It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatia "chooses" a new prime minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So we apparently got a new prime minister.

Nobody chose him ofcourse. Other people who are way smarter than us, who got vote "privilege"...chose for us.

Not that I got my candidate or anything...but this guy...doesnt even speak Croatian.

www.facebook.com...

I know..the joke went right past you. It's the language barrier.

Apparently...this guys is all for Croatian buildings...he just...loves it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

That seems like an incredible language, and yes the joke did pass me on by lol
More info puh-lease sire.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Couldn't understand a word he said, what's his dialect? is that Slovenian or Serbian.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In the Croatian Parliament, as I understand it, the Prime Minister is selected by a majority of Ministers in the Parliament. This is typical of the Parliamentary system of government. Croatians vote for a President. Did not understand the OP as not familiar with the lingo.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
sorry for the abandonment of the thread guys...not that you care

I was a bit tipsy that night...so I went straight to bed and forgot I even made it.

a reply to: ConMi27

That seems like an incredible language, and yes the joke did pass me on by lol
More info puh-lease sire.That seems like an incredible language, and yes the joke did pass me on by lol
More info puh-lease sire.

Incredibly ridiculously difficult to master for a foreigner. English is so much easier and more efficient. The joke was that the guy speaks rather poorly our native language that he mistakenly said "croatian buildings" instead of "croatian people". In croatian it's a subtle difference between words "građevine" (buildings) and "građani" (people/citizens).

You had to be there

a reply to: zazzafrazz

That was supposed to be "croatian"...had nothing to do with serbian or slovenian. That was also one point of the entire joke. To use the NBA jargon...not even close

a reply to: paraphi

In the Croatian Parliament, as I understand it, the Prime Minister is selected by a majority of Ministers in the Parliament.

Not so much "Ministers" as local representative in numbers based on number of voters for whichever local region they represent. Ministers are only appointed once the winner of the elections is known, and the party that won or a coalition (which is usually the case) appoints their people for the positions of the Ministers.

Presidential elections are, naturally, a different thing altogether, and have no bearing on the election of the government.

-------------------------------------------------

The meaning of my thread was...the man doesnt speak local all that well. He is a Canadian citizen with a permanent address in Holland, with Croatian roots. Just now moved to Zagreb (Croatian capital), upon being appointed as the Prime Minister. He is (as stated by the media) a representative of big capital.

Anyway...thank you few for participating

edit on 27-12-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hmm..

new topics

top topics

join