It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Disaster Prediction By "I Am Legend" Movie Conspiracy Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In the beginning of the Will Smith movie "I Am Legend". Will Smith's character is driving around the deserted city hunting deer in his car. The conspiracy theory references the Christmas decorations and the upcoming movie "Batman vs Superman" billboard as a prediction of disaster this holiday season. I don't put much into movies predicting events but it is an interesting coincidence since I am legend was made 9 years ago.

edit on 23-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Exactly what prediction of destruction logic jump are you trying to make ?

originally posted by: infolurker
I am legend was made 9 years ago.

As a side note.
You do know there have been 2 other movies based on the 1954 novel of the same name by Richard Matheson right?
The Last Man on Earth came out in 1964 while The Omega Man came out in 1971.
Originally Arnold Schwarzenegger had signed on to do a modern version of it around 2002 but when that fell through Will Smith eventually stepped in.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I watched The Last Man On Earth a few days ago (BnW version)

Vincent Price was excellent in this.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
perhaps, but the op is referring specifically this rendition, and the product placement of another production that would not be realized for another decade. the disaster in will smiths movie came from a viral outbreak through the alleged cure for cancer.

there could be a correlation between that message and the agressive push for flu vaccines over the last couple of years. i however believe it is more related to gas prices??? in that scene will also drives by an abandoned gas station displaying $5 and $6+ per gallon prices for gas.

i remember everyones shock in the cinema when the camera panned to shots of those prices lol. lots of gasps and "wtf's" from the crowd, over the gas prices!!

plus, this would be the second time batman is involved with a movie connection to a possible false flag?? remember the sandy hook thing from dark knight rises?? ill find the thread and link it when i put the phone down and find a computer.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I bet the Batman V Superman poster in "I Am Legend" was more of an Easter Egg for fans, like they did with Captain 's shield in one of the Ironman movies

interesting theory though. Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

there could be a correlation between that message and the agressive push for flu vaccines over the last couple of years. i however believe it is more related to gas prices??? in that scene will also drives by an abandoned gas station displaying $5 and $6+ per gallon prices for gas.

i remember everyones shock in the cinema when the camera panned to shots of those prices lol. lots of gasps and "wtf's" from the crowd, over the gas prices!!

Really? Ignoring the flu vaccine part (get one every year, somehow not a zombie or dead) people actually audibly reacted in a movie theater to gas prices in the movie? Really? Why? Why would that get ANY reaction? Back then there were daily threats of "$6.00 a gallon gas" which never, ever happened.

And I'm paying a nice $1.79 a gallon right now, so.....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I bet the Batman V Superman poster in "I Am Legend" was more of an Easter Egg for fans, like they did with Captain 's shield in one of the Ironman movies

interesting theory though. Thanks for sharing

Could have been added in recently. I doubt they would have had a plan for that movie and that studio producing it, nine years ago. Could be, but may just be a coincidence. If the logo matches, then I say it was edited in recently as an Easter egg as you guessed.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You do realize that movie deals can be in the works for over a decade, right? Sometimes a movie may go through many scripts, loose funding, gain more funding, loose actors...

A lot of things have to come together to make and put out a movie.

I'm pretty sure the Batman vs. Superman movie was a foregone conclusion 9 years ago, it was probably already in the works on some level, and the inclusion of the image was to gauge public reaction.

"How are people reacting? Are they going nuts over the idea? They are? Awesome, we should be able to convince them to fund for a screen writer to get started..."

Also, it can take time to get the rights secured for the comic characters and whatnot...it's more complicated than people think.

There's no conspiracy to me...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It was an inside joke, the same guy who wrote the I Am Legend script also wrote scripts for Batman and Superman:

Goldsman's draft,[42] dated June 21, 2002, introduced Bruce Wayne attempting to shake all of the demons in his life after his five-year retirement from crimefighting. Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth, and Commissioner Gordon are all dead. Meanwhile, Clark Kent is down on his luck and in despair after his divorce from Lois Lane. Clark serves as Bruce's best man at his wedding to the beautiful and lovely Elizabeth Miller. After Elizabeth is killed by the Joker at the honeymoon, Bruce is forced to don the Batsuit once more, tangling a plot which involves Lex Luthor, while Clark begins a romance with Lana Lang in Smallville and tries to pull Bruce back. In return, Bruce blames Clark for her death, and the two go against one another. Part of the script took place in Smallville, where Clark goes into exile with Lana Lang. However, Lex Luthor is held to be responsible for the entire plot of Batman and Superman destroying each other. The two decide to team up and stop Luthor.[43] Christian Bale, who was being considered for the lead in Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year one adaptation at the time,[44] was simultaneously approached by Peterson for the Superman role. Peterson confirmed in a 2010 interview the only other actor he approached for Superman was Josh Hartnett.[45] Warner Bros. canceled development to focus on individual Superman and Batman projects after Abrams submitted another draft for Superman: Flyby.[41] Christopher Nolan would later cast Bale as Batman the following year in Batman Begins. In the opening scene of I Am Legend, a large banner displays the Superman symbol within the Batman symbol in Times Square. It is meant as an in-joke by writer Akiva Goldsman, who wrote scripts for Batman vs. Superman and I Am Legend.[46]

Wikipedia

Bazinga!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So because Warner Bro made the inevitable movie Batman v Superman and for some reason this awful Will Smith movie had that ad in it years ago we're supposed to believe end of times is near?

God... It's crap like this that make people laugh at CT's. Stop promoting this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hunting deer in a Mustang GT? Ain't gonna happen.
Why didn't he put a round in those fake-ass looking lions?
This character has very poor survival skills.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Really? Ignoring the flu vaccine part (get one every year, somehow not a zombie or dead) people actually audibly reacted in a movie theater to gas prices in the movie? Really? Why? Why would that get ANY reaction? Back then there were daily threats of "$6.00 a gallon gas" which never, ever happened.

And I'm paying a nice $1.79 a gallon right now, so.....

Don't forget that movies ARE propaganda. They are designed to sell, as is very clear from the volume of product placements in that movie alone. There is a stark contrasts in merely hearing pundits allege the impending exorbitant fuel prices, and visually seeing it on a physical price chart that all the general public know and recognize in society. Yes people do react to things they see in movies that reference to real world situations.

Did you see White House Down or Olympus has fallen in theaters?? Its obviously fiction, and yet there were some people who were in tears seeing the events on screen unfold knowing this is fiction.

Hell part of the reason I even go IS to see peoples reactions to the propaganda in films and listen to the ensuing conversations afterwards in the lobby.

Not for any particular reason .... no I am not being paid to do that. But I do write down my observations.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Don't forget that movies ARE propaganda. They are designed to sell, as is very clear from the volume of product placements in that movie alone. There is a stark contrasts in merely hearing pundits allege the impending exorbitant fuel prices, and visually seeing it on a physical price chart that all the general public know and recognize in society. Yes people do react to things they see in movies that reference to real world situations.

Movies can be marketing, propaganda, terrible, horrible, wonderful, demoralizing, uplifting...just like TV, books, music, food..whatever can be..

If you honestly had people that were crying at either White House Down or Olympus Has Fallen then the problem is with the people that cried and not with the movie.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

They were crying in direct reaction to what they were seeing on screen. Seeing the monuments that represent our power fall to the hands of terrorists can be a very traumatic event for some people, even when its just fiction. I was very disturbed playing through the campaign in MW2 because we were fighting in the destroyed streets of DC. It made me very angry and determined to win. Of ourse with an immediate impartial analysis I realized this is exatly the reaction the game creators are looking for.

I am very certain there are triggers with which you respond to as well in a variety of forms of media, you may just do not realize it or honest enough to admit. If it makes you furious enough to see people tortured in movies to the point you will refuse to watch certain ones, that is a trigger. Because that piece of fiction did in fact, just trigger and emotional or logical response.
edit on 23-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Hunting deer in a Mustang GT? Ain't gonna happen.
Why didn't he put a round in those fake-ass looking lions?
This character has very poor survival skills.

Pickups work better, but I have seen people do it from Ford Pintos, AMC Gremlins, VW Rabbits and Dashers and Ford Mavericks. The Ford Maverick escapade involved a not entirely dead deer in the trunk that was subsequently shot while in the trunk, with a .22 rifle.

top topics

join