It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders says U.S. Fed 'hijacked' by bankers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Why is it that Sanders only gets attention on ATS...?

Because it was always known as an open minded site. Not just a right wing conservative one. Fox News and breitbart aren't the only sources some people rely upon. It has been changing in your direction though, as you regressives seem to shout the loudest, and knee jerk the hardest

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's the problem... we (net tax payers) are about to lose our status as the largest voting bloc... that distinction will soon belong to the net takers, and that will be a point of no return because nobody votes against the Meal Ticket.

It's interesting how "the takers" from your perspective are the poor who are surviving on the few scraps thrown to them which immediately go right back into the local economy and not those who are sitting on multi-billions of dollars and funneling it into tax havens whenever possible just so they don't have to put any of it back into the local economy.

To me that just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The problem today is that people are behaving like spoiled brats who have an "all or nothing" attitude. Hence we are seeing epic levels of gridlock in congress. It's not just the GOP's fault either. The Democrats have had to tighten ranks in response to all the stonewalling that's been going on.

WHAT IN THE FIDDLESTICKS HAVE THEY STONEWALLED!?!?!?! Jesus Christ, Paul Ryan just handed everything Obama wanted over to him on a platter and didn't even bother to put up the Hard to Get game Boehner offered before acceptingly bending over time after time. What gridlock? What stonewalling? Seriously, the last 4 years of GOP reps in DC have been Democrat-lite in everything but their toothless rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's simple, really... one of those groups lives off my teats against my will, the other only makes money off of me when I choose to purchase something from them. (although the insurance mandate has changed some of that...)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

a reply to: burdman30ott6

"Feel the Bern" sounds like an STD side effect... Never understood why people thought it would be a good slogan to use for him.

I suppose it makes more sense to those who aren't always focused on their crotch.

Thanks for the detrimental advice.

Feel the Bern, touch the Bern

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I've brought this up before, not on ATS, but I wish all of us middle class workers could save up for a couple of years and quit our jobs all at once. If we did that, the takers would be screwed since we're their bread and butter. We're already near a 50/50 count with them. Bernie Feely is going to have a hard time paying his voting bloc once they outnumber the middle class.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Because he has that unfortunate blend of not being establishment, not being a sensational bigot, and with ideas that rub most establishment media and politics the wrong way.

This is why he has record breaking support from everyday people and is bringing the concept of "grassroots" back into reality yet the media ignores him.

The national media definitely tosses him on the back burner.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Who cares what Sanders said. Look at the millions of great things obama said before taking office. Politicians will say anything to get in. It still amazes me that people actually get excited during election time, as if anything will ever change.

It is a game that the gullible still continue to play even when they know better. Even politicians who, at heart, have good intentions, are quickly put in their place once elected.

Pcg
edit on 23-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Always happy to help.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Because it was always known as an open minded site. Not just a right wing conservative one. Fox News and breitbart aren't the only sources some people rely upon. It has been changing in your direction though, as you regressives seem to shout the loudest, and knee jerk the hardest

Relax. The MSM gives all the attention to hillary as far as the DNC candidates go. I wasn't insulting Sanders. He just gets more attention here than any other political forum, and more than the media gives him. That has absolutely zilch to do with Fox News and Breitbart.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Mitt Romney touched on it in 2012 and a lot of people say it cost him the election. While those same people admit that he was 100% accurate, it was seen as being too divisive and too confrontational to question the takers and how the likely near-future transition of that group to the majority will spell the downfall of society, bringing about an Ayn Rand-esque nightmare scenario.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Always happy to help.

Keep your head buried in the Sanders...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's simple, really... one of those groups lives off my teats against my will, the other only makes money off of me when I choose to purchase something from them. (although the insurance mandate has changed some of that...)

I don't think you're looking at the bigger picture though. I don't know what you pay in taxes but whatever amount it may be that actually goes toward social programs allowing people to get food and aid that they need is keeping the system alive. That money, which in fact would be much less if the wealth wasn't being held captive in such large amounts elsewhere, goes right back into the system which keeps the economy functioning. They don't hoard it up. They spend it right away locally which is what is keeping many people employed. Without that redistribution of wealth happening nobody could spend money because they wouldn't have any. Jobs would vanish as well because no money would be spent. Businesses would close, town would dry up and bit by bit the economy would start to crash. With the added result that crime would skyrocket, as would violence and death and many more functions of society.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm relaxed, I have no horse in the us election race. I would never encourage people to vote either way in a foreign election. I'm just an observer of us political madness. I'm sure you guys are smart enough to vote for the best candidate.

Merry christmas

link   

Keep your head buried in the Sanders...

Will do.

You keep worshiping Trumps Stump.

link   
SOP--Stamdard Operating Platform.

Rough translation:

Lower taxes, create jobs, balance the budget.

Lower taxes for the rich, create jobs overseas, and the hell with the budget.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The MSM seemed to have wrote Sanders out of the equation from day one, but he had traction on the internet before he even announced his run for president. Even on the internet there are sites that are ignoring him and even trying to ridicule him, you know the ones.

I think we need a "just say no to Hilary" campaign to gather numbers on the supporters that will not vote for her. She knows Sanders supporters dislike her, but she does no realize how many oppose her and her policies. The more dirty she and the DNC become the more will oppose her.

Sanders supporters are commenting on pro Hilary sites and making points, her support is for her name not her actual deeds or plans. Mayday, Mayday the SS Hilary is going down

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm going to start taking inventory of everything, I think it's about time I stop being so nice...If someone visiting wants a glass of water, I'll make note and ask that they repay me in kind of the water at their earliest convenience. I'll be slapping any hand away from my movie popcorn unless they agree to provide me with the equivalent in Pepsi from their cup. I'm going to stop holding open doors too, unless the person is someone I know, we have a pre-arranged agreement that we will reciprocate door openings. It's going to be a bit tough calling telemarketers back to waste the equal amount of time they've wasted of mine though, I'm still trying to figure out how to do that...

EDIT: I actually have a friend that's almost like that. If you visit his place and say, "Hey can I have a piece of bread so I can make toast?" He will oblige and then someday, out of the blue when he's visiting say, "Hey, you remember that slice of bread you borrowed?

edit on 23-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

With the added result that crime would skyrocket, as would violence and death and many more functions of society.

So extortion? Sorry, the money I earn, what I exchange my time which I'd rather be doing something else with for, should be my own. I am all about equality and feel it should be this way for all people. The simple exceptions are common defense, infrastructure used by all citizens, education open to all, and rudimentary federal government operating expenses (stripped to the bare bones). THAT'S IT.

We have a system in which the "upper" 40% of tax payers paid 106% of all collected income taxes.... That extra 6% was to cover additional payouts and handouts to the "bottom" 47%, who are paying negative net income taxes. The middle 13% are breaking even.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Those are all voluntary gestures, though. If you bought a bucket of popcorn at a movie and some asshole stranger sat next to you and started shoving his hand into your bucket because they felt entitled to the popcorn you had paid your own money to purchase, would you be OK with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join