that it doesn't apply to all.

Of course, the employers are often the same, which is no better...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM

I know...I understand and know where you're coming from

What's sad is a lot of politicians start out as businessmen (or lawyers) and politicians also turn into businessmen...

I think part of that is due to the fact that in both business and politics you have to be good with people.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I know...I understand and know where you're coming from

What's sad is a lot of politicians start out as businessmen (or lawyers) and politicians also turn into businessmen...

I think part of that is due to the fact that in both business and politics you have to be good with people.

I used to see a real difference between business and politics. It used to be about substance. That has faded in recent years. It seems like they both use the same business model: ooooo look, something shiny.... A big flashy website will generate more sales than a good product any day of the week. Its like people who buy a bottle of wine based on how pretty the label is. That may be the extent of its appeal, but it sells anyway.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:20 AM
a reply to: muse7

It's not that Republicans, Conservatives, or whoever else you want to put on the right don't see those issues. It's that they disagree on the solutions.

Take health care for example, one side doesn't want the state involved in their health decisions, and they want to make their own financial choices. It's not that unreasonable a position really.

The only thing I've never understood from those on the right is that while they're always quick to want to keep the feds out of their lives, they're equally quick to give their state governments and their employers that power over their lives instead. It seems just a bit inconsistent.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:05 AM
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yet, all points the OP illustrates are from the mouths of GOP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>