It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaves to money, then you die....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It`s easier to spend less money than it is to earn more.

people wouldn`t have to spend their whole lives working for money if they didn`t waste so darn much of it.

if you want to be wealthy don`t waste your money, if you waste your money you`ll never be wealthy.

a lot of people are so financially irresponsible that no matter how much money they earn they will never be wealthy.
look at all the stories of lottery winners who are bankrupt just a few years after winning the lottery.for people like that no amount of money would ever be enough to support their financially irresponsible habits.

you can save a small fortune by repairing a car that is paid off instead of constantly having that monthly car payment for new cars.it`s always cheaper to repair a car than it is to buy a new one.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

agreed 100% . Chips, cookies, sodas, fake juice, beer and cigs are some of the biggest drains on income. Buy real food and beverages and stay away from garbage. Lease nothing, and run from contracts like the plague for any consumer products that dont have any potential help you generate revenue.

As in, dont sign a 2 year contract for a $500+ smart phone unless you intend to utilize that device in your day to day income generation. Hell I use a smart phone that cost $40 out the door just for listing things on ebay. I find it much more convenient to list online sales with a phone as the camera functions for the pictures, as well as scanning the UPC of an item and automatically generating product information from the ebay database.

To me, anyone who spends more than a couple hundred on a phone and is only using it for entertainment and communication is a dumb zombie. But hey, IF one can afford it because they are already well off financially, then go for it!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You might want to stop and think that all the products and utilities that you enjoy are designed and produced by people chasing money.

If they're prepared to contribute to society, why shouldn't you?

The trick is to learn to use your free time in a way that truly benefits you. But, you really need to put some thought into that.

Find the right activity and 'only' a couple of hours will count for a lot.

Here's a clue: Inner Space. (not the movie).

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The problem isn't so much that you aren't getting what you want, but that you want it in the first place.

Figure out how to stop wanting anything, and you'll never be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

It's just a ride, but it's your ride.
Decisions, mate! Decisions. Just do it!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This topic is nothing new. For centuries, before human's had this level of technology available to them, people have been plagued with this problem. "What's the point to my life if only to live and die?" "What's the purpose of working your entire life to buy riches you can't use because you are always consumed in working?"

But on the other hand, if we didn't eventually die, what would be the purpose of living forever? How drastically boring and depressing THAT would become.

You have to REALIZE that life isn't what you do, but how you PERCEIVE what you do. If you don't want to waste your years in an office space, creating spreadsheets and answering phone calls, you don't HAVE to. People tell you YOU DO, and credit card companies CONVINCE you that you have to in order to maintain a somewhat credible lifestyle, but babydoll - how you value life, is different compared to how everyone else values life.

If this lifestyle depresses you, then get off the #ing grid and LIVE. Grow a garden, create a close tide of friendships, and live your life how you feel it should best be lived. End of story.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The problem i see is that we have the technology to make everything amazing. However the richest people in the world don't want change. They have us set up exactly as they like and if anything is invented to change the world, the patents are bought and shelved, the inventors are killed or jailed, the plans stolen never to be seen again.

Our passion as humans to make the world a better place is unachievable. We have a hit a dead end while the majority of people think we are still progressing and "thats just the way it is."

It is very frustrating for those of us who realize, it is this way because the billionaires that run the world want it this way.

I personally started my own business and love working with my friends that I've hired. It feels like i have actually accomplished something rather than working my hours away for some other rich guy to take all the benefits.

I've read business owners are the happiest people in the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We spend money

We do not have

To buy things

We do not need

To impress those

We care little about

Who in turn

care nothing for us

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

cute poem. we will win you know.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmm being a slave to money, where I get to take holidays, purchase things I want, get to sleep comfortably, put my feet up all day on Sunday if I wish...sorry doesn't sound like slavery to me..

Let's look back at a time before money!

Work sun up to sun down to survive, can't duck down the shop to get some bread, gotta plant the wheat, wait for it to grow, harvest it, wait gotta make something to harvest it with, build a forge and learn how to make steel, grind it, wait, gotta make something to grind it with..go down the river for some water, oh wait, I need to make something to hold the water in.....

No time for a holiday, what exactly is a holiday anyway?

Die at age 30.

Such simpler, better times!

edit on 24/12/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just don't seem to find the opportunity that fits my values to start making money. Every job everywhere asks for a diploma of some sort but you need to go 3-5 years in school, which costs money, to then come out and see that those jobs aren't available anymore.

I'm in the prime of my life, yet I don't have the money to achieve nothing I really want and once I'll get the money, chances are that I won't be that special anymore.

My talents are so broad that I can't see to find the path I'm suppose to follow...I know I could make it in so many different fields that I don't know where life is waiting for me.

At the moment, I'm just slaving my way through...my life isn't that bad or anything it's just I feel that my destiny is suppose to be so much more.

I got thousands and thousands of songs in my music list and Bitter Sweet Symphony played yesterday too.

But I'm a million different people
From one day to the next
I can't change my mold
No, no, no, no, no
'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
Try to make ends meet
You're a slave to money then you die

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I could help consult you on how to manage your current income level and turn it into a future, but that is entirely dependent on your discipline and determination to stick to it. This means making an analysis of your current expenditures, finding were you are wasting your money, explaining the best route to build liquidity wit your assets and so on.

Many people that feel the way you and the op feel simply lack proper financial and monetary education. My pop was teaching me how to MAKE money from credit before I was kicked out of grade 10. Obviously there will be risk but thats life folks. Anyone who plays it safe their whole life and refuses to take risk will usually not realize their goals and ambitions, and wallow in misery. Are you ready to take control of your financial future, or content leaving as someone else's asset??

Anyone who as a degree in college should not be 'looking' for a job, but MAKING them.

I dont have not even a single day of college education, and I have a shop that brings in money for my family, on my schedule, teaching my kids the value of work, and keeps us well off. In a nation full of uneducated sloths, there is always money to be made from simple and quick tasks others are either too stupid or lazy to do themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

rich is the man who wants nothing in life. But that guy tends to have a whole other set of problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join