It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man accidentally shot himself on a video call demonstrating how to properly clean a gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Must be brothers.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Accidental discharges happen all the time. Even to law enforcement.

It comes from a lack of training or a lack of respect for the firearm.

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. It is a negligent discharge.

Pcg

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wow. That whole video was nonstop hits. From start to finish it was amazing.

a reply to: Lysergic

Staaaap. The stupid, It hurts.

edit on 12 23 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Holy crap. What an idiot.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It still makes my brother and I laugh our asses off, it is the whole know-it-all set up and then *boom*.

The best part is you can see the shell being fed into the shotgun and you know it is coming.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Accidents of all kinds are happening all the time. Because nobody and nothing is perfect. Accidental shootings are still going to happen to people who are trying to be safe. Auto accidents are still going to happen to people who are making every effort to drive safely.

Auto accidents are not going to happen to people being safe. It is the unsafe idiot that causes an accident. As far as guns, this guy broke all of the rules.

Pcg

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Great video for how to not handle a firearm.

A good habit to create - keep putting your finger on the trigger and fooling around with it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

let Darwin do his thing....

Hey someone stupid did something stupid everybody come look.

I 'm half evil so this is funny to me.

any idiot can own a gun.

so WTH...hehe

Lets hit FB and find out were he's buried!! We can vandalize the grave and dance on it all night.

Party on!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That second guy may be the Bad A of the neighborhood but his mom can take him down. haha.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Awwww Jeezus, my sides are splitting here.

Laugh my ass off when that dude shoots himself. OMG can hardly breathe.

Soooo funny, Oh man. Darwin all the way.

ATS needs a forum where we can post videos of deaths and laugh our asses off.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

We've all accidentally Discharged a firearm before.

Never in my life & I shot my first rifle years before I shot my first wad, so speak for yourself pilgrim.

originally posted by: pcgamer11

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. It is a negligent discharge.

Pcg

Because it needs to be repeated.

K~

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek
I used to own an AMT Backup in 22 lr. It went off twice with no finger on the trigger while racking the slide to chamber a round. The gun was pointed safely downrange with none of my body parts in front of the muzzle. It was apparently due to a mechanical defect. The fired cartridge casings had no imprint from the firing pin in either case, and interestingly enough, did not eject. I sold the gun.

I would call that an accidental discharge. Because I followed simple and basic rules of safety, no harm came of it though.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I agree 100%. Been around guns as long as I have been alive and was taught PROPER firearm safety at about the age of 5 and I have NEVER had a gun go off unless I intended it to. As to the last poster who had the AMT backup that was discharging when I the slide came forward, I hope you gave a very strong warning that the gun was mechanically unsafe and in need of repair.

I had bought a .22 Ruger single 6 for my mother ten yrs ago or so, and one day she told me she had accidentally discharged it several times. I called my brother and had him go over and repossess that gun because she was obviously not capable of owning one. She was furious, but "several times" is several times too many IMHO. No excuse is how I feel about it as well. Basic firearm safety would prevent it completely short of a mechanical defect. a reply to: aethertek

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Coopdog

I sold it to a gunsmith and made him aware of what had happened to me with it. I even showed the one empty that I still have to prove that it was firing without the rim being struck.
He had no explanation for the discharge. I did not take much of a beating over the sale, because I owned the gun for 30 years before I sold it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No pin marking? No marks at all around the case base? Seems strange that it would discharge with out any primer deformation.

Center Fire or Rim?

K~

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Or the guy made it look like a screw up knowing his life insurance policy doesn't pay out for suicides????

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

No pin marking? No marks at all around the case base? Seems strange that it would discharge with out any primer deformation.

Center Fire or Rim?

K~

Rimfire.
.22 LR.
Not even a scratch on the base of the empty case. Plus it failed to eject in both instances. I never had a problem with failure to eject with that pistol otherwise.
It baffles me.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: aethertek

Center Fire or Rim?

K~

Rimfire.
.22 LR.
Not even a scratch on the base of the empty case. Plus it failed to eject in both instances. I never had a problem with failure to eject with that pistol otherwise.
It baffles me.

What brand of round were you using?

Was it a Thunderbolt?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thunderbolts are stamped with 'Rem' on the head. I just checked the case in question and it was some sort of Federal ammunition. Has an 'F' on the head.
I do have Thunderbolts in my ammo inventory though.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha
Exactly what the title says -

A South Florida man died after he accidentally shot himself while demonstrating the correct way to clean a gun during a video chat with a relative, authorities say.

Josmel Herrera, 43, shot himself in the chest at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday and was pronounced dead at Kendall Regional Trauma Center in Miami.

Cops responded to the home after receiving calls about a shot being fired, Miami-Dade detective Marjorie Eloi said in a news release. It is not known if anyone else was in the home at the time of the shooting.

Maybe they should bring in 'common sense' testing before selling guns to people

Link

Never lost a friend to a negligent discharge,but I lost two friends under cars,one with jackstands and one without.
Accidents happen any, mechanical device can fail or be misused.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join