It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newer Sharia Nations Ban Christmas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: mOjOm

I've never heard that but even if that did happen the Federal government would shut down any discrimination against religious beliefs, especially states shutting down places of worship

For now yes. Which is good. I just wonder how long it will stay that way and what it would take to change that??? Being a Muslim right now in the US means living a life that is right on the verge of being rejected. Even if officially on a governmental level they are accepted more openly doesn't mean the populace will agree with that either. I'm sure you've noticed they aren't exactly the most liked group of people lately.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: mOjOm

Well you should.. there is no agenda in his documentaries, his idea is to go in places personally and broadcast what he sees, he takes no sides to direction or other and lets the viewers make their own conclusions.

I'll check em out. Do you have any suggestions for which ones I should check out first?? I enjoy documentaries a lot actually.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xavi1000

Yes it is. We used to have slavery in this country. How many countries invaded us telling us that it was wrong? None. We figured it out on our own.

I know it sucks, but that is what self-determination is. You have to take the good with the bad. It is also supposed to be a core conservative ideal.

I never say to invade Brunei , but at least i can do not to defend stupid laws like this, with history .This is happening now in 21 st century, we must change mindset on all people on this planet, isolation will not lead forward to better future.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

To be honest, Christmas is a pagan holiday created by the Vatican to lure the pagans into Christianity so who cares if an African nation supposedly bans it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm not defending the laws. I'm defending a country's right to determine their own policies. Please don't mix those two things up to try to paint me as an evil person. There is a clear difference between the two positions.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Typical Islamic hypocrisy.

We (myself included) have no problem with say Diwali, Chinese New Year or even Eid being celebrated in our country. But nooo, if you're in an Islamic state it's all about what the Quran says and what the Quran says only.

Somebody drop a nuke on these hell holes already.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: EightTF3

The existence of American Muslims able to obey the Constitution with no problems between them and their religion says otherwise. Though I find it funny that you posted this ridiculous stereotype then started talking about being "realistic". Lol. That was priceless.

The CIA had a report come out years ago in regards to the behaviors of the Muslim community in regards to the behavior. You go look.that up and point out any fallacies in what we actually see happening. We have around 1% as a population and already have problems. I don't see why not wanting us to go out of our way to import more Islam isn't "realistic". Europe has already shown us how great that is. Hitler should have just started a church and you'd all defend the Nazis. Muhammed was a warlord who used zealotry to divide and conquer, he wasn't a good dude. I got kicked out of Sunday school at a young age and have never subscribed to religion in general, but it's not hard to by just looking up their profit it's not a peaceful religion. That's not to say there's no peaceful people practicing it but it's not a stretch to see why it's not a group you want growing in numbers around you.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I love the Christmas time, I would be incredibly sad if Christmas was lost to us. I remember it as a child, it was wonderful. I am a father, and the joy my son has on Christmas day (as well as the day of Reyes in Spain) is just...it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

We (myself included) have no problem with say Diwali, Chinese New Year or even Eid being celebrated in our country. But nooo, if you're in an Islamic state it's all about what the Quran says and what the Quran says only.

Problem: Countries don't celebrate good tidings and being nice to each other. Solution: Blow them up with nuclear annihilation.

WOW!
edit on 23-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That is fantastic!

Showing your so called tollerance followed by the suggestion of dropping a nuclear bomb on a entire nation.

I swear some of you guys are here just to keep the laughter going.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah, it was dark humor.

They are intolerant, so why can't I be too?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Have fun with that.

link   

a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah, it was dark humor.

They are intolerant, so why can't I be too?

You crack on sunshine, I swear you could not make you up.

Contact Ricky Gervais, he might make a star.

link   

I'm not defending the laws. I'm defending a country's right to determine their own policies. Please don't mix those two things up to try to paint me as an evil person. There is a clear difference between the two positions.

I m not painting you like a evil person. World now is interconnected and is global village, every decision and policy of countries is affecting other countries and people that live there.We must act every time we see this kind of barbarism and stupidness everywhere in the World, not with violence , but with speaking , education, art ....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
And here I thought the USA was one of the few places saying "Merry Christmas" in public was frowned upon.

show us where it is frowned upon....to this day, I have not heard or seen anyone say "don't say Merry Christmas".....it's all a republican myth...and...if you do find ONE or a couple of people who say don't use it, it doesn't mean that "THEY"...as in...group, democrats, liberals, lefties, care a rats ass who uses "Merry Christmas"...this is such a who-cares subject.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Have fun with that.

It´s easy , you can make Islam not religion.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hey, I don't mind trying to reason with these people to change their minds. It's just that usually when people start getting pissed off that other countries are doing things they don't like their first reaction is invasion or some other hostile response to it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Have fun with that.

It´s easy , you can make Islam not religion.

No you can't. You can SAY it isn't a religion, but that would just be a sneaky lie to try to legitimize your clearly unconstitutional approach. It wouldn't fool anyone though.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here is the thing about Christmas for me.

Sure it is a religious song but it goes much further than that.

It is a cultural thing, it is about the culture, the beauty of a choir, the love it inspires, the warmth in winter, these things are not accidental, they are our world.

Other cultures have other things, and I do not know them really, not enough to say one is better or one is worse.

Christians in some cases want to ban Muslims and Muslims, Christians. They are all just pissing up the wrong tree.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Is it Ironic that We paid Ethiopia to squash the islamic Courts Union in 2006 which actually brought six months of peaceful stability to the Somalia in the name of stopping radical Islam, only to have the transitional government we supported enact Sharia Law anyways in 2009?? What a shame. And they still get the warlords without a functional government eh?? Guess we need them to remain no mans land as a transit point for EVERYTHING legal and otherwise between East Asia, India sub continent and the rest of Africa as a route to Europe.

Oh well. I had to get over it no matter how #ty that was. Empires will be empires I guess.
edit on 23-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join