It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newer Sharia Nations Ban Christmas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
That was over one thousand years ago when pagan beliefs were suppressed in Europe. Native American beliefs were maybe suppressed a couple of hundred years ago. A lot has been learned since then. This is the here and now. There is no excuse for the behaviour of these sharia countries.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
That was over one thousand years ago when pagan beliefs were suppressed in Europe. Native American beliefs were maybe suppressed a couple of hundred years ago. A lot has been learned since then. This is the here and now. There is no excuse for the behaviour of these sharia countries.

I know Grumpy, I was trying to make a point which I have explained Here and Here

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
I don't get upset if someone draws a cartoon of Jesus. Anyone who gets upset if somebody makes a joke about their religion has a big problem. If god is so intelligent he can take a joke.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Could the same not be said of so called civilised western countries?

How many US states still have the death penalty? What about the right to choose on abortion in the west?

When was marital rape made illigal in the UK?

How about homosexuality laws in Scotland, when was that repealed?

Are you as forward thinking as you believe?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ismynameimportant
a reply to: crazyewok

Would Communism have spread if not for other countrys interference.

It is really debatable, it was the US installing ruthless dictators in South America that pushed many of those nations into the arms of Soviets. Before that they were just trying to nationalize.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Wipe out 90% and then feign ignorance and claim the moral highground by saying we've come a long way since then...

News flash, they're doing the same to the Middle East now for a Greater Israel.

No lessons have been learned...
Except the one "to play dumb" and deny its still happening.

There is no coincidences.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Well that's good for you, but I nor anyone is Hating anyone first of all. Secondly, you only let a dog bite you once. If you let them again they will eat you up.

edit on 23-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What is funny is the amount of people that would just LOVE to ban all that is Islam in our nation, and I bet they are the same people 'outraged' about what these places are doing.

Think there is a phrase for that...
edit on rdWed, 23 Dec 2015 17:44:06 -0600America/Chicago1220150680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Are these laws based on religion though? We have not had the death penalty in Australia for a long time. In Australia women have had the right to an abortion for a long time. I don't know about marital rape in the UK or homosexuality laws in Scotland but by your own admission the laws have been amended. As for homosexuality laws in Australia, I don't think they were enforced for many years before being repealed. I don't think lawmakers knew what to do. But as of today, how do these laws stand in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So Christians are pissed off cause Muslim dont want to celebrate a pagan holiday, color me surprised.

Anytime a relgion represses another one no matter which one we should be upset.

So your mad cause Christians are forcing xmas on muslims?

How does a voluntary celebration force anything on anyone? It s liek saying your breathing offends me so stop. And there are no forcing laws on the muslims to celebrate christmas.

Its actually th eother way around this time because they christians are being forced underground to celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Are these laws based on religion though? We have not had the death penalty in Australia for a long time. In Australia women have had the right to an abortion for a long time. I don't know about marital rape in the UK or homosexuality laws in Scotland but by your own admission the laws have been amended. As for homosexuality laws in Australia, I don't think they were enforced for many years before being repealed. I don't think lawmakers knew what to do. But as of today, how do these laws stand in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan?

appologies sir, I wrongly assumed you were from the US.

Have a look at your own countries history on these things though if you find time. This is modern history here and yes the issues I am discussing can be related to religion.

Not an insult but how long have you had these laws? how is your countries history with human rights?

Indigenious population, female equality? gender issues? are these not pretty recent in your(and others including my own) history?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: yuppa

Anytime a relgion represses another one no matter which one we should be upset.

Just like Christianity repressed pagan religions in Europe and the native American beliefs?

didnt I say ANYTIME? and NO MATTER WHICH ONE? its self explanatory isnt it?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache
a reply to: infolurker

My country Burkina Faso for example is 60% muslims and you know what,Christmas is more impatiently waited for by muslims than christians(because every christian family will cook and distributed to muslim families,the community as a whole will be visiting each other's house to make merry. And vice versa when it is Ramadan or Tabaski)
So you see we can all live peacefully together.Stop pointing out the extremists as a mirror to the majority.

Ps:And we have Sunni,Shia and Ahmaddiya all living together PEACEFULLY.

Well said exactly as it should be. Donald Trump and his supporters will have to ban all Burkina Faso citizens from entering the US in case the reasonable truth spreads.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

All I know is that women have had the right to vote since 1902 making it one of the first countries to allow women to vote. Indigenous? Well time and space doesn't allow me to even begin. But there have been rapid and massive changes to people's perception of things over the last 50 years in the entire world due to electronic media. Fifty years in the Western world is like five hundred in another era. But I understand that religion has more influence in the US than in Australia. We would have a higher percentage of atheists here than anywhere else. Most Aussies could not be bothered with any form of religion and are suspicious of it. But it is a tradition though and we like to celebrate Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Lol.

I myself was wondering when the last time the word Somalia even came across their minds.

Merry Christmas, pal.

& you Monkey. Enjoy.

Blackhawk down. Maybe if the UN would had succedded then they would not b e in this situation.

Still it is their country BUT a country thats part of the UN is NOT suppossed to inflict human rights abuse on a daily basis right?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Alot of the dead indians came from British,french an d spanish mor e so than the indian wars. And I seem to remember th e Indians took the land from a previous occupant as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

All I know is that women have had the right to vote since 1902 making it one of the first countries to allow women to vote. Indigenous? Well time and space doesn't allow me to even begin. But there have been rapid and massive changes to people's perception of things over the last 50 years in the entire world due to electronic media. Fifty years in the Western world is like five hundred in another era. But I understand that religion has more influence in the US than in Australia. We would have a higher percentage of atheists here than anywhere else. Most Aussies could not be bothered with any form of religion and are suspicious of it. But it is a tradition though and we like to celebrate Christmas.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to celabrate christmas, my point was not to you but to the community in general though is that it is easy to look down on other nations when our own cultures are barley out of training shoes.

Just because some nations have laws and views that are a few decades behind our own does not give us the right to judge.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I swear as long as Christians are the ones being mistreated atheists find no problem. Its so hypocritical

This used to really get my goat. Until I realized, with the help of an honest Atheist, that Atheist have such a hatred for Christians, that they have taken on the support of Islam, to help fight against Christianity.

They have become allies with Islam, because they see them as the enemy of their enemy, and therefore their friend.

The irony is that while Islamist may welcome their support during what they see as the battle, the head of the Atheist will be placed in the pile, right along the side that of the Christian.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Nobody here gave a # about Brunei or Somalia treating their citizens (of all Faiths) like dirt this morning...

As soon as Christmas is banned you're now up in arms.

Interesting.

Agreed. It's just like the libs in this country get all up in arms over women's rights. But they overlook women's rights when Muslim culture deem women as second class citizens by not letting them drive, blame them when ir comes to rape, honor killings, etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: JDmOKI

I swear as long as Christians are the ones being mistreated atheists find no problem. Its so hypocritical

This used to really get my goat. Until I realized, with the help of an honest Atheist, that Atheist have such a hatred for Christians, that they have taken on the support of Islam, to help fight against Christianity.

They have become allies with Islam, because they see them as the enemy of their enemy, and therefore their friend.

The irony is that while Islamist may welcome their support during what they see as the battle, the head of the Atheist will be placed in the pile, right along the side that of the Christian.

Well there is a way to group all athiests together?

Utter nonsense. Imaginary friends and there arguments and "honest athiests". really?

I think that you may have over estimated your own worth in the views of others if this is not a fable.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join